What's new

Chinese CH-4B Drones now in Operation from Iraq Kut Airbase

Dungeness

Reaction score
Country
China
New Iraqi CH-4B Drones now in Operation from Kut Airbase
By Dylan Malyasov -Oct 10, 2015

On Saturday morning of October 10th, 2015, Iraqi Defence Minister Mr. Khaled al-Obeidi Khalid al-Obaidi arrived at Kut Airbase to see the launching of the Chinese CH-4B combat drone.

It is vital to note that our site has previously reported about Chinese CH-4B combat drone in Iraq. CH-4 unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV) is developed by the China’s Aerospace Long-March International Trade Company (ALIT).

CH-4 looks almost identical to General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper, and the only distinct visual difference between two UAVs is that the ventral fin below the V-tail on MQ-9 is absent on Rainbow-4.
There are two versions, the CH-4A and CH-4B. The CH-4A is a reconnaissance drone (capable of a 3500-5000 km range and a 30-40 hour endurance) while the CH-4B is a mixed attack and reconnaissance system with provisions for 6 weapons and a payload of up to 250 to 345 kg.

• Maximum takeoff weight 1,330-1,350kg
  • Fuel capacity 165kg
  • Payload 345kg
  • Speed (cruising) 150-180km/h; (maximum) 210-235km/h;
  • Range 200-250km Endurance 30 hours (unarmed) 14 hours (armed)
  • Service ceiling 7,500m
Armament CH-4 : Four external hard points (under the wings); Lan Jian 7 (Blue Arrow 7) laser-guided air-to-surface missiles; LT series precision guided bombs; TG100 laser/INS/GPS-guided bomb.

[URL='http://defence-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/CH-4B-1.jpg'][/URL]

its price is only 1/20-1/30 of yankee's MQ-9,while it has almost same features .

once any high-tech so called is mastered by CHinese, it would not be "high-tech" any more.

The MQ-9 has a far greater payload and endurance than the CH-4.

More than10 years ago a Swede told me about the Swedish quality of a hammer. It lasts forever, he said. At that time Chinese made hammer was 20times cheaper. This experience bothers me from time to time. Yeah I like a hammer with good quality to use but why do I need to keep a hammer forever?

Walmart is full of Made in China for a good reason, people want to buy them for its value.

High tech weapons with vegetable price = Chinese brand
That's why I want to go to China for weapons for country like Iraq where our budget is small and we are in an internal war against terrorism.

FC-1 is adaquate to us j-10 is an f-16 alternative with decent price while the su-30 is game changer all these are within reach.

Western weapons especially the American one are world standard but they always come with strings attached.

In our case Iraqis we can't afford it in this time.

That's why I want to go to China for weapons for country like Iraq where our budget is small and we are in an internal war against terrorism.

FC-1 is adaquate to us j-10 is an f-16 alternative with decent price while the su-30 is game changer all these are within reach.

Western weapons especially the American one are world standard but they always come with strings attached.

In our case Iraqis we can't afford it in this time.

Best wishes to your country and your people!

:coffee: Work together against ISIS
123419z4mvyse494sc6c5c.jpg

Not sure ... do we know that this image shows that drone in real combat ?? ... could simply be an older one showing it during "official" presentation to the minister of defence.

New Iraqi CH-4B Drones now in Operation from Kut Airbase
By Dylan Malyasov -Oct 10, 2015

On Saturday morning of October 10th, 2015, Iraqi Defence Minister Mr. Khaled al-Obeidi Khalid al-Obaidi arrived at Kut Airbase to see the launching of the Chinese CH-4B combat drone.

It is vital to note that our site has previously reported about Chinese CH-4B combat drone in Iraq. CH-4 unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV) is developed by the China’s Aerospace Long-March International Trade Company (ALIT).

CH-4 looks almost identical to General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper, and the only distinct visual difference between two UAVs is that the ventral fin below the V-tail on MQ-9 is absent on Rainbow-4.
There are two versions, the CH-4A and CH-4B. The CH-4A is a reconnaissance drone (capable of a 3500-5000 km range and a 30-40 hour endurance) while the CH-4B is a mixed attack and reconnaissance system with provisions for 6 weapons and a payload of up to 250 to 345 kg.

• Maximum takeoff weight 1,330-1,350kg
  • Fuel capacity 165kg
  • Payload 345kg
  • Speed (cruising) 150-180km/h; (maximum) 210-235km/h;
  • Range 200-250km Endurance 30 hours (unarmed) 14 hours (armed)
  • Service ceiling 7,500m
Armament CH-4 : Four external hard points (under the wings); Lan Jian 7 (Blue Arrow 7) laser-guided air-to-surface missiles; LT series precision guided bombs; TG100 laser/INS/GPS-guided bomb.

Good news bro! These should be Iraqi CH-4B am I right? Just like Danish F-16 or Indian T-72, they own these machines.

its price is only 1/20-1/30 of yankee's MQ-9,while it has almost same features .

once any high-tech so called is mastered by CHinese, it would not be "high-tech" any more.

Wow the price (export price I suppose) difference is beyond imagination!

Why do You think the current level is not sufficient ?

Back
Top Bottom