What's new

China’s Tianhe-2 Retains Top Spot on List of World’s Top Supercomputers

Will, could, should, would.

Spoken like a true Indian :lol:
He is an indian american.
They cant beat China in computer technology and will restore to cheap shot like maker of chips is more important than design of the super computer. If chip is so important. Any maker just used the most number of chips can make the world fastest supercomputer, is it?

Will, could, should, would.

Spoken like a true Indian :lol:

it's a definite. didn't you read the articles i post

Aurora
Summit
Sierra
are a reality

all you have posted is three Chinese cpus that don't power any current Chinese supercomputers :rofl:

and they MIGHT power a 100 petaflop Chinese computer in 2016

not for long.

the U.S has in the works 3 supercomputers with 100 to 300 petaflop performance

NVIDIA Volta GPUs and IBM Power9 CPUs To Deliver Up To 300 PetaFlops of Performance in 2017 With Summit and Sierra Supercomputers
Intel's 10nm Knights Hill Powered Aurora Supercomputer To Feature Up To 180 PetaFlops Computational Power - 2018 Launch Scheduled

so tell me how is China suppose to build it's next gen supercomputers and even upgrade the Tiahe-2 if it can't buy U.S semiconduters o_O

are you going to use longsoon processors or even Russia Elbrus :rofl:

maybe if you play nice with Japan they'll let you use SPARC 64 :lol:

Hard to say really. How can we compete. Let us splash a few dozen billions and get back to you.

The list started in 1993. Want to guess how many we had then? 22 years later, we are having this conversation. Could be worse, no?

Top500 List - June 1993 | TOP500 Supercomputer Sites

Also, China is known as the nation that can't do jack and slow to do anything, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Side note, I'm super excited about my tickets for the 2029 trip on the Cali HSR.

He is an indian american.
They cant beat China in computer technology and will restore to cheap shot like maker of chips is more important than design of the super computer. If chip is so important. Any maker just used the most number of chips can make the world fastest supercomputer, is it?

India can't beat China, so they argue as if they are America :lol:

Indians are funny.

You don't sound like Indian to me, but more like a butthurt American boy.

You are most likely WASP as I can generally distinguish the tone between the Indian-Americans and the white Americans.

that me laugh :rofl:

but come on you got to get with reality here.

Tianhe-2 if the article I posted is 100% correct is inefficent and ineffective :D maybe that's why China hasn't built more Supercomputers lately :D why throw away good money??

I am just saying where is China going to get it's hardware from?? you all listed these Chinese processors which none are used in Chinese Supercomputers as right now

U.S and China should work together in the HPC sector!! but we can't trust you.

^^which is kinda ironic since we spy on our allies and the world

Tianhe-2 if the article I posted is 100% correct is inefficent and ineffective :D maybe that's why China hasn't built more Supercomputers lately :D why throw away good money??

I am just saying where is China going to get it's hardware from?? you all listed these Chinese processors which none are used in Chinese Supercomputers as right now

In 2011, China built a petaflop Sunway model with the indigenous processors.

In 2016, China will finish a 100 petaflops Sunway model with the indigenous processors.

Sunway and Tianhe (Milky Way) are two different brands of supercomputer, and their rivalry is kinda like Cray and IBM.

China also has the third brand of supercomputer which is the Dawning series.

if you was born and raised in the U.S then you are American in my book.

Their inferiority complex cannot be cured.

In 2011, China built a petaflop Sunway model with the indigenous processors.

In 2016, China will finish a 100 petaflops Sunway model with the indigenous processors.

Sunway and Tianhe (Milky Way) are two different brands of supercomputer, and their rivalry is kinda like Cray and IBM.

China also has the third brand of supercomputer which is the Dawning series.
'
I get that, but why haven't they built more of these Supercomputers??

why wait 5 years??? why go from 1 Petaflop all the way to 100 Petaflops.

if it's true congrats to China on it's product

I wonder how it will compare to Intel,IBM,Nvidia made system

and it still doesn't address the software gap between China and the West/Japan

that me laugh :rofl:

You talk too much ,dude.
If our supercomputers are insignificant ,you just ignore this thread . No need to argue here.

'
I get that, but why haven't they built more of these Supercomputers??

why wait 5 years??? why go from 1 Petaflop all the way to 100 Petaflops.

if it's true congrats to China on it's product

I wonder how it will compare to Intel,IBM,Nvidia made system

and it still doesn't address the software gap between China and the West/Japan

Well, just look at a decade ago, China was nobody in the supercomputer domain.

Back in 2011, China got its first petaflop supercomputer with the indigenous processors, and it was only 3 years behind the US.

The thing can change really fast in 5 years, so don't be surprised.

The 21th Century miracles belong to China.

You talk too much ,dude.
If our supercomputers are insignificant ,you just ignore this thread . No need to argue here.

just having a conversation.

your supercomputers aren't insignificant.. just pointing out it's too early to say China will dethrone the U.S in this area :wave:

you have the top supercomputer which isn't even being utilized at it's full potential!! not even close

you all got a long way to go in this department :oops:

In the bigger picture, China nearly tripled the number of systems on the latest list, while the number of systems in the United States has fallen to the lowest point since the TOP500 list was created in 1993. China is also carving out a bigger share as a manufacturer of high performance computers with multiple Chinese manufacturers becoming more active in this field.

China now hosts 109 of the high-performance computing systems on a widely watched list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers that was released Monday. The country had just 37 machines on the list only six months ago.

China speed. The New Normal.

On a side note, after I have finally learned that the US person above is in fact a Vietnamese, his conversations start to be more meaningful to me. Lots and lots of inferiority complex I see in that person.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom