What's new

China wishes to shift industries to Pakistan: Iqbal

I agree with majority of your post. But the matter of the fact is, whether right, wrong, good or ugly, 20-25 million Indians from the US sending billions every months back home is a HUGE amount, without any trade hassle or pain. Then, trillions being poured into India by the investors adds to it. At the end of the day, however any Indian company/ies cook up their numbers, you still have the largest FDI going into India. They also include their labor wages, and the money being sent by Indians in the West back to India, as "FDI" when its not. But does it change the fact that most inflows worth billions go to India? No, the fact remains the same.

These billions being sent by their expat population are being used for good purposes and its labor earned money. Which is in addition to trade that India does. So IMO, India has a huge leg up over China, and the West supports her. While China doesn't have labor market in terms of hi-tech, etc. Their language issue is still so significant that its keeping them behind in terms of labor. The best option for the Chinese to break India's labor monopoly in Hi-Tech and bio sectors is to bring up Pakistan's labor through investments. English is just as much of a second language in Pakistan as it is in India. Plus, Pakistan has over 120 million young adults who can work for the next 25-30 years. In the years to come, you'll see Pakistani labor starting to compete with the Indian labor, although at a smaller level due to India being 5 times more populous country.

You have no idea how much black money leaves from India via laundering..around $400 Billion is in Dubai banks...Modi went to UAE for discussing this matter instead got a drama set up in haste with lollypop of $75 B Investments and got sent back in two days...these Arabs are very cunning..

You have no idea how much black money leaves from India via laundering..around $400 Billion is in Dubai banks...Modi went to UAE for discussing this matter instead got a drama set up in haste with lollypop of $75 B Investments and got sent back in two days...these Arabs are very cunning..

You've diverted the entire topic.....what difference does it make if a few hundred million leave India? They are the 4th largest economy. Some billions out of a multi trillion economy is like peanuts. Every country has this issue. The topic was how India will surpass China and how China needs to stand up Pakistan's industry and labor base to compete with India.

You've diverted the entire topic.....what difference does it make if a few hundred million leave India? They are the 4th largest economy. Some billions out of a multi trillion economy is like peanuts. Every country has this issue. The topic was how India will surpass China and how China needs to stand up Pakistan's industry and labor base to compete with India.

China has literacy rate at 96%. They could easily meet english deficiency in five years.

Secondly they top in world population, so no shortage of man power.

Why would they need someone to achieve something in thirty years that they can in few years and on their own.

Then its matter of time when does India join CPEC. See the different picture.

I don't believe china would shift any industry in Pakistan..
They have no reason to. Nor any advantage to china for shifting even 1% of industry here....

They have no reason to. Nor any advantage to china for shifting even 1% of industry here....

Companies will find it economical to process raw material here instead of taking it all the way up and bring finished goods down. So its logical to set up processing units here.

Companies will find it economical to process raw material here instead of taking it all the way up and bring finished goods down. So its logical to set up processing units here.
Maybe I'm wrong but I believe as a businessman its better to bear the transport cost rather than shifting the whole industry. And believe me its really hard to install and run and industrial unit to its maximum efficiency...

Industry is always profitable close to its raw materials...Chinese import mass bulk of cotton from Pakistan..this could be utilized in Pakistan itself..Chinese today are not the same mass producers of cheap goods..Global Chinese companies have investments and manufacturing all over the world..Chinese nuclear and railway corps are investing in UK and Americas...some Pakistanis are still living under the cold war stone and dare not to raise their heads..

Industry is always profitable close to its raw materials...Chinese import mass bulk of cotton from Pakistan..this could be utilized in Pakistan itself..Chinese today are not the same mass producers of cheap goods..Global Chinese companies have investments and manufacturing all over the world..Chinese nuclear and railway corps are investing in UK and Americas...some Pakistanis are still living under the cold war stone and dare not to raise their heads..
My raw material is not the only thing u need to run an industry. Don't want to use any harsh words but believe it or not Pakistan is not an industrial friendly country.. And the biggest hurdly is government bureaucracy itself including Ahsan iqbal.

It will be good for Pakistan , initially a steep learning curve , but later your industry will be in par with the world in Innovation, quality and cost.... good move

Chinese Needs to build following in Gwadar, this should be under the CPEC so our Politicians don't steal the development funds from these projects.

Here are my suggestions:

Gwadar Steel Mill
China to help build Gwadar city like Kangbashi.
help build Gwadar Industrial Zone
Build Chinese Auto manufacturing Plant (China can export Chinese cars to middle east and Africa)
Gwadar Solid Waste management system
Gwadar Water treatment system
Gwadar Water reservoirs (harvesting rain water)
Gwadar Solar Power Plant.
Gwadar Fresh Seafood Industry- Export Canned Seafood.
Gwadar Meat processing plant to export meat to other countries.

Gwadar Desalination Plant Commerical and various smaller options

Gwadar Renewable Energy plant.

Turning Gwadar green
150901135840-oman-salalah-hills-super-169.jpg

arizonaDesert.jpg

Last edited:
If one wants to gauge where industrial units will be setup, analyse the locations of power plants. Majority of the initial $53b is being spend on infrastructure and power.

Power is the utmost first requirement for industrialization. This project is going in the right direction and thankfully the politicians are not the real implementation managers otherwise they'd screw it up like nandipur etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom