What's new

China worried over possible US sale of drones to India!

China is concerned over the possible sale of US surveillance drones to India, which will help New Delhi keep a closer watch over the strategically important Indian Ocean, a top Chinese disarmament strategist has said.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Monday hold his first meeting with US President Donald Trump and China will be keeping a close watch over the proceedings in Washington.

The two leaders are also likely to discuss the sale of US fighter jets to India but that is not much of a worry for China, said Han Hua, who is the director of centre for arms control and disarmament at the school of international studies at Beijing’s Peking University.

“Some people in China are a little concerned. Still, it is not the most advanced technology being shared for example when you look at the F-16s,” Han told HT. “There is also the transfer of surveillance drones in the Indian Ocean. It will increase India’s capability to have a view over the entire Indian Ocean. That is more symbolic than the F-16 joint production.”

A Reuters report earlier said an agreement on the “purchase of 22 unarmed drones is seen in New Delhi as a key test of defence ties”.

Several media reports have said the US has already approved the sale of 22 predator Guardian drones India had sought for its navy.

Han said strategic analysts were closely following the US-India relationship since the two countries signed the civil nuclear deal.

“Especially after the nuclear deal, the relationship between Washington and New Delhi has emerged as a concern among Chinese strategists,” she said.

Han said the 2005 nuclear agreement was not just a deal. It was a symbol of the nature of the strategic partnership between the US and India. “In that sense, China is concerned,” she said.

The relationship had an impact on the China-US relations as well.

“After the Bush administration opened the door to India, people in Washington have been talking about India’s role in checking China’s rise,” she said.

China’s concern are perhaps also reflected in its continuous opposition to India’s attempt to join the 48-member nuclear suppliers group (NSG) that controls global trade in nuclear technology.

On the issue of India’s entry into the NSG, with China being one of the countries to have blocked it, Han said there had been no specific policy change by Washington.

“We haven’t witnessed any specific policy change on NSG after the Trump administration (took over) in terms of India’s membership. Some people have said the administration supports the membership but a strong statement hasn’t been made yet in that issue”.

She said India’s inclusion in NSG will of course be part of Modi-Trump talks but might not be on top of the agenda.

India’s foreign policy was likely to remain independent despite the increasing diplomatic closeness to the US, Han said.

She said foreign policy independence was very well-entrenched in India no matter which party was in power.

“Modi, people tend to think is more nationalistic, takes a very realistic view on the world rather than the middle-line policies taken by the Congress. In my sense, India is still a country with its own pride and glory so I don’t think India will go very far from far beyond the general non-alignment policy,” she said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...es-to-india/story-gB47NzXG5fRiHRewFGIJyI.html

Grown up Indian journalists. Drone didn't increase India capabilities but it will reduce P8 work load. Do some research before posting any articles. China is more advance in this field and why China upset from India when She is giving tough time to US. Really this is nothing to do with any thing but spread hatred.

You've posted the same picture in three of the Indo-US threads. What y'all really don't understand is India isn't like KSA where we throw money for alliances. We have strict auditing like the CAG which don't give a damn about whoever is in power and will make sure whatever the govt spends is feasible and viable and we aren't paying a bomb for the our acquisitions.
The Chinese in this forum are on extreme. They have just hate for India zero logical conversation. I had few good conversation in past but then they soon graduated and started talking more like Pakistanis.

Remember it's unarmed. Like buying a rifle with no bullets. :lol:. 2 billion is enough to feed so many Indians. Now they use it to pay tribute to the Americans.

I call it a bang in the head! LOL
Don't worry you are not really paying for it. Additionally these deals always include some other components. I would like to learn on the breakup.

China worried over possible US sale of drones to India!

China wasn't worried when India bought missiles from Israel. China wasn't worried when India bought fighter jets from France. China wasn't worried when India rented nuclear submarine from Russia. China wasn't worried when India bought an aircraft carrier from Russia. So, China isn't going to worry about some drones India wants to buy from the Americans.

However, the Chinese is a bit worry over India's constant obsessions with China.

Cheer leader spotted,oh sorry elite cheerleader spotted.

Anytime, indians get butt hurt, its time to cheer. Back to business, why supa powa india is so insecure that it take solace from Chinese (customary) concern of indian plan of transgression? At any case, China has multiple remedies to cure indian pleasure, including silent hunter. Enjoy getting hunted.

20170301_silent.jpg

The Chinese in this forum are on extreme. They have just hate for India zero logical conversation. I had few good conversation in past but then they soon graduated and started talking more like Pakistanis.

Most of them are Pakistanis posing as Chinese and Bangladeshis.

are you kidding me dude ? $2 billion for some unarmed UAVs ? you could ask for UAVs to Turks with european tech in cheaper deal.
no doubt Trump is the sucessful businessman.

Ok. Tell me an drone which can carry 1700kg of Electronics and surveillance equipments at 50000 feet for 27 hours from Turkey or EU and I will accept its a bad deal.

Then IN should have gone for Triton,much more capable in terms of avionics,much more endurance and we don't require huge inventory too.

Triton standalone price is 182M bucks. Navy could buy 2 Rafales, 4 Mig 29, 6 N Tejas for that. But none could have such level of endurance though for spying and surveillance.

Am I missing something?$2billion for some unarmed uavs!
Was there some other weapons sold?

yes,acturally,I was one of those people who worried and concernd.
military drones made in china cant fly,its just a model.
Iam so scared, I can't fall asleep everyday.
OMG,China in danger,my life in danger,why didnt china to buy some drones from US or Russia?
I pray in chinese every day:恒河水啊~,浪呀嘛浪打浪啊~,恒河水浇灌的人民~,高智商啊~

Then IN should have gone for Triton,much more capable in terms of avionics,much more endurance and we don't require huge inventory too.

Triton has a prohibitive upfront price & life cycle costs with almost similar capabilities as Guardian!!! India is not still there economy wise, where it can have/acquire weapon systems it wishes for.

Other than that, It is still unknown If US is agrees to sell Triton to India. If It does then under what conditions and what would be the acquisition time frame!!!

China wasn't worried when India bought missiles from Israel. China wasn't worried when India bought fighter jets from France. China wasn't worried when India rented nuclear submarine from Russia. China wasn't worried when India bought an aircraft carrier from Russia. So, China isn't going to worry about some drones India wants to buy from the Americans.

However, the Chinese is a bit worry over India's constant obsessions with China.
Indians are still feeling the pain from a whoop *** in 1962

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom