What's new

China's state-controlled media has completely ignored coverage of Hong Kong protests

I don't know why the Chinese government is tolerating this shit, they should brutalize these idiots.

I am going to Hong Kong in December for holidays. Hope this sh1t is dealt with before then.

China's state-controlled media has completely ignored coverage of Hong Kong protests
...according to U.S.A.'s state-controlled media still hyperventilating over their "protests" and simply just flat out lying and denying the existing coverage in Chinese media.

And as usual it didn't take seconds to debunk the blatant lies of U.S.A.'s state-controlled media.

But they are just preaching to a pretentious choir of cognitive dissonance and ignorants who lack any ability for critical thought. Pitty the simpletons still falling for this shit.

Last edited:
Yes. Do you have problems understanding the English language?

I know I'm not. You, however, are full of the sh*t Western media feeds you on a daily basis. You're so used to it that you've stopped tasting it.

no i don't have any problems understanding English.
but apparently you have some problems understanding free press, and it's value to society.

anyways, you can't go calling protesters who get fed up with stonewalling, thugs or rioters.
nor a small group when they numbered well over a million on a single day of protesting.
in fact a decent percentage of Hong Kong total citizens went to the streets over this extradition policy.

and considering that this is yet another blatant example of (self-)censorchip by the Chinese media,
your "point" about me being on some kinda "shit" that the western media feeds me daily,

well,

i'm just happy i get to decide my own views, including when to not follow western media news "conclusions".

anything that doesn't cast China in a very friendly, praising kinda way, you ignore or ridicule or hate.
you're the one wearing blinders here dude, not me.

On the other hand, the western media completely ignored the demonstration in last weekend, which showed support for the police and government and was participated by, accurately, hundreds of thousands people.

So there is no much difference. Media coverage is just a tool, a weapon.

On the other hand, the western media completely ignored the demonstration in last weekend, which showed support for the police and government and was participated by, accurately, hundreds of thousands people.

So there is no much difference. Media coverage is just a tool, a weapon.

i had to check that at cnn.com to be sure..

and since you're right, also about the Iraq WMD accusations,
i'll admit western media can't always be trusted to paint a neutral view either.

...according to U.S.A.'s state-controlled media still hyperventilating over their "protests" and simply just flat out lying and denying the existing coverage in Chinese media.

And as usual it didn't take seconds to debunk the blatant lies of U.S.A.'s state-controlled media.

But they are just preaching to a pretentious choir of cognitive dissonance and ignorants who lack any ability for critical thought. Pitty the simpletons still falling for this shit.

US media can't be called state-controlled in my view.
or Trump wouldn't be complaining about certain outlets like CNN as often as he does.

And the protests themselves disprove your point about protester's abilities towards critical thoughts.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/02/business/protests-in-hong-kong-business/index.html
Monday's protests coincided with the 22nd anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong from the United Kingdom to China. Under the terms of the 1997 handover, Beijing promised to respect the semi-autonomous city's distinct political and legal system for 50 years.

it takes guts to stand up to Beijing, especially if you live in a place like Hong Kong,
not just critical thought.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ng-with-students-after-mass-protests-11692536

Hong Kong leader seeks meeting with students after mass protests

Hong Kong's Chief Executive Carrie Lam speaking to the media at police headquarters after protesters ransacked the assembly on the anniversary of the territory's handover to China. (Photo: AFP/Anthony Wallace)
05 Jul 2019 01:30AM (Updated: 05 Jul 2019 01:41AM)
HONG KONG: Hong Kong's chief executive Carrie Lam has asked to meet with the city's university students, her office said on Thursday (Jun 4) evening, as the embattled leader tries to fend off pressure from a month-long political crisis.

Protesters stormed the local parliament on Monday, the 22nd anniversary of the city's return to Chinese rule. This followed mass demonstrations last month against Lam's extradition bill, which critics fear could see Hong Kong citizens being sent for trial in the mainland.

READ: Hong Kong descends into chaos as protesters storm legislature
Lam said she has paused efforts to push for the bill, but protesters say that stops short of a full withdrawal.

In an emailed statement, a spokesperson for Lam said "the Chief Executive has recently started inviting young people of different backgrounds for a meeting, including university students and young people who have participated in recent protests."

