What's new

China's Blue Sky Rescue Team completes Nepal mission

Shotgunner51

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
0023ae5d91b116b2d39b03.jpg

KATHMANDU, May 10 (Xinhua) -- China's Blue Sky Rescue Team on Sunday wound up its mission in earthquake-stricken Nepal, leaving Nepalese capital of Kathmandu and heading back home.

As a non-governmental rescue organization, the Blue Sky Rescue Team arrived at Kathmandu on April 27, two days after the 7.9- magnitude quake struck Nepal and caused massive casualties and devastation. The 83 volunteers of the team, who paid for their own air tickets, brought with them rescue equipment and supplies.

The team's primary tasks were search and rescue, information screening, medical assistance, water supply as well as epidemic prevention, team leader Zhang Yong told Xinhua prior to their departure to China.

During its 12-day stay in Nepal, the team found 24 bodies, provided assistance to 2,320 people, and conducted epidemic prevention disinfection for over 20,000 people, Zhang said, adding that they also provided water purification equipment as well as rescue training to the Nepalese side.

U45P5029DT20150429093234.jpg

During the period, numerous Chinese organizations, companies in Nepal and overseas Chinese provided logistic support to the team for free. For example, Gezhouba Group's Nepal division provided vehicles; restaurants of overseas Chinese offered food and accommodation; overseas Chinese volunteers served as the team's interpreters and guides.

Shaligram Sharma, deputy superintendent of Nepalese police was among those who attended the farewell party for the team. Sharma told Xinhua that after the strong quake struck, a lot of foreign rescue teams came to Nepal to provide assistance for free, which is beyond his expectation.

Sharma thanked all the Chinese rescue teams that came to Nepal for the selfless contribution they made to the Nepalese people.

Aside from rescue teams sent by the Chinese government, at least five Chinese civil rescue teams came to Nepal to offer a helping hand, Xinhua has learned.

eca86bd9ddb416b93bce01.jpg

China's Blue Sky Rescue Team conducts rescue work in the township of Sankhu, near the Nepali capital of Kathmandu, April 30, 2015. [Photo/Xinhua]

Blue Sky Rescue Team is a Shanghai civilian rescue NGO, has participated in Sichuan earthquake, Pakistan earthquake, Nepal earthquake, etc. Being an NGO, it received helping hands and funds from some other Shanghai NGO, of which the key donator is SSCC (Shanghai Super Car Club)

2.jpg
1.jpg

Shanghai Super Car Club (SSCC; 上海超跑俱乐部) is a non-profit social welfare NGO, established in 2008. By now this club has over 300 members, one of the more hi-profile ones in Shanghai. SSCC membership is very simple, just need at least one super car, and willing to help the underprivileged like the disabled, or single parent families. Other than donations, members should also contribute time on charity work, that includes Blue Sky Rescue Team.

Other super car clubs in Shanghai are focused on professional racing, off-roader or specific car brand/model.

Among all clubs in China, SSCC is among the top 10 by a website "China Whisper"
Top 10 China super sports car clubs

SSCC 1st June 2015 event:

20150602083335241-jpg.226831
20150602083338594-jpg.226832
20150602083339141-jpg.226833
20150602083341716-jpg.226834
20150602083340997-jpg.226835

Last edited:

I live for cars. Good car, miles of tarmac, music at blast is living ....
I got this baby last year ...

China - Thank you. Those alloys I bought from ebay for £900 when BMW charge over £2500 and these are as good. They are "Made in China".

LOL ... :cheers:

Back to the topic, I suppose people might be interested in why there are so many non-government rescue teams that went to Nepal and helped counter the catastrophe.

In contrast to outside impression on China - cold Communist country, money thirsty people - in reality there are more and more NGO playing critical social welfare roles in China, and now you see them going abroad. In the case of Blue Sky Rescue Team, these civilians have been on voluntary missions to Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan and recently Nepal. Who are they? Just ordinary Shanghainese, those maybe with a bit more disposable time and funds than the average ones, those who care about humanity.

Like many here in Shanghai, I can't go to Nepal cos I can't leave my responsibilities here, so I could only donate and glad that at least some other Shanghainese went on the mission!

