What's new

China's software industry revenue touches $311 billion

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
BEIJING: China's domestic software industry has started to attract more local consumers, with revenues touching $311 billion in first ten months of the year, Chinese official media reported.

Chinese software and operating systems for servers are meeting the industry's needs after years of development, as 75 per cent of domestic business users are satisfied with the software they are using, state run Xinhua news agency quoted Gao Zhiyang, deputy director of the China Software Testing Center (CSTC), as saying.

In terms of certain criteria and standards, a number of domestic developers are nearing or even overtaking their foreign counterparts, he said.

In the first ten months of the year, business revenues for China's software sector surged 25.8 per cent year on year to 1.96 trillion yuan ( $4311 billion) , according to a report released by the CSTC.

Several India software firms have been making efforts to gain control of China's software market.

While TCS is firmly entrenched with several local government contracts, others including Infosys and Wipro relied mostly on contracts from multinationals in that country.

India has been pressuring China to open up the software market to address the trade imbalance between the two countries.

The software sector in China, however, is still dealing with unstable software performance and an inefficient quality management system.

Some companies still lack innovation and rely heavily on overseas markets for core technology, Gao said.

Gao called for more efforts related to copyright protection and a better management system for the healthier growth of the sector

China's software industry revenue touches $311 billion - The Times of India

Congrats to china, our softeware industry is doing quite well bearing in mind we are not an IT superpower like india

We need an export Market for consumer electric products to improve our softpower. Like S. Korea does with Samsung.

I think Chinese government should open up its software Industry to Indian companies. That way the trade imbalance will be addressed and it will also increase people to people contact.:tup:

I think Chinese government should open up its software Industry to Indian companies. That way the trade imbalance will be addressed and it will also increase people to people contact.:tup:

Do not have too many illusions.our software industry is based on domestic market.the main users are millions of manufacturing companies and public service systems.foreign companies will feel acclimatized for they cann't easily get to know what the consumers want .india companies have no advantages.

Do not have too many illusions.our software industry is based on domestic market.the main users are millions of manufacturing companies and public service systems.foreign companies will feel acclimatized for they cann't easily get to know what the consumers want .india companies have no advantages.

You didnt get my point quite right. Will try to elaborate on what i meant.

top ten Chinese software companies

1 华为技术有限公司
2 中兴通讯股份有限公司
3 神州数码 ( 中国 ) 有限公司
4 海尔集团公司
5 北大方正集团有限公司
6 南京联创科技集团股份有限公司
7 浪潮集团有限公司
8 浙江浙大网新科技股份有限公司
9 同方股份有限公司
10 东软集团有限公司

its already open, infosys hires 5000 people in China. Tata consultant also has a branch in china

Chinese software? OMG malicious trojans virus
never ever install them

What Chinese software? I have never seen it here.

Why didn't South Korean software companies dominate Chinese market?

Back
Top Bottom