The student union at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), one of the eight major higher education institutions, has turned down the offer to meet, saying that the city's leader had requested a closed-door meeting.

"The dialogue must be open to all Hong Kong citizens to participate, and allow everybody the right to speak," the union said in a statement published on Facebook.

Lam's spokesperson said the chief executive hopes the HKUST student union will reconsider taking part in the meeting, which would be held in a "small-scale and closed-door manner" to facilitate an "in-depth and frank exchange of views."

Students there repeated the opposition's request in recent weeks to investigate alleged police brutality against protesters, whom they said Lam should stop labelling "rioters". Introducing genuine universal suffrage was also on the list of demands.

Students at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, another of the eight higher education institutions, were also invited but have not yet decided, a source at the student union there said.

Source: Reuters/de
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ng-with-students-after-mass-protests-11692536

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48868140

Why are the UK and China arguing about Hong Kong?
  • 6 hours ago
Related Topics
_107743582_gettyimages-1152562139-1.jpg
Image copyrightAFP/GETTY IMAGES
Hong Kong is at the centre of a diplomatic row between the UK and China.

The UK has shown support for pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong, a former colony. It says the "one country, two systems" approach - giving Hong Kong citizens different rights and laws to those on the Chinese mainland - must continue.

In response, China has accused the UK government of meddling in internal affairs.

What has been happening?
There have been mass protests against an extradition bill.

It's a piece of legislation that was introduced by the city's pro-Beijing leader Carrie Lam. It would make it easier to transfer people to face trial in China (and elsewhere in the world).

Demonstrators argue it threatens Hong Kong's autonomy (its right to rule itself) and undermines its independent legal system. They fear China could use it for political reasons.

_107723614_gettyimages-1153325894.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionOrganisers say over half a million took part in a pro-democracy march on 1 July
Following the widespread protests the bill was suspended, but not withdrawn.

The UK's foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt condemned violence by protesters, but said China could face "serious consequences" if it uses violence to crack down on them.

He said China must respect Hong Kong's high level of autonomy.

China's UK ambassador Liu Xiaoming said relations between the UK and China had been damaged by Mr Hunt's remarks. He accused the UK of being "hypocritical".

Why does the UK have a role in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong was under British control for 156 years, following a war with China. In 1898, Britain expanded Hong Kong - but the new territory would only be leased for 99 years.

_107744791_7fec27f3-ff3b-497e-9fdf-c9ed7fa24178.png

In 1984, then prime minister Margaret Thatcher signed the Joint Declaration with the Chinese government.

In it the two countries agreed that Hong Kong would be handed back to China in 1997, on a number of conditions. These included the region's high level of autonomy and maintaining certain rights not granted in mainland China.

It was also agreed that Hong Kong's capitalist system, which was different to China's communist model, would continue.

The agreement would be in place for the following 50 years - that's until 2047.

_107661158_hi055018132.jpg
Image copyrightAFP
Image captionThe defaced emblem of Hong Kong in the central chamber - alongside the colonial-era flag
Mr Hunt has said that the letter and the spirit of the agreement must be honoured.

The UK also has an interest in Hong Kong because 300,000 UK nationals live there.

More generally, the government wants to be seen to support democracy.

What does China say about the UK's demands?
The debate is around whether the Joint Declaration is still valid. China says it is merely a historical document.

Chinese officials say Hong Kong is governed by the constitution it adopted at the handover in 1997. This is known as the Basic Law, which outlines the territory's "one country, two systems" arrangement.

However, the UK says the treaty is legally binding. The UK and China have disagreed on this for a number of years.

What could the "serious consequences" for China be?
It's not clear - and that's the point.

Mr Hunt has said that all options are on the table, and didn't rule out expelling Chinese diplomats, or sanctions.

He said this was a form of "strategic ambiguity" aimed at deterring China.

But a heavy-handed response seems unlikely, partly because the UK is looking to boost economic relations with China and signed a trade agreement last month.

