What's new

China's hi-speed railway - Symbol of toil and efficiency of the Chinese people

Status
Not open for further replies.
:smokin:

we should export more to india.
Until a trade deficit drives them down..good going with the USA..soon to be replayed with India :D :D

Then force them to sell Arunchal Pardesh!

Last edited:
Until a trade deficit drives them down..good going with the USA..soon to be replayed with India :D :D

Then force them to sell Askai Chin!

By saying something like this you perpetuate the stupid myth that the US economy is suffering because of Chinese producing power AND you assume Aksai Chin is Indian.:hitwall:

Speed test of Huhang high-speed rail sets new record of 416.6 km/h

At 11:37 a.m. Tuesday, in a speed test of a Chinese-made new generation of high-speed train called the "Harmony" CRH-380A, the train hit 416.6 kilometers per hour on the Huhang high-speed railway, which runs from Shanghai to Hangzhou, creating a new record of world's fastest high-speed rail operation speed. It also signifies that China is leading the world in high-speed rail technology.

At present, China already has 7,055 kilometers of high-speed railways in operation, ranking first in the world.

China has become a strong nation in high-speed railways with the world's most complete high-speed rail system technology, strongest integration capability, longest operating mileage, fastest operation speed as well as the largest high-speed railway scales in building, leading the new trend of the world's high-speed rail development.

With a design speed of 350 kilometers per hour, the Shanghai-Hangzhou high-speed railway links Shanghai and Hangzhou at a total length of 159 kilometers. It starts from Shanghai Hongqiao Station via Shanghai's Minhang, Songjiang, Jinshan districts, Zhejiang's Jiaxing and Hangzhou to finally arrive at the Hangzhou East Railway Station. It is expected to transport 80 million one-way passengers per year.

By Zhao Chenyan, People's Daily Online

Speed test of Huhang high-speed rail sets new record of 416.6 km/h - People's Daily Online

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Length of China's high-speed rail to exceed 13,000 kilometers in 2012

China’s high-speed railways are expected to exceed 13,000 kilometers in 2012 and will reach more than 16,000 kilometers by 2020. High-speed railways are and will continue to change the production mode and lifestyle of the Chinese people.

The high-speed railway is a safe, reliable, fast and comfortable, large volume, low-carbon and environmentally friendly means of transportation, and have become an important trend in world railway development, according to the Asian Manufacturing Association on Sept. 16.

The operational high-speed railways in Chinese mainland have reached 6,900 kilometers so far and its commercial mileage ranks first in the world. Meanwhile, there are more than 10,000 kilometers of high-speed railways in China under construction and high-speed railways with the world's fastest operating speed of 350 kilometers per hour, including the Beijing-Tianjin high-speed railway, Wuhan-Guangzhou high-speed railway, Zhengzhou-Xi'an high-speed railway and Shanghai-Nanjing high-speed railway, have begun operations.

High-speed railways are one of the world's most environmentally friendly and the most efficient means of transportation. Its energy consumption is one-sixth of cars. As high-speed railways adopt electrical energy, its carbon emissions are almost zero.

The high-speed railway industry is a key industry driving the economy and every 1 yuan of investment in high-end high-speed railway technology will lead to 9 yuan of output.

In addition, high-speed railways also reduce more than two-thirds of time in the train for each person. The success of China's high-speed railway marks that China's manufacturing industry has entered a whole new level and also has laid a solid foundation for enhancing the international status of China's manufacturing industry.

Meanwhile, the high-speed railway has accelerated the realization of the "half-hour economic circle" and the "one-hour economic circle" between cities. It can be said that the high-speed railways are and will continue to change the production mode and lifestyle of the Chinese people, according to Luo Jun, chief executive officer and secretary general of the Asian Manufacturing Association.

However, what kind of impacts will the "high-speed railway" big cake that requires 3 billion yuan of investments per day bring to the international and domestic equipment manufacturing industry and to the related enterprises?

The topic of "China high-speed railway" will be opened in the forthcoming Fourth Forum of the Asian Manufacturing Industry that will be held on Oct. 29 to focus on the leading and promoting role of China's high-speed railway toward the equipment manufacturing industry and related industries.

