Chinese envoy calls for Hasina-Khaleda dialogue

idune

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Chinese envoy calls for Hasina-Khaleda dialogue

Published : Thursday, 22 August 2013

The Chinese ambassador Li Jun has called upon the two top leaders of the ruling Awami League and the Opposition BNP to start a 'face-to-face dialogue', saying 'it would be of great help', reports bdnews24.com.

It was indeed rare for the Chinese to make such appeal because they traditionally avoid interference in internal affairs of other countries.

But ambassador Li Jun made this appeal during a press briefing organised in connection with the seven-day goodwill visit of Chinese naval hospital ship 'Peace Ark' to Bangladesh.

He said he made this appeal because "stability is needed for the development" of a country."

The ambassador said he made his effort for the "face to face talks" through their "good friends" in the both parties, but said "they have wisdom to solve their problems".

"Finally it is the people of Bangladesh to resolve their own problems," he said.

Bangladesh's two major parties are at loggerheads over the next poll-time administration after the incumbent government scrapped the caretaker government provisions.

Chinese envoy calls for Hasina-Khaleda dialogue :: Financial Express :: Financial Newspaper of Bangladesh

europeans, americans and the chinese have called for dialogue...i am waiting for big brother India to urge the parties for this dialogue :)

europeans, americans and the chinese have called for dialogue...i am waiting for big brother India to urge the parties for this dialogue :)

Never, actually. Its not in India's plan or favorable to them that BD political party s work together for greater good.no political chaos ,peace full BD = AIKKA,MULA,TOLI BAASH for india:laughcry:

asking PM and opposition leader to do something like this openly is condescending.... secretly one might say it..

Back
Top Bottom