What's new

China’s Nuclear Submarines Are Less Than Advertised

As long as the Chinese subs can scare the Indian submariners enough to wear adult diapers, it is good enough.

If it is silent enough for the US Navy, it is good enough.

Chinese submarine stalks the USS Kitty Hawk "undetected"

Nov 13, 2006

(Read the whole story in the Washington Times, click "here")

A Chinese submarine stalked a U.S. aircraft carrier battle group in the Pacific last month and surfaced within firing range of its torpedoes and missiles before being detected, The Washington Times has learned.

The surprise encounter highlights China’s continuing efforts to prepare for a future conflict with the U.S., despite Pentagon efforts to try to boost relations with Beijing’s communist-ruled military.

The submarine encounter with the USS Kitty Hawk and its accompanying warships also is an embarrassment to the commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific, Adm. William J. Fallon, who is engaged in an ambitious military exchange program with China aimed at improving relations between the two nations’ militaries.

According to the defense officials, the Chinese Song-class diesel-powered attack submarine shadowed the Kitty Hawk undetected and surfaced within five miles of the carrier Oct. 26.
Debunked a long time ago.

it is epoch times

I am glad it is spoken from the usa military who has this knowledge while as far back as 2007 our diesel-electric powered submarine popped up for some fresh air in the yankee's CBG

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492804/The-uninvited-guest-Chinese-sub-pops-middle-U-S-Navy-exercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.htm

Correction and what happened to the date of dailymail-uk's reporting
The incidence did happen in November 2006 indeed!

China sub stalked U.S. fleet - Washington Times

What this article does not take into account is the future basing of these SSBNs, for example Gwader in Pakistan, in which case they are directly at mouth of the Persian Gulf and/or any other PLAN bases that might crop in South Asia, South-East Asia or Africa.

Admiral: China Nuclear Missile Submarine Threat is Not Credible | Washington Free Beacon
“For a submarine-launched ballistic missile to be effective it has to be accurate, and you have to be stealthy, and survivable and I’ll leave it at that,” Adm. Jonathan Greenert, chief of naval operations, said when asked about publication in China’s state-run press last month of plans for killing between 5 million and 12 million Americans in a nuclear strikes.
That is all he said when asked in respond to the Global Times article about and I quote Free Beacon: "plans for killing between 5 million and 12 million Americans in a nuclear strikes"(did global times really said it like that?).

It is basically a tactful political rhetoric that one would expect a politician would say. He is obviously very careful not to mention China directly, probably to avoid a war of word or diplomatic problem from the two side. And yet leave enough room to insinuate something for the home crowd.

But that is enough for Free Beacon to run the headline "Admiral: China Nuclear Missile Submarine Threat is Not Credible" and also for the China bashing falun gong tabloid epoch times to make a mountain out of molehill as the article from OP.

Did the Admiral really meant it like that?

Who care. As an admiral one would expect him to be more forthright if that is the message he want to deliver, not with such a neutral bland statement.

Correction and what happened to the date of dailymail-uk's reporting
The incidence did happen in November 2006 indeed!

China sub stalked U.S. fleet - Washington Times

Wait why would the Chinese (if true) would show they can sneak upon a carrier battle group? Doesn't that violate the Chinese secrets that their submarines are very quiet? It be like the U.S. sub force admitting they can follow Soviet boomers quietly.

Wait why would the Chinese (if true) would show they can sneak upon a carrier battle group? Doesn't that violate the Chinese secrets that their submarines are very quiet? It be like the U.S. sub force admitting they can follow Soviet boomers quietly.

that is one way of interpretaton
why would the usa even have to report it and there was no confirmation nor denial from us after the news?
I will ask them (PLA) why if I have a chance. :cheesy:

that is one way of interpretaton
why would the usa even have to report it and there was no confirmation nor denial from us after the news?
I will ask them (PLA) why if I have a chance. :cheesy:

Reporters don't usually listen to the govt. Don't know how China does it. Did they say anything about the incident if true? At least rumors?

Reporters don't usually listen to the govt. Don't know how China does it. Did they say anything about the incident if true? At least rumors?

there is no political ideologies on weapon testing. cut that crap
you have to wait for any update. enjoy the smilies here are some more for you 8-):partay:

Showing the ability to ambush US CBG would be in-line with China A2/AD strategy.

The PLAN commissioned its first nuclear sub in 1983, XIA Class.
They tested the first SLBM in 1988....

Its been 30 years that they have been making, operating and firing SLBMs from a nuclear submarine.
There shouldn't be any doubt in their boomer capabilities...

The PLAN commissioned its first nuclear sub in 1983, XIA Class.
They tested the first SLBM in 1988....

Its been 30 years that they have been making, operating and firing SLBMs from a nuclear submarine.
There shouldn't be any doubt in their boomer capabilities...

Actually, PLAN's first nuclear sub was Han class in 1974. Though later than the American Nautilus, it was much bigger, with a beam of 10 meters compared to 8.5 meters.

I am confused why the top chief of China and its military know well about their comparison to US, Russia ... but they still exaggerate about it to their people.

I guess the morale of Chinese people getting low if they found the truth about comparison between China and those superpowers ?

Back
Top Bottom