Last edited:

PaFCyw0.jpg

China - Thank you. Those alloys I bought from ebay for £900 when BMW charge over £2500 and these are as good. They are "Made in China".

Wow, Sir, she's a beauty...!!! Bavarian Beauty... !!!! ;)

LOL ... :cheers:

Back to the topic, I suppose people might be interested in why there are so many non-government rescue teams that went to Nepal and helped counter the catastrophe.

In contrast to outside impression on China - cold Communist country, money thirsty people - in reality there are more and more NGO playing critical social welfare roles in China, and now you see them going abroad. In the case of Blue Sky Rescue Team, these civilians have been on voluntary missions to Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan and recently Nepal. Who are they? Just ordinary Shanghainese, those maybe with a bit more disposable time and funds than the average ones, those who care about humanity.

Like many here in Shanghai, I can't go to Nepal cos I can't leave my responsibilities here, so I could only donate and glad that at least some other Shanghainese went on the mission!

May you and your tribe increase, buddy!!! Thanks for helping out our Nepali brothers and sisters through donations ! :)

PaFCyw0.jpg

2008 335i on replica M5 343 rims ?

2008 335i on replica M5 343 rims ?

2011 330i on replica M5 343 rims on Falken Rubber ....
The only problem is the alloys are concave and particular attention has to be paid when parking. I have already made contact ( slightly) and it felt like I cut my own leg off. There is small scratch. The cream leather contrast with black exterior is great. In summer ( like now ) it's joy because inside sort of goes bright ...

2011 330i on replica M5 343 rims on Falken Rubber ....
The only problem is because the alloys are concave and particular attention has to be paid when parking. I have already made contact ( slightly) and it felt like I cut my own leg off. There is small scratch. The cream leather contrast with black exterior is great. In summer ( like now ) it's joy because inside sort of goes bright ...

Those are 20" rims correct? did you roll your fenders to accommodate them? the highest I would personally go are 19", but that's only because I want to keep it factory fit, and not have to do extra work on the car, like rolling fenders and whatnot! Oh and yea, I feel you man, when I run over a pot holes or hear it scraping the sidewalk it would feel like pieces of me are being torn up and it pains me on inside lol :sick:. But these days I am extremely cautious...

Beautiful choice, @Atanz . Truly you have European tastes, lol ! What kind of auto brands are popular over there in the UK?

Thanks. I think it would be fair to say Germans come out as clear winners. In no particular order BMW, Audi, Mercedez and VW are way ahead. Then comes Lexus with Honda tailing. Then you get your French Citroen, Pugs, Spanish Seat, Czeck Skoda. Of course it's all subjective and down to taste. Many people swear by Lexus for example.

Toyota are boring but taxi people love them. Korean brands like Hyundai and Kia are making big strides in particular in the discount market. I think Hyundai is really going places ..

Obviously I missed out the exotics which are same everywhere Lambo, Ferr;, Maseratti, Porsche etc ...
I would avoid Alfa Romeo and in particular Fiat. The former are classy though although afflicted with realiability issues.

Those are 20" rims correct? did you roll your fenders to accommodate them? the highest I would personally go are 19", but that's only because I want to keep it factory fit, and not have to do extra work on the car, like rolling fenders and whatnot! Oh and yea, I feel you man, when I run over a pot holes or hear it scraping the sidewalk it would feel like pieces of me are being torn up and it pains me on inside lol :sick:. But these days I am extremely cautious...

Here in UK we have these speed bumps and I hate going over them. If you hit them in particular at speed at wrong angle of attack your going to end up with warped rims. So yeh I guess it's same everywhere but let's face it on a nice day the car looks fab .....

Do you have 335i ?

2011 335i white on red sitting on 18s, but i'm thinking about switching them out for some 19" soon.

Good for you my friend. I did think of going polar white but then opted for black. 18s look too small on these cars. You would be wise in moving to at least 19s.

Btw I used the change of alloys to get rid of the run flats which gave hard ride. Now the ride is more accomodating and if I have to go far I just throw a spare in the boot ...

Ps. I think we need to say sorry to OP for veering of course with the thread ....

Back
Top Bottom