What's new

China willing to set up $5 billion oil refinery at Karachi

oh is willing word se ab mujhe sakht allergy hai... I have posted like 300 similar threads in last 5 years but foreign nations are always showing interest, then willing and then signing MoU's before backing off at the last minute. I will believe only when the refinery's construction work is completed

PS: I hope that is true and it really happens

And further, if and when the refinery is completed, don't forget it needs to be kept in proper operation too.

oh is willing word se ab mujhe sakht allergy hai... I have posted like 300 similar threads in last 5 years but foreign nations are always showing interest, then willing and then signing MoU's before backing off at the last minute. I will believe only when the refinery's construction work is completed

PS: I hope that is true and it really happens

Issue is western make lot of promises but deliver little.

As for China, they are interested and want to invest in lot of stuff, but unfortunately our red tapism doesn't let them. They asked to invest in the power infrastructure and let it be run for 5-6 years and they will make sure that we get the cheapest electricity and then handover back it to us, but since lot of people are gonna not be making money in this whole affair, thus our decison makers did not paid any heed to their help. Similarly coal power generation project, they are willingly, but ours are dragging their feet. Chinese investment in Pakistan will in result not only help us but it helps the Chinese too.

Is it for domestic consumption or they are gonna transport the products back to china ?

Its just a dangling carrot for pakistanis....after few mnth they will again withdraw giving excuse of safety concerns..... like they did in past......... and if they don't???? time for RAW/Mossad/CIA to step in;)

I think they should look towards Sarkareek!!! Karachi isn't good for them.

Although it will be much better for the Sindh Government to welcome companies from Middle East as they are much better and can invest on long terms as well.... They are our Brothers!!!

so far, I cant find this news on any Chinese news websites.

some ppl here are funny, China had to pull out the investments since it is not unusual for Chinese people/projets to be targeted by terrorists/extremists/nationalists in Pakistan.

Why is it that loud mouthed Pakistani politicians and officials declaring China willing to set up this and that and never China itself? Entire nation gets disappointed when China pulls out because of security concerns.

so far, I cant find this news on any Chinese news websites.

some ppl here are funny, China had to pull out the investments since it is not unusual for Chinese people/projets to be targeted by terrorists/extremists/nationalists in Pakistan.

You will find it the section next to where China was developing the Thar Coal Project and Russia was building the IP pipeline.

Both of which are cancelled or postponed :cry:

One must keep in mind that most statements like this that promise great progress are usually meant for domestic consumption and have no real chances of success. The attendant side effect of loss of international credibility is unfortunate.

Why is it that loud mouthed Pakistani politicians and officials declaring China willing to set up this and that and never China itself? Entire nation gets disappointed when China pulls out because of security concerns.
news is usually reported on both pakistani and chinese newspapers while some remain busy trolling and ranting around the forums so they do not get time for searching on internet and finding Chinese sources for similar news.

Problem is... we do have investors but the government does not have good policies to attract business communty and the government does not provide them a good platform for right investment. All they are interested is how much money they can make out of a particular project and always prefer their personal interests over the national interest

Back
Top Bottom