What's new

China wants SAARC plus One arrangement (SAARC+1)

SAARC is useless? Damn...Zia-ur Rahman would be sad if he were alive today :lol:

Malaysia, Indonesia, Burma, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Iran should also join SAARC.

Wow mate.. abundance of information.

This post should be posted in the dedicated sticky thread on Maoism. Some members have already pledged their life on maintaining that thread. I m so excited to see you join them.

I too love Mao... i once bashed one cat for crying MEOW MEOW instead of MAO MAO..

Good post once again, bro.. keep it up.
Made my day man...... I can't take anymore....

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

SAARC is useless? Damn...Zia-ur Rahman would be sad if he were alive today
As was the NAM but it served its purpose at that time.

Sounds like a pretty good move. China's support would help the small countries from being overwhelmed under India's domineering foreign policy. Maybe India should quit in protest - would make SAARC one genuine India-bashing group.

Can also help prevent India from ganging up on any one country individually.

Sounds like a pretty good move. China's support would help the small countries from being overwhelmed under India's domineering foreign policy. Maybe India should quit in protest - would make SAARC one genuine India-bashing group.

Can also help prevent India from ganging up on any one country individually.

The US might even oppose the thing.

The US might even oppose the thing.

Washington is even forecasting going hard on China since trillion dollar debts are still unpaid due to bailouts...And there inviting the're allies, US will be treated like a scavenger apart from a certain nation whose already in the SAARC, so it means the're beyond any capable reasoning...
:peace:

Well, if you read back to when SAARC was founded, a main concern of India's was that this would lead to smaller countries that it likes to keep nicely under it's thumb, grouping and collectively dealing with India. It's a pity that, other than Pakistan and China, most of India's neighbors are very small countries like Sri Lanka and Bhutan, those land-locked countries to the north have to regularly put up with alot of non-sense from India.

Like Nepal, which has the misfortune of being India's neighbor and a small land-locked country, got strong-armed into buying Indian arms, and India leisurely sold them sub-standard INSAS combat rifles that the Nepalese had to wait to cool down during combat.

So yeah, China's coming in would prevent India from playing the dirty little games it likes to play with neighbors.. funding an insurgency here or there like the one Sri Lanka had to put up with for decades, strong-arming land-locked neighbors. India is insecure and petty after centuries of subjugation, this manifests itself in their character, by getting all haughty in front of much smaller adversaries. It's lucky that there are two nuclear-armed countries in the immediate neighborhood to keep that in check, and both joining SAARC would probably make the neighborhood safer from the one insecure bully we have here.

The Chinese are themselves acting bullies and claiming entire seas for themselves.

They have issue with every one of their neighbors.

India is insecure and petty after centuries of subjugation

Conversion doesn't change one's identity or history.

China if can become member then more better :)
but as a observer state it will be still a big deal to Bangladesh and SAARC

Back
Top Bottom