No room for Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam to make further concessions on extradition bill, top adviser Fanny Law says

Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor has no room for further concession over a highly divisive extradition bill, according to one of her advisers, who also did not object to the suggestion that heads roll for the political crisis.Fanny Law Fan Chiu-fun, a member of the Executive Council, said on a Saturday radio programme: “Politics is the art of compromising ... and the government has already suspended the bill with no plan of reintroducing it. That’s effectively the same as withdrawing…

Local : 2019-07-06(Saturday) 06:58:40
Found via seductiveapps.com/news

i'll admit western media can't always be trusted to paint a neutral view either.
Quite the understatement. Based on their long record of the most unscrupulous and blatant lies and misinformation, including this article, I'd rather say "Western" (read U.S.) media is absolutely untrustworthy in regards to painting the vaguest images of divisions over adversaries.

US media can't be called state-controlled in my view.
or Trump wouldn't be complaining about certain outlets like CNN as often as he does.
In my view it takes some immense naivety to even suggest that these two things are mutually exclusive, especially with someone as inconsistent as that entertainer you guys call a president, well known for "flip flopping" on his standpoints. They simply aren't.

For decades the biggest part of U.S. media has even uncritically echoed and amplified baseless claims and rumors about state level "foreign adversaries" straight out of the mouth of U.S. state agencies posing as "independent media" and U.S. state agents posing as "independent" organizations and individuals and the U.S media has been laundering U.S. regime propaganda for the masses who are deluded by the idea they are served by some "free" press, but you are going for complete denial?
Just because nth-layer proxies like the Washington Post or Newsweek label dubious claims from Voice of America, Radio Free Asia, Radio Liberty "independent reports" or "sources" its not any less U.S. state propaganda.
Just because nth-layer proxies like Bloomberg and CNN refer to personal claims of U.S. officials as "the UN" or "experts" its not any less U.S. state propaganda.
Are you really trying to tell us all these directors and editors never noticed they are citing black on white, officially and legaly owned, hired and/or funded U.S. state actors representing nothing but U.S. state policy, when they (mis)label them as "independent" institutions or don't know that the thousands "local Chinese/Asian/Syrian/Arab/European/... source" they cited is headquartered next door in Washington D.C., while they are never missing out even once to (mis)label everyone and everything in China "state owned" or "party members" even when its not true?

Don't pull out the "they arent always calling the earth flat" strawman so soon. We all know these pretenses of "independent free journalism" are part of the script tailored to popular national myths in U.S. society. The overtone is everything. If you controll it you controll "the media". Controll has never been neccessarily formal or consentual.

Who are you trying to fool here? Bloomberg, Washington Post, CNN and so on. Here, we all know what they are guilty of.

And the protests themselves disprove your point about protester's abilities towards critical thoughts.
Sounds like your are conflating something here. Letting yourself get agitated and parotting so called "critique" from 3rd parties has little to do with "critical thought" and much more with emotions and stress, nothing that needs to have to do anything with what the "critique" is about. Its a common stitch for opposition to interview idiots at "protests" who have no clue what they are even talking about among groups throwing a temper tantrum to undermine the entire protest them. No matter how equally dishonest that might be, that alone disproves the point you are trying to make about "protest". But no matter how absurd it is, I never even said that. Learn to read.

I said "critical thought" not "critical thoughts" and I said " [this U.S. regime mouthpiece is] preaching to a pretentious choir of cognitive dissonance and ignorants who lack any ability for critical thought." To skip over tedious rounds of denial: Thats refers to their target audience, who will read that headline and once again just blindly accept this blatant lie as a fact and condemn China for no valid reason and delude themself even further into their imaginary moral highground, not matter how hyperbolic it already sounds and easy it was proven wong.

Last edited:
what was a load of nonsense, @Globenim

you're brainwashed, i see you display conspiracy theories, hatred, and the denial of reality, in a completely nonsensical way.

let's agree to disagree ok

what was a load of nonsense, @Globenim

you're brainwashed, i see you display conspiracy theories, hatred, and the denial of reality, in a completely nonsensical way.

let's agree to disagree ok
Lets agree we both know why you shy away from an argument against all the inconventient undisputeable facts and errors I pointed out and just screech these ad-homs in denial.

Last edited:
no dude. it simply means i'm not interested to waste my energy explaining things any more than i already did, to guys like you.

no dude. it simply means i'm not interested to waste my energy explaining things any more than i already did, to guys like you.
Yes we know what you mean. You only push your dishonest and venomous agenda and narratives and everything that condradicts you (but doesnt seem like an easy target to pull some wool and spin over) will just be ignored or denied, because guys like you dont actually care about the truth or making any sense.

Back
Top Bottom