China's L-15 may enter the America's T-X jet trainer bid

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
China
Want military transparency? We'll give you military transparency:

Briefing: China set to bid on major US aerospace programmes

Chinese President Hu Jintao's high-profile visit to the US looks set to be followed by ambitious bids from China to supply platforms to meet two major US military aircraft procurement programmes.

State-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) is preparing proposals, in partnership with existing partner US aviation services group US Aerospace (USAE), to bid for the US Navy's VXX helicopter programme and the US Air Force T-X project to procure advanced jet trainers (AJT).

A lawyer who represents USAE in its dealings with AVIC, John C Kirkland – a partner at California law firm Luce Forward -–revealed to Jane's on 21 January that in both proposals AVIC would supply what would be regarded as civilian aircraft platforms that would be upgraded in the US with military avionics and, in the case of the T-X, a fire control system. Such manufacturing programmes would be facilitated under a USAE-AVIC strategic partnership that was formed in September 2010.

VXX

In the VXX programme, which was revived by Washington in February 2010 after being cancelled in 2009 because of cost overruns, the partnership are planning to bid with AVIC's 13-tonne AC-313 medium-lift transport helicopter, which is principally designed for civilian use. In the T-X programme, the bid would focus on AVIC's twin-engine L-15 Falcon AJT. In addition, USAE and AVIC are planning to market the Chinese-produced C919 jet airliner in the US as a business jet as well as a regional aircraft.

The VXX programme is worth about USD6 billion and, if USAE-AVIC bids for the contract, it is likely to be up against the AgustaWestland AW101 and the Sikorsky S-92 medium-lift helicopters. The USN is expected to procure more than 20 platforms to replace the existing Sikorsky VH-3 and VH-60 helicopters from around 2017.

No comment??? The silence is deafening :D :D :D... I guess there must be paid Communist spies working at Janes or something. How else could you explain this?

It was bound to happen..
Target, Wal-Mart and every other store is flooded with Chinese goods.
Every third toy is made in China..
It is going to happen soon enough.

If USA willing to use China-made weapons, It can save a lot of military expenditure.

If the USA willing to use China-made weapons, Chinese people will believe the sincerity of the USA.
If the USA not willing to use China-made weapons, It shows that the USA does not trust us. So, We cann't trust it too.

But of course they can always accept the bid to 'evaluate' their suitability.

Well thinking about it the U.S. may use this as an opportunity to purchase a limited number of the planes to evaluate China's aviation capabilities. Some of the best Chinese tech are employed on the L-15 (I believe that they are installing a small AESA). Any how I think this is a plane worthy of competition.

L-15 is a good trainer and can give a tough time to competitors,but the thing tha baffles me is heli ,it will be interesting to see how Chinese heli competes with heli giants .USA itself produce dozens of quality choppers what was the need to go for Chinese one

I think the background is more kind of diplomatic,with the emerging of China as a power US wants to have a good diplomatic relations with China ,and what can be better then inviting China to a bid for defence needs and also US can have a inside look of what Chinese are capable of when it comes to defence tech.

Remember US purchasing soviet origin choppers and aircrafts to have a deep inside of the tech

L-15 is a good trainer and can give a tough time to competitors,but the thing tha baffles me is heli ,it will be interesting to see how Chinese heli competes with heli giants .USA itself produce dozens of quality choppers what was the need to go for Chinese one

I think the background is more kind of diplomatic,with the emerging of China as a power US wants to have a good diplomatic relations with China ,and what can be better then inviting China to a bid for defence needs and also US can have a inside look of what Chinese are capable of when it comes to defence tech.

Remember US purchasing soviet origin choppers and aircrafts to have a deep inside of the tech

+1...this deal if ever materialised would serve as a guniea pig for the americans to look deep into chinese ideas of aerial advances.

+1...this deal if ever materialised would serve as a guniea pig for the americans to look deep into chinese ideas of aerial advances.

On the plus side (for the Chinese) American requirements could give insights on U.S. military doctrine and give a better idea on the gap between American and Chinese military training. The Second Air Division in Guangdong improved their skills a great deal by basing some of their training on those of the USAF.

On the plus side (for the Chinese) American requirements could give insights on U.S. military doctrine and give a better idea on the gap between American and Chinese military training. The Second Air Division in Guangdong improved their skills a great deal by basing some of their training on those of the USAF.

Isn't there a false flag squadron in Nanjing Military Division that flies exclusively with USAF tactics?

Isn't there a false flag squadron in Nanjing Military Division that flies exclusively with USAF tactics?

I haven't heard about it but it is definitely a possibility. A lot of the fighter pilots on the "blue team" are experienced pilots who routinely score 13:1 against less capable regiments.

Back
Top Bottom