What's new

China's Picturesque Tibet Autonomous Region: News & Images

The southeast is the most populous region in Tibet, and the west of Sichuan is the least developed region of the province. The two regions are filled with breathtaking natural views and fascinating ethnic cultures.

"The railway will effectively boost tourism, and bring a new Shangri-La to the world and tangible revenue to local people," said He Ping, a tourism agency manager in Chengdu.

China's Tibet offers one of the few natural wonders of the world. Greater connectivity will reinforce domestic and international tourism and help China's new 5-year plan to develop inland regions.

China's Tibet offers one of the few natural wonders of the world. Greater connectivity will reinforce domestic and international tourism and help China's new 5-year plan to develop inland regions.

With the road, rail and power grid connectivity, this will not only help tourism but help to make Tibet one of modern region compare to any SA nations and increase the economy competiveness. on this video see how clean the street..its much cleaner than where I live:D

The Ngari (Ali) prefecture of Tibet, one of the highest areas in the world, has recently emerged as a promising site for future astronomical observation.

Here we use 31 years of reanalysis data from the Climate Forecast System Reanalysis (CFSR) to examine the astroclimatology of Ngari, using the recently-erected Ali Observatory at Shiquanhe (5~047~m above mean sea level) as the representative site. We find the percentage of photometric night, median atmospheric seeing and median precipitable water vapor (PWV) of the Shiquanhe site to be 57%, 0.8" and 2.5~mm, comparable some of the world's best astronomical observatories.

Additional calculation supports the Shiquanhe region as one of the better sites for astronomical observations over the Tibetan Plateau. Based on the studies taken at comparable environment at Atacama, extraordinary observing condition may be possible at the few vehicle-accessible 6~000~m heights in the Shiquanhe region. Such possibility should be thoroughly investigated in future.

Tibet's Ali: Asia's Atacama? - SpaceRef
----
Tibet is not only the water tower of Asia but it offer other undiscovered great potential

global-significance-of-tibet-3-638.jpg

Last edited:
The Ngari (Ali) prefecture of Tibet, one of the highest areas in the world, has recently emerged as a promising site for future astronomical observation.

Here we use 31 years of reanalysis data from the Climate Forecast System Reanalysis (CFSR) to examine the astroclimatology of Ngari, using the recently-erected Ali Observatory at Shiquanhe (5~047~m above mean sea level) as the representative site. We find the percentage of photometric night, median atmospheric seeing and median precipitable water vapor (PWV) of the Shiquanhe site to be 57%, 0.8" and 2.5~mm, comparable some of the world's best astronomical observatories.

Additional calculation supports the Shiquanhe region as one of the better sites for astronomical observations over the Tibetan Plateau. Based on the studies taken at comparable environment at Atacama, extraordinary observing condition may be possible at the few vehicle-accessible 6~000~m heights in the Shiquanhe region. Such possibility should be thoroughly investigated in future.

Tibet's Ali: Asia's Atacama? - SpaceRef
----
Tibet is not only the water tower of Asia but it offer other undiscovered great potential

Gorgeous. Seeing the landscape, reminds me of how Heaven can touch the Earth. :)

1_d50300c680ac67a634ac7ed03ca17244_510

2010-09-30-at-10-48-51.jpg

1370321020_78957.jpg

1bbba08a4125524e6e08910edd471ed1.jpg

151451665.jpg

I would love to visit Tibet someday, just to cast my eyes on the beauty of Tibetan women. :)

129646886755616653.jpg

tumblr_lb3o87jf5d1qau6f9o1_500.jpg

:smitten:

When I said others great potential such singing....Tibetans have a natural gift with great voice .能歌善舞 :D

Last edited:
When I said others great potential such singing....Tibetans have a natural gift with great voice .能歌善舞 :D

Their language is very airy to the ears ! In a way, the tone sounds almost similar to Mandarin,...well to my Japanese ears, lol!

This Tibetan girl first started her career in Japan.
Alan Dawa Dolma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She's Tibetan?? Always thought アラン was Chinese....hmm! I really thought she was Han, never thought she was Tibetan.

20081224072231.jpg

She's Tibetan?? Always thought アラン was Chinese....hmm! I really thought she was Han, never thought she was Tibetan.

20081224072231.jpg

You always thought you can tell which is which, truth is ,you can't, I can't, no one can, Any Asian face can be Chinese

Tibetan music group

阿蘭達瓦卓瑪~天路 Alan Dawa Zhuoma

Last edited:
You always thought you can tell which is which, truth is ,you can't, I can't, no one can, Any Asian face can be Chinese

Tibetan music group

Your nation is just so large, my friend. With such a vast number of ethnicity, peoples, all living under one nation. Yes, i suppose , you're right.

Tibetan girl singing Chinese popular song "Like You" in Tibetan language

Back
Top Bottom