What's new

China to unveil its J-20 stealth fighter at air show next week !!

Cloud4000 does have a point; engine is the Achilles heel of their aviation industry. The same issue exists with their ground-based platforms, but that is another story.

May I know what ground based engine China is lacking? Dont talk nonsense when you know nothing.

VT-4 Main Battle Tank

With a 1300 hp diesel engine and an active protection system option, the VT-4 export tank overcomes historic Chinese armored vehicle weaknesses in propulsion and protection. While similar in price to the Russian T-90, the Royal Thai Army chose the VT-4 as its next tank, with more orders to follow if Bangkok is a happy customer.

Type96B uses a new type of hydraullic 1000HP engine for mass production. I seriously do not know what ground equipment engine Chinese is lacking. The VT-4 domestic design and produce engine can be upgrade to 1500HP on customer request but its not necessary as cost will increase too since power to weight ratio is same as western counterparts. Same as our DF MengShi armour vehicleall uses domestic engine and in some case out perform US hummer counterparts.

Even in ship, we have QC-285 series to power from destroyer to cruiser and RB-110 to power bigger ship like carrier if neccessary.

May I know what ground based engine China is lacking? Dont talk nonsense when you know nothing.

VT-4 Main Battle Tank

With a 1300 hp diesel engine and an active protection system option, the VT-4 export tank overcomes historic Chinese armored vehicle weaknesses in propulsion and protection. While similar in price to the Russian T-90, the Royal Thai Army chose the VT-4 as its next tank, with more orders to follow if Bangkok is a happy customer.

Type96B uses a new type of hydraullic 1000HP engine for mass production. I seriously do not know what ground equipment engine Chinese is lacking. The VT-4 domestic design and produce engine can be upgrade to 1500HP on customer request but its not necessary as cost will increase too since power to weight ratio is same as western counterparts. Same as our DF MengShi armour vehicleall uses domestic engine and in some case out perform US hummer counterparts.

Even in ship, we have QC-285 series to power from destroyer to cruiser and RB-110 to power bigger ship like carrier if neccessary.

Most Chinese armored vehicles utilize powerplants directly adapted from or developed on the basis of foreign-designed engines. Including the ZTZ-99 and ZBL series.

Most Chinese armored vehicles utilize powerplants directly adapted from or developed on the basis of foreign-designed engines. Including the ZTZ-99 and ZBL series.

So? Does that mean in wartime, western disruption can stop China produced those engines or China not able to export those products? You are talking abt China has ground engine issue(underpowered or inadequate) but that is not the case, PLA in fact is very confident and they advertised their new product like VT-4 and show case Type96-B with new local design hydraulic engine in Russia wargames.

As oppose of what u claimed "issue'. I already menton. VT-4 engine can be up rated neccessary on customer request. They have no issue export an engine design by Chinese themselves.

So? Does that mean in wartime, western disruption can stop China produced those engines or China not able to export those products?

No, but it does suggest that Chinese domestic designs are lacking, either in technical parity or confidence therein. One cannot be expected to take a lead in a particular niche if only licensed production is involved.

No, but it does suggest that Chinese domestic designs are lacking, either in technical parity or confidence therein. One cannot be expected to take a lead in a particular niche if only licensed production is involved.

You info on Chinese is very outdated. New VT-4 engine is a new Chinese design , not based on any other engine and can be uprated if neccessary. There is a reason why it can be exported without asking Ukraine or German. Got it? Same as new VT-5 with a domestic produced 800hp engine.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_161ff9d740102x9jc.html

You info on Chinese is very outdated. New VT-4 engine is a new Chinese design , not based on any other engine and can be uprated if neccessary. There is a reason why it can be exported without asking Ukraine or German. Got it?

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_161ff9d740102x9jc.html

I hope you realize that the VT-4 is merely one vehicle out of a vast variety of Chinese-produced land platforms, most of which traditionally used (or still use) foreign-derived powerplants. The example you brought up is a moot point since export-oriented vehicles are required to be fitted with domestically-acquired components, regardless of their capabilities or lack thereof.

I hope you realize that the VT-4 is merely one vehicle out of a vast variety of Chinese-produced land platforms, most of which traditionally used (or still use) foreign-derived powerplants. The example you brought up is a moot point since export-oriented vehicles are required to be fitted with domestically-acquired components, regardless of their capabilities or lack thereof.

I am not here to convinced you or stop your denial but tell everybody that facts, a new Chinese design hydraullic engine is available and is mass equipped on Type-96b series as opposed what you try to slay of no Chinese design engine and China PLA is lacking in ground propulsion area. THe design is new and has China own intellectual property.

http://www.010lm.com/roll/2016/0817/3114418.html

http://mil.huanqiu.com/china/2016-07/9237386.html

http://mil.huanqiu.com/observation/2014-11/5199305.html

Same as export VT-4. Stop spreading your lies. Are you trying to say, this new engine cannot replace those on Type99A2 and we still need German design one? MOst of those engine on many operation vehicles can be easily replace by domestic one cos in the past, we do not have those products. Now its available but why would we want to replace large number of those new foreign design engines. They still have many years of lifespan left. Once those lifespan is gone. Sure, the domestic design engine will replace those.

Last edited:
I am not here to convinced you or stop your denial but tell everybody that facts, a new Chinese design hydraullic engine is available and is mass equipped on Type-96b series as opposed what you try to slay of no Chinese design engine and China PLA is lacking in ground propulsion area. THe design is new and has China own intellectual property.

http://www.010lm.com/roll/2016/0817/3114418.html

http://mil.huanqiu.com/china/2016-07/9237386.html

http://mil.huanqiu.com/observation/2014-11/5199305.html

Same as export VT-4. Stop spreading your lies. Are you trying to say, this new engine cannot replace those on Type99A2 and we still need German design one? MOst of those engine on many operation vehicles can be easily replace by domestic one cos in the past, we do not have those products. Now its available but why would we want to replace large number of those new foreign design engines. They still have many years of lifespan left. Once those lifespan is gone. Sure, the domestic design engine will replace those.

If your engine is sufficiently powerful and reliable as to equip most of the Chinese' armored vehicles, why haven't their military procured such powerplants? Claiming that the Chinese "can" replace this and that is still a leap of faith away from actually implementing that ideal.

If your engine is sufficiently powerful and reliable as to equip most of the Chinese' armored vehicles, why haven't their military procured such powerplants? Claiming that the Chinese "can" replace this and that is still a leap of faith away from actually implementing that ideal.

What nonsense are you talking abt, did you bother to read the link I post or you just a wannaboy , dont know Chinese therefore cant get the latest new about Chinese military development and use your pure fanboy anlogy to make judgement?

Type 96-B is not used by PLA then for what? It is the latest series of MBT enter service for PLA, even newer than Typ99A2. Same as new Chinese light mountain tank going to induct into PLA uses a Chinese design 800HP. I say, why would they want to replace german design 1500HP on Type99A2 when they are still fresh and many years lifespan left. Unless you are willing fork out money for that. I am sure PLA will do it :enjoy:

I am sure, if a new Type99 A3 MBT unveil. It will uses the new Chinese design hydraulic engine. You lacking Chinese language makes you not in a position to comment on Chinese military matter. If best, you keep quiet and let forumer like cirr and Chinesedragon others who has better grip of Chinese language to comment of Chinese military as most latest news are post in Chinese. :enjoy:
http://baike.baidu.com/view/1492945.htm

Dongfeng Mengshi

Another Chinese domestic produced PLA use armour vehicle with domestic design engine.

dong feng menshi.jpg

Last edited:
What nonsense are you talking abt, did you bother to read the link I post or you just a wannaboy , dont know Chinese therefore cant get the latest new about Chinese military development and use your pure fanboy anlogy to make judgement?

Type 96-B is not used by PLA then for what? It is the latest series of MBT enter service for PLA, even newer than Typ99A2. Same as new Chinese light mountain tank going to induct into PLA uses a Chinese design 800HP. I say, why would they want to replace german design 1500HP on Type99A2 when they are still fresh and many years lifespan left. Unless you are willing fork out money for that. I am sure PLA will do it :enjoy:

I am sure, if a new Type99 A3 MBT unveil. It will uses the new Chinese design hydraulic engine. You lacking Chinese language makes you not in a position to comment on Chinese military matter. If best, you keep quiet and let forumer like cirr and Chinesedragon others who has better grip of Chinese language to comment of Chinese military as most latest news are post in Chinese. :enjoy:

The theory that they are merely "using up old stock" would hold water if there were indeed more advanced engines being trialled for the same vehicles; frankly, no evidence suggests that such a thing is happening. You arguing the contrary on the basis of "I am sure..." and "it will..." eventualities does not add any bit of substance to your case.

1_640_473.jpg
The theory that they are merely "using up old stock" would hold water if there were indeed more advanced engines being trialled for the same vehicles; frankly, no evidence suggests that such a thing is happening. You arguing the contrary on the basis of "I am sure..." and "it will..." eventualities does not add any bit of substance to your case.

:lol: Yes, Chinese article dont count. Must post in english and validate by you then it can be consider truth! :rofl:

Type96B uses German engine , no China input and same as Dongfeng mengshi uses American design engine :enjoy: Happy? :rofl:

http://shuoke.autohome.com.cn/article/10214.html

V-day 2015 Mengshi debut!

Stop diverting the question. You claim Chinese has a ground engine problem which is proven wrong.

PLAAF 90% aeroengine is domestic produced.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/china-makes-90-engines-its-major-warplanes-air-force-insider-chan
not neccesarry to persuade the sour losers and west lickers, they will never willing to accept the truth.
It is also good thing for china, we developed so fast , part of reason is these sour losers who will never willing to open their eyes

Not all Chinese-produced subsystems are compatible with the JF-17, and hence it would be inappropriate to extrapolate the capabilities of their EW systems using that of similar systems aboard the JF-17. In fact, I highly doubt there is much commonality between export-oriented electronics (e.g. those used on the JF-17) and those aboard in-service combat jets (which are typically selected via inter-corporate competition).

Hi,

Here is the thing---if china had a Tier 1 EW suite package---the JF17 would be in the same line as the J20 and the J11's and J10's and the J15's.

Back
Top Bottom