What's new

China tops the gold medal tally in the world mind games

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Updated December, 17 2011 10:25:00

HA NOI — Asian xiangqi (Chinese chess) champion Ngo Lan Huong received a silver medal in the women's category at the SportAccord World Mind Games 2011 which ended in China yesterday.

Huong earned seven points after drawing with Australia's Liu Bi Jun and beating the US's Take Aki, three points fewer than the host nation's Jin Hai Ying. Liu Bi Jun, who stands behind Huong, earned four points. In this case, the first and second positions were finalised prior to the final round.

In the men's category, Vietnamese master Nguyen Hoang Lam lost his last two games to miss out on a medal. Chinese player Jiang Chuan secured his place as a champion.

International grandmaster Le Quang Liem did not make it to the medal round in blindfolded chess. During the tournament, he defeated Chinese Wang Yue and Cuban Dominguez Perez, drew with Russian Sergey Alexandrovich Karjakin and lost to Ukranian Rusland Olegovich Ponomariov. The Vietnamese master finished in 14th place out of 16 with 6.5 points in rapid chess and in 10th position out of 16 with six points in blitz chess.

With Huong's silver, the Vietnamese delegation stood at the 13th position. The host nation lead the medal tally with eight gold, two silver and one bronze. The US took the second place with four gold, one silver and four bronze while Russia palmed three gold, two silver and one bronze medals. — VNS

exactly the same ranking order as the Olympic Games.1.China 2.US 3.Russia. world's mental and athletic competition bear the same result.

but actually China this time fared a lot worse than World Mind Sports Games (WMSG) last time.

last World Mind Sports Games (WMSG) result.
World Mind Sports Games
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first World Mind Sports Games (WMSG).

Medals

Teams from the host country China won one-quarter of the 105 medals including one-third of the gold.
LYHHUKY8OM2D1KUWAS5.jpg

Is this thing always hosted by China? Never heard of it before.

that's a new thing,yes,but wont be always hosted by China.it will become like the Olympic Game,once every 4 years.

i bet almost all the US team members were asians.
same might be true of every english speaking western country.

east asian dominance.

I really do NOT see any importance in such topic, especially in world affairs section. This is NOT a forum to list "what shining stuff you and we have got today" forum.

Otherwise, U.S. Australia, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Argentina members can simply list all their medals in swimming, track and field, basketball, soccer, tennis and etc, all Chinese members simply just keep quiet.

Even for Hou YiFan's win in Chess, the best male and female chess player is definitely not us, Chinese. The best male player is an indian (some europeans may disagree), the best female player is hungarian.

Even for our weiqi (Go)'s win, the best player in the world is also not us, Chinese. At least, no Chinese player will now say he is. I do not care what his fan says though.

As far as for brain powers, U.S. still dominates in almost every aspects in science and technology. Before we can catch up with it, such type of posts in world affairs forum is simply pointless.

We made great improvement and success in the past 30 years. However, it is not time to feel self-content.

chinese have much higher IQ than indians.
this is not me saying, but many western analysts saying this.
im just stating what they said.

I really do NOT see any importance in such topic, especially in world affairs section. This is NOT a forum to list "what shining stuff you and we have got today" forum.

Otherwise, U.S. Australia, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Argentina members can simply list all their medals in swimming, track and field, basketball, soccer, tennis and etc, all Chinese members simply just keep quiet.

Even for Hou YiFan's win in Chess, the best male and female chess player is definitely not us, Chinese. The best male player is an indian (some europeans may disagree), the best female player is hungarian.

Even for our weiqi (Go)'s win, the best player in the world is also not us, Chinese. At least, no Chinese player will now say he is. I do not care what his fan says though.

As far as for brain powers, U.S. still dominates in almost every aspects in science and technology. Before we can catch up with it, such type of posts in world affairs forum is simply pointless.

We made great improvement and success in the past 30 years. However, it is not time to feel self-content.

by your logic, US can't talk about anything because the Ethiopians and Jamaicans can say we got a gold medal in field and track!

This is NOT olympics or even world championship game. Does it ring any bell anywhere else???

BTW, isn't this section called world affairs???

If topics like this are freely posted there, there would be ton of trashes like this.

BTW, I do NOT see other country members have the tendency to post stuff like this.

In addition, those posts ensued related this to IQ issue again just makes the topic even nutty and off the line.

by your logic, US can't talk about anything because the Ethiopians and Jamaicans can say we got a gold medal in field and track!

U.S. Australia, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Argentina members can simply list all their medals in swimming, track and field, basketball, soccer, tennis and etc, all Chinese members simply just keep quiet.

that's nosense,I DIDNT list those single events cause China gets a single event world champion every single day,I only posted the overall result of a comprehensive world games.if you talk about the Olympic Games,China beat US big time.check the last gold medal tally of the Olympic Games.

goldtally.jpg

You compare this type of game to Olympics??? Do you have any sense of importance and focus Olympics receives v.s. this type of trivial event???

A high school level Olympics competitions (e.g. IMO, IPhO, IChO, IOI) is way more important than this type of trivial event. It is simply those types of "invite foreigners to china to entertain ourselves" games.

that's nosense,I DIDNT list those single events cause China gets a single event world champion every single day,I only posted the overall result of a comprehensive world games.if you talk about the Olympic Games,China beat US big time.check the last gold medal tally of the Olympic Games.

goldtally.jpg

You compare this type of game to Olympics??? Do you have any sense of importance and focus Olympics receives v.s. this type of trivial event???

QUOTE]

what's the difference,comparing them or not doesnt make any difference ,we beat US in both.

Back
Top Bottom