The Ministry of Railways is the support unit of China's high-speed railway, and its related high-level leaders and leading experts will also focus on the analysis of the independent innovation and the future development strategies of China’s high-speed railways.

By People's Daily Online

Length of China's high-speed rail to exceed 13,000 kilometers in 2012 - People's Daily Online

^^^ Lol nice, I see that if you post after your own post now it gets linked together.

edit: strangely it doesn't work for this one.
edit2: and lol just realised that the first news is already posted in another thread.

The linking together of two successive posts into a single post only occurs if the second post is within one or two minutes of the first post. It has happened to me too.

To fix it, simply "cut" the "second" post and "paste" it into a different message box.

C380A near JinShan station.

10100623228b306bbc42cbeeed.jpg

1010062322841cf7162e56214f.jpg

I think trains are a very smart move for Asia, since we have so many damn people. You can only fit so many on an airplane. I think population density of Asian makes HSR system very attractive, where as in the US, not so much.

It is great to see China improving, hopefully, they will roll this out too all of Asia, so Asian people travel to other places in Asia, like European do in Europe.

The Chinese obviously studied very hard before this development, I can't see anything bad about HSR development in China.

I think trains are a very smart move for Asia, since we have so many damn people. You can only fit so many on an airplane. I think population density of Asian makes HSR system very attractive, where as in the US, not so much.

It is great to see China improving, hopefully, they will roll this out too all of Asia, so Asian people travel to other places in Asia, like European do in Europe.

The Chinese obviously studied very hard before this development, I can't see anything bad about HSR development in China.

can't go anywhere except vietnam and russia. afghanistan too dangerous to build, north/south korea won't agree to it, japan has a sea between us. keep it for internal purposes is better, japanese and koreans might steal our technology anyhow.

can't go anywhere except vietnam and russia. afghanistan too dangerous to build, north/south korea won't agree to it, japan has a sea between us. keep it for internal purposes is better, japanese and koreans might steal our technology anyhow.

Never say never. South Korea and China wants to build a tunnel between South Korea and Shandong peninsula IIRC. If they want a tunnel, why not HSR as well?

It probably won't happen until 10-20 years though.

I strongly feel thay US should also follow this. Relying only on planes and cars is not viable for long term. Millons of cars running on so many freeways seems to be unnecessary waste of gas to me. In my openion, US should go for HSR between all major cities and cars are ok for the travelling within cities.

I strongly feel thay US should also follow this. Relying only on planes and cars is not viable for long term. Millons of cars running on so many freeways seems to be unnecessary waste of gas to me. In my openion, US should go for HSR between all major cities and cars are ok for the travelling within cities.

i actually think the US should switch to private planes with cushioned leather seats made from extinct tiger skins and padded with polar bear fur. what do americans care about efficiency, luxury is the name of the game there.

I dream of a fast train link from the southern tip of Asia mainland, i.e. Singapore, through Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Yunan to Beijing..... then onward to Moscow, then join up with Eurorail to Paris, finally with the TGV to Britain.

A dream that may be realised some day, hope soon. Am I YY?

I dream of a fast train link from the southern tip of Asia mainland, i.e. Singapore, through Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Yunan to Beijing..... then onward to Moscow, then join up with Eurorail to Paris, finally with the TGV to Britain.

A dream that may be realised some day, hope soon. Am I YY?

by the time this happen usa will be kicked out of the game :hang2:

Zefiro 380 - CRH380C at The international trade fair for transport technology, Berlin, Germany, the CHinese MOR had orderd 80 CRH380C trains in 2009 and according to most recently news, the first set eill be ready by 2011.
132B7381-E5FF-082C-DDEF-CB7F6E84196E.jpg

RailGallery_210910_545.jpg

RailGallery_210910_566.jpg

6783b17765397d014285a5c9119463d0_d.jpg

c0cb145e37c9061705ab42d2f5fa710d_d.jpg

dad5a8cda1bf72d9a3d243cc9b609754_d.jpg

9802fb03ecfb4de8f79ee33ee80e18b6_d.jpg

225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom