What's new

China’s First AIP Submarine Unit Breaks Records

If our Submarines would have been same or even similar to Type 39 or what ever China currently have than we would have gotten first submarine by now. But I am pretty sure it's totally new design
In 2015 Pakistan and China finalized a deal for Islamabad to purchase eight modified Type 41 Yuan-class diesel-electric attack submarines from China. In 2015 Pakistan and China finalized a deal for Islamabad to purchase eight modified Type 41 Yuan-class diesel-electric attack submarines from China.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/ss-new.htm

There is very little open source data available on the Type 039B boats. With a length of 77 meters (254 feet) and a beam of 8.4 meters, they allegedly displace around 2,700 tons surfaced and 3,600 tons when submerged and hold a crew of 38. Type 039B boats feature a modified hull and redesigned conning tower, as well as a flank sonar array. “The hulls of the Yuan class are clad with anechoic tiles, to minimize any return echoes when pinged by active sonars,” according to IHS Jane’s Defense Weekly.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/china-resumes-production-of-its-quietest-attack-submarine/

* note:The original Type 039A Yuan-class is also known as the Type 041.. So the Type 039B will be the "Hangor" for Pakistan.. a modified Type 41..With AIP and other options not available in Type 039A.. already the most silent Chinese conventional submarine..

Last edited:
Pakistan should go for Turkish AIP, it will be tested on ships. This will be ultimate AIP technology. IT works on Sco2 power cycle. Everybody is investing billions in, but the Turkish firm have designed something for submarine. In no time ther will be new AIP system for submarine.

Tests going on.
DcrtzczX0AEa1rE.jpg

design of the AIP, smaller and lighter.
DE65NUpXoAAkfux.jpg:large

In 2015 Pakistan and China finalized a deal for Islamabad to purchase eight modified Type 41 Yuan-class diesel-electric attack submarines from China. In 2015 Pakistan and China finalized a deal for Islamabad to purchase eight modified Type 41 Yuan-class diesel-electric attack submarines from China.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/ss-new.htm

There is very little open source data available on the Type 039B boats. With a length of 77 meters (254 feet) and a beam of 8.4 meters, they allegedly displace around 2,700 tons surfaced and 3,600 tons when submerged and hold a crew of 38. Type 039B boats feature a modified hull and redesigned conning tower, as well as a flank sonar array. “The hulls of the Yuan class are clad with anechoic tiles, to minimize any return echoes when pinged by active sonars,” according to IHS Jane’s Defense Weekly.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/china-resumes-production-of-its-quietest-attack-submarine/

* note:The original Type 039A Yuan-class is also known as the Type 041.. So the Type 039B will be the "Hangor" for Pakistan.. a modified Type 41..With AIP and other options not available in Type 039A.. already the most silent Chinese conventional submarine..
My point is if it would have been slight modification than sorry but we would have gotten at least one Submarine by now. And at least 3 by 2021. Our deliveries are going to start in 2022 no way our submarine are upgraded version of Type 39

My point is if it would have been slight modification than sorry but we would have gotten at least one Submarine by now. And at least 3 by 2021. Our deliveries are going to start in 2022 no way our submarine are upgraded version of Type 39

Tukkai nahi maro

It is Type 039

Tukkai nahi maro

It is Type 039
China already produces Type 54 A that is the ships we have ordered we would get them all by 2021. How on earth China already produces Type 39 but we would get our own in 2022 that too first one only. The kind of production level China has no way we can't have first 3 by 2021 if these are Type 39. We never declared any Type neither did Chinese

China already produces Type 54 A that is the ships we have ordered we would get them all by 2021. How on earth China already produces Type 39 but we would get our own in 2022 that too first one only. The kind of production level China has no way we can't have first 3 by 2021 if these are Type 39. We never declared any Type neither did Chinese
ITS A TYPE 39B (S-26) ,MODIFIED ACCORDING TO PAKISTANI NEEDS @Zarvan DON'T SPREAD FALSE RUMORS @Zarvan :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

ITS A TYPE 39B (S-26) ,MODIFIED ACCORDING TO PAKISTANI NEEDS @Zarvan DON'T SPREAD FALSE RUMORS @Zarvan :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
You are spreading false rumors janab not me. We never declared the Type so who told you it's Type 39 B stop claiming the thing which neither China nor Pakistan claimed or told. No type was told. This is Type 39 B is guess of every one.

You are spreading false rumors janab not me. We never declared the Type so who told you it's Type 39 B stop claiming the thing which neither China nor Pakistan claimed or told. No type was told. This is Type 39 B is guess of every one.
Most probably, if there is new submarine it take years to develop and maturing the platfrom, so most probable options is Type-39B (S-26) upgraded version acording to PN neeeds @Zarvan , and why assuming that its a totally new design any reasons behind this stupid logic of yours @Zarvan :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Most probably, if there is new submarine it take years to develop and maturing the platfrom, so most probable options is Type-39B (S-26) upgraded version acording to PN neeeds @Zarvan , and why assuming that its a totally new design any reasons behind this stupid logic of yours @Zarvan :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
China already uses Type 39 If it would have been a better version of Type 39 we would have gotten first Submarine by now. China has massive rate of production. We this year ordered 4 Type 54 Frigates and we would get all of them by 2021. Because China is already using those ships. So I seriously doubt the Subs we would get are Type 39 B

China already uses Type 39 If it would have been a better version of Type 39 we would have gotten first Submarine by now. China has massive rate of production. We this year ordered 4 Type 54 Frigates and we would get all of them by 2021. Because China is already using those ships. So I seriously doubt the Subs we would get are Type 39 B
@Zarvan so you assuming that in b/w the order & delivery the Chinese are developing new submarine for pakistan, am i right @Zarvan :undecided: if expect totally new it take at least 10 -15 years to develop/ mature the system @Zarvan :crazy::crazy: if there are modified design the newest SSK with AIP of China is yuan class or type -39 B that are all guessing @Zarvan :angel:

@Zarvan so you assuming that in b/w the order & delivery the Chinese are developing new submarine for pakistan, am i right @Zarvan :undecided: if expect totally new it take at least 10 -15 years to develop/ mature the system @Zarvan :crazy::crazy: if there are modified design the newest SSK with AIP of China is yuan class or type -39 B that are all guessing @Zarvan :angel:
I agree with @Zarvan

so you think its a totally new design @LKG86 but all your chinese senior memebers here on PDF suggesting that is the version of Type-39B @LKG86 :angel:
I think there will be many special designs requested by PN.

I think there will be many special designs requested by PN.
So you're just assuming bro @LKG86 lets wait and see @LKG86 whether its a new design or upgraded version of Type 39 B (upgraded S-26) @LKG86 :angel:

I think may be Zarvan is right and we may have mixture of Agosta and Yaun experience combine

Back
Top Bottom