What's new

China's Race for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technology

google already lost when they declined to compete in this event :D

Well, does Lin Dan play in every small hook and nook tournament in the world?

Does Roger Federer play in every small tournament across the world?

The fact remains that by most industry estimates, Google is the leader in almost everything AI.

In artificial intelligence, largely no where.

But, interesting fact is also that traditional technology players like Germany and Japan are also lagging in this area.

Thanks to our visionary policies in promoting and funding dying industries such as the coal mining industry and thinking that relying on the US for anything related to IT, we have become pretty much obsolete in this important sector.

Not only that, we are going to lose more pillars of our economy such as automobile and machinery if we don't change our mindset and cut the umbilical cord to the parasitic US.

Well, does Lin Dan play in every small hook and nook tournament in the world?

Does Roger Federer play in every small tournament across the world?
that excuse doesn't work here. china, korea and japan are the best in this game and are competing with each others. there's no other higher level completion out there that know the game better than those three countries. if you dont compete there? who are you gonna do compete with? usa, spain, kuwait? this is no tennis lolz

that excuse doesn't work here. china, korea and japan are the best in this game and are competing with each others. there's no other higher level completion out there that know the game better than those three countries. if you dont compete there? who are you gonna do compete with? usa, spain, kuwait? this is no tennis lolz

Firstly, Korea and Japan are NOT good at AI, or AI software.

Secondly, as I say, this is an obscure competition hidden somewhere.

I am sure there will be an opportunity in the near future to test both AIs. I am waiting for that, but Google is the supremo maestro in AI.

Firstly, Korea and Japan are NOT good at AI, or AI software.
:rolleyes:
japan is the definition of ai and korea is not bad either. korean team smashed everyone not long ago in darpa robotics competition where google also took part in.

Last edited:
japan is the definition of ai and korea is not bad either. they beat everyone not long ago in darpa robotics completion where google also took part in.

My friend.

AI is not limited to darpa, or some puny competitions.

AI is very broad.

Please trust me.

Those robots in Darpa competitions are children infront of the real stuff, which no body usually show cases. Even Indian teams went there in there Underwater Autonomous Competition.

What I'm talking about is path-breaking AI.

Japan is very far behind in AI in most areas. It has some traditional strength in computer vision and sensors. But even that is being eroded. Japan is not well placed for the coming AI season.

My friend.

AI is not limited to darpa, or some puny competitions.

AI is very broad.

Please trust me.

Those robots in Darpa competitions are children infront of the real stuff, which no body usually show cases. Even Indian teams went there in there Underwater Autonomous Competition.

What I'm talking about is path-breaking AI.

Japan is very far behind in AI in most areas. It has some traditional strength in computer vision and sensors. But even that is being eroded. Japan is not well placed for the coming AI season.

im not talking toy robot competition where your indian team went to compete here. the competition i'm talking bout involved advanced robots from boston dynamics, nasa, japan and many others. keep making excuses.. lolz

im not talking toy robot competition where your indian team went to compete here. the competition i'm talking bout involved advanced robots from boston dynamics, nasa, japan and many others. keep making excuses.. lolz

So if you are talking about robotics, a lot of AI, has only tangential application and overlap with robotics.

For robotics, it is really only vision that matters most.

Chinese Go player beats Japanese AI challenger
China Plus, March 23, 2017

f44d307d91061a3d74bb06.jpg

Chinese Go player Mi Yuting (right) in the match of the World Go Championship 2017 in Japan on March 21, 2017 [Photo: Xinhua]

Chinese Go player, Mi Yuting, beat the Japanese artificial intelligence "DeepZenGo" in the World Go Championship 2017 in Japan in a nail-biting seven hour match, held Tuesday.

"The situation was competitive and for a moment I felt that I may lose," said Mi Yuting.

"I didn't sense much difference from having a match with a person, but I felt uneasy because I couldn't talk about the match with AI "DeepZenGo" afterwards," added Mi.

Mi also said that he gave himself 70 marks for his performance in the match.

Yu Bin, chief coach of China's Go team, said that "DeepZenGo" had a good command of overall judgment in the Go game, and that he hadn't expected such competence from a machine.

Hideki Kato, Japanese Go programmer who developed "DeepZenGo", said that he will further improve his creation and has high hopes for AI.

At another recent Go tournament on March 19, FineArt, developed by Chinese internet giant Tencent, beat "DeepZenGo" to win the 10th Computer Go UEC Cup.

The ancient Chinese game of Go is an abstract strategy board game for two players, in which the aim is to surround more territory than the opponent. With 4,000 years of history, it was regarded as one of the four most refined skills that an ancient Chinese intellectual could possess.

@AndrewJin , @samsara , can we find a recap of the game on Youku-Tudou-iQiyi? I have looked for it could not locate.

I can play chess and Chinese chess (xiangqi 象棋) but not Go, so I can't help, TaiShang.

Btw, I won't surprise that sooner or later the machine (AI) will beat human in mind games like this as it already happened in chess. The machine can just calculate faster and more steps ahead as well as retain much better memory than human's brain.

I can play chess and Chinese chess (xiangqi 象棋) but not Go, so I can't help, TaiShang.

Btw, I won't surprise that sooner or later the machine (AI) will beat human in mind games like this as it already happened in chess. The machine can just calculate faster and more steps ahead as well as retain much better memory than human's brain.
I can only play Chinese chess.
Go is too hard....It's about Chinese philosophy.

It's assumed that by 2047 machines computing ability will cross humans.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom