What's new

China to spend $315 bn on power grid to push clean energy

Green technology, green China. Good.

I notice that AndrewJin , Jlaw were all banned. What happened?

Why so many members were banned recently?

Banned for trolling/off topic posts, Many Chinese and Vietnamese members have been banned, forums taking a strict crackdown.

Banned for trolling/off topic posts, Many Chinese and Vietnamese members have been banned, forums taking a strict crackdown.

Hi

There is constant disruptions made by Indian members on this section of the forum. But they get away with no ban. Ban the people that instigate the trolling/flame baiting/nuisance. Not the Chinese members that defend their country from these trolls/flame baiters.

Chinese members do a great job in keeping this section of the forum the most decent and respectable but those Indians come here and destroy this section too. Why should we get banned when its our section and when we defend ourselves against those trolls, we get the bans. That's ridiculous.

The Indians on this forum are practically all trolls and flame baiters. You won't find an Indian member that is not trolling or flame baiting. That's all they do on PDF.

It's your job to punish people that come here and ruin this section. Not punish the long time members that keep this section alive and running for merely defending themselves and their country like AndrewJin, Jlaw, xunzi. You ban the people that keeps interest in this section and let off the Indians that troll and flame bait 24/7 on this section.

I recommend someone like @TaiShang to be a moderator. If he doesn't want to be, then I would like to be a moderator for this section.

@Horus @WebMaster

Last edited:
Green technology, green China. Good.

I notice that AndrewJin , Jlaw were all banned. What happened?

Why so many members were banned recently?

Bro, certain South Asians and Japanese do not want to hear the truth from me. I give them the truth and they cry to the admin begging to ban me.

:coffee:

China to spend $315 bn on power grid to push clean energy
September 1, 2015, 4:24 am

7-150312162U3348.jpg

China Southern Power Grid Corp, one of China’s two power grid operators, invested 106.7 billion yuan in upgrading infrastructure in rural areas of China in the past five years [Xinhua]

China’s plans to build a safe and environmentally friendly smart-grid system by 2020 as it promotes the spread of clean energy got a boost with the government gearing up to spend at least 2 trillion yuan ($315 billion) to improve its power grid infrastructure over the next five years.

Beijing will build long-distance transmission networks and active power distribution networks to fully use hydro power, wind and solar, the country’s top planning body announced earlier this year.

China’s biggest power distributer, China State Grid Corp., spent about 400 billion yuan ($64 billion) last year on its electricity networks.

China has pledged to get 20 per cent of its energy by 2030 from renewables and nuclear power, almost double the current share.

@cirr , @AndrewJin , @Jlaw

Increasing renewable energy is a good strategy to become less dependence on oil, coal, etc. It doesn't matter what the cost is, infrastructure and energy is required. 20 years ago, Canada's big city require infrastructure upgrade. Due to our stupid politicians talking and stalling, it never happened. What used to cost millions to upgrade became billions. Now the old sewage pipes, roads are rotting away. They are doing spot maintenance only.

Last edited:
Don't worry.
Indian have already dominated all high-rank jobs in Canada.
Modi will provide world-class infrastructure to overseas Hindu in Canada.

Why are you trolling man?

On Topic:
This is great news and very important indeed. Like @Shotgunner51 rightly pointed out, smart grids are very critical to save and deliver clean efficient energy. Hopefully, we can take a page from and try to mimic it or attract Chinese companies to do the same here. I've heard that IBM is also a big player in this field. We are severely lacking in this area.

Hi

There is constant disruptions made by Indian members on this section of the forum. But they get away with no ban. Ban the people that instigate the trolling/flame baiting/nuisance. Not the Chinese members that defend their country from these trolls/flame baiters.

Chinese members do a great job in keeping this section of the forum the most decent and respectable but those Indians come here and destroy this section too. Why should we get banned when its our section and when we defend ourselves against those trolls, we get the bans. That's ridiculous.

The Indians on this forum are practically all trolls and flame baiters. You won't find an Indian member that is not trolling or flame baiting. That's all they do on PDF.

It's your job to punish people that come here and ruin this section. Not punish the long time members that keep this section alive and running for merely defending themselves and their country like AndrewJin, Jlaw, xunzi. You ban the people that keeps interest in this section and let off the Indians that troll and flame bait 24/7 on this section.

I recommend someone like @TaiShang to be a moderator. If he doesn't want to be, then I would like to be a moderator for this section.

@Horus @WebMaster
+1
@WebMaster This section is going crazy without proper regulation.

My advice to the Chinese members.

1. Ignore the Indians, Viets, and Filipinos. Who cares what they think? They just want to argue with you endlessly. If you respond, you have fallen into their trap.

2. A limited response is warranted only if a person raises an important point.

3. Keep your response short. Do not engage in a back-and-forth where you have to repeat yourself.

By following these three simple rules, I don't end up wasting my time. You shouldn't either.

还没。 :(

Analysis: China adds to UHV network to transfer surplus wind energy
28 August 2015 by Yang Jianxiang and Gao Shan

CHINA: China is pushing on with more ultra-high-voltage (UHV) transmission lines to solve its long-standing curtailment problems that keep wind power off the grid. Construction of two 800kV UHV direct current (DC) power transmission lines started in June.

WPM_ChinaMap_Sep15THUMB-20150826124159385.gif

Grid boost… UHV lines already online and under construction across China

The Jiuquan-Hunan UHV line links Jiuquan in western Gansu province to Xiangtan in central Hunan province. It is the longest line of its kind to be built in China, stretching 2,383 kilometres and involving a total investment of CNY 26.2 billion ($4 billion).

The Jinbei-Jiangsu UHV line connects a converter station in the northern part of Shanxi province with another station 1,119 kilometres away in Nanjing in eastern Jiangsu province. The investment in this project is estimated at around CNY 16.2 billion. Both lines are scheduled to be operating in 2017.

China's northern and western regions have good wind resources and a significant amount of wind-power capacity has been installed in the last decade. However, the regions are underdeveloped and power demand is limited. As a result, the wind projects suffer from severe curtailments, and further development is limited.

UHV lines transmit electricity over long distance, moving surplus electricity from one region to another region with insufficient supply - known in China specifically as "sending electricity from west to east, or from north to south". The UHV lines are considered to be one of the key solutions to wind curtailments.

First UHV line

The country's UHV era began in 2006 with the construction of the Jingdongnan-Nanyang-Jingmen 1000kV UHV alternating current (AC) power line. The 654-kilometre line, from south-east Shanxi province to Jingmen in Hunan province, was completed in early 2009.

The first DC UHV line was the 800kV Yunnan-Guangdong line, 1,373 kilometers long, constructed by Southern Power Grid. This links Chuxiong in south-western Yunan province to Guangzhou, and started operating in 2010.

The State Grid Corporation of China is the major driving force behind the UHV endeavours. The giant utility delivers electricity to more than 1.1 billion people living in approximately 88% of the Chinese territory. By the end of 2014, 87.9GW of wind installations were connected to its network - 91.2% of the national total.

Over the last ten years, State Grid had added three AC and four DC UHV lines to its network. Another DC and two AC lines were being built at the end of 2014.

Southern Power Grid, which delivers across five provinces in southern China, had previously developed extra-high-voltage (EHV) lines, typically around 500kV, but since constructing the Yunnan-Guangdong line, has added another UHV DC line, and plans to build more.

Wind curtailments peaked in 2012 with an average rate of 17.12% across the country.

The northern regions suffered the most, with eastern Inner Mongolia recording the worst, at 34.3%.

Some success

By 2013 the average curtailment rate had improved to 10.7%, and last year was recorded as 8%. While 2014 curtailment figures were improved through lower wind speeds, the UHV lines also contributed.

Zhu Ming, a deputy director in the renewable energy division of the National Energy Administration (NEA), said last year that the national targets would help resolve curtailment issues by 2015. While this has not yet been achieved, curtailment rates will drop further as more UHV lines are built.

Controversial

UHV power line development has been controversial since the very beginning. The AC technology is particularly criticised for being unstable and putting the power grid at risk, as well as being uneconomical given the construction cost and energy losses.

In December 2014, the NEA reportedly organised and sponsored research programmes covering theory, development and results of UHV AC lines. The findings may alter the strategy of UHV development in the future.

Meanwhile, constructions of UHV lines continues. State Grid plans to start work on 14 new UHV lines this year — six ACs and eight DCs. Next year, three AC lines and one DC will be commissioned. And in 2017, one AC and four DC lines will follow.

In a white paper published in April, State Grid said northern China remains a focus for wind-power developments. By 2020, 40% of the wind-generated electricity produced in the three northern regions would be transmitted across the country to other regions, with the remaining 60% consumed locally, the company predicted.
Let us know 来的时候

Let us know 来的时候

我会,兄。。 :)

My advice to the Chinese members.

1. Ignore the Indians, Viets, and Filipinos. Who cares what they think? They just want to argue with you endlessly. If you respond, you have fallen into their trap.

2. A limited response is warranted only if a person raises an important point.

3. Keep your response short. Do not engage in a back-and-forth where you have to repeat yourself.

By following these three simple rules, I don't end up wasting my time. You shouldn't either.

Exactly. This we must remind of ourselves over and over again. At times one is carried away, but, perhaps we must all make at least the rule number one (all is critical for certain) our signature for a constant reminder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom