What's new

China's space solar power station: million tons cost up to $ 1 trillion

How will the satellite "transmit" power? So far humans have not been able to transmit power over space/air for more than a few centimeters. Please correct me if im out of date or simply, wrong.

I think the "few centimeters" power transmission you were referring to is probably electromagnetic induction. That method has been around since tesla's time and is currently used in transformers (not the giant robots) and AC/DC converters for laptops and other electronics. There are also "wireless" cell phone chargers that use this concept.

not possible.
any plane/space vehicles flying across will be microwaved...

A great idea from China. Probably it is a weapon program. But, anyway, the PRC should hold a plebiscite of all Chinese adults, including the ones living in rural areas, on how to spend a trillion of very hard earned dollars? (1) an outer space power station or (2) better infrastructure, food and shelter for the common man?

A great idea from China. Probably it is a weapon program. But, anyway, the PRC should hold a plebiscite of all Chinese adults, including the ones living in rural areas, on how to spend a trillion of very hard earned dollars? (1) an outer space power station or (2) better infrastructure, food and shelter for the common man?

They rather invested that 1 trillion in US T-Bills.....

I don't think rocket technology will exist in 2040. By that time it will have long been extinct, replaced by anti-gravity tech, with tech more advanced that TR-3B.

This is nothing but an eye-ball drawing plan and it's not that practisable.Rewnewable energy or nuclear fusion energy will have more priorities than the space station generators.Just remember,the cost sending 1 Kilo stuffs to space equals the same amount of gold.

It's always good to theorize about stuff like this. People have also conceptualized giant starships using current technology that could exit our solar system. But that doesn't mean they will be built in the next decades.

IMO, the money here would be better spent on terrestrial energy solutions. But it's China's money, they can certainly do what they want with it.

Back
Top Bottom