What's new

China to Build Pipeline From Iran to Pakistan: Deal to be signed during XI's vist

Actually maybe it has a connection. China is angry about what KSA is doing in Yemen and has condemned it as aggression and a violation of international law. So it is possible that China is doing this to make KSA angry.

NO bro First no one was investing it cause of Sanction on Iran And Pakistan on many Occasion told about this project that we can't finance it.. Now that After Sanctions are getting lift From Iran China came to Help Like Always

No. That is per Chinese policy to keep India in check. China has always seen Pakistan as a weight to prevent India challenging China directly. In fact if ever Pakistan and India make strategic peace, China might drop Pakistan completely. Pakistan is cornerstone of Chinese policy in South Asian affairs, protecting the left flank of China.
Hi,
what else can i say another deluded Irani like Indians, no wonder both of you get along so well

Every country looking for their self interest especially china.What will be china's benefit for completing a project until pakistan, as i believe it will be very expensive for them to transport all the way to china via pakistan.What will be china's return for investment !

No. That is per Chinese policy to keep India in check. China has always seen Pakistan as a weight to prevent India challenging China directly. In fact if ever Pakistan and India make strategic peace, China might drop Pakistan completely. Pakistan is cornerstone of Chinese policy in South Asian affairs, protecting the left flank of China.

What? Left Flank of China? You Mean India Attack Pakistan Take Gilgit from Pakistan And Attack China from there? The Main Interest of China IS Pakistan China Economic Corridor Pipeline, Railway Track and Highways From Gawadar to Kasghar...

NO bro First no one was investing it cause of Sanction on Iran And Pakistan on many Occasion told about this project that we can't finance it.. Now that After Sanctions are getting lift From Iran China came to Help Like Always

Maybe. But I would rather stay with realpolitik of it all. China is not a light weigh nation. It can trade sanctions or no sanctions. The timing of things usually have a meaning.

China officially announced its Yemen policy and termed Saudi actions an aggression. Maybe this is Chinese offer to Pakistan, to stay away from Yemen. Kind of like a counter-offer to what KSA is offering to Pakistan.

The last thing, China would want to see, is a weakened Pakistan, with its military stretched, bogged down in Yemen and incapable to stand up to India.

Things will become more clear in coming months. Then we can for sure see what was happening now.

Good news, it was announced many times, but it was not sure about the financing scheme, as Iran itself proposed to finance the Pakistani part of the pipeline many times. (most probably the US threat of sanction on Pakistan had the latter thinking it over, since it did not want to lose anything as small as it might seem from the US, mostly what ever it is left from its political backing...), Than Someone has mentioned the financing by China about 2 years ago, and after the Chinese evaluations and feasibility studies, we have got these good news, which also coincide with the first draft of an agreement between Iran and the 5+1 including China... So it is quite realistic to assume that the project will resume soon, Mostly due to the fact that the gas supply from this pipeline will alleviate all the shortfalls of Pakistan's Energy needs. This is of the highest interest to Pakistan as well as to China who wants a stronger Pakistan as an ally and with a robust market for its products, investments and JVs as a bonus for both.

What? Left Flank of China? You Mean India Attack Pakistan Take Gilgit from Pakistan And Attack China from there? The Main Interest of China IS Pakistan China Economic Corridor Pipeline, Railway Track and Highways From Gawadar to Kasghar...

I am talking in terms of geopolitics. What you are talking is childish.

Actually maybe it has a connection. China is angry about what KSA is doing in Yemen and has condemned it as aggression and a violation of international law. So it is possible that China is doing this to make KSA angry.
Yes yes, China is making KSA angry to jeopardize its fuel import from KSA. Then KSA can stop fuel export to China and cripple its economy,right?

I am talking in terms of geopolitics. What you are talking is childish.

Oh please Geopolitics...

Maybe. But I would rather stay with realpolitik of it all. China is not a light weigh nation. It can trade sanctions or no sanctions. The timing of things usually have a meaning.

China officially announced its Yemen policy and termed Saudi actions an aggression. Maybe this is Chinese offer to Pakistan, to stay away from Yemen. Kind of like a counter-offer to what KSA is offering to Pakistan.

The last thing, China would want to see, is a weakened Pakistan, with its military stretched, bogged down in Yemen and incapable to stand up to India.

Things will become more clear in coming months. Then we can for sure see what was happening now.

You are mixing up to things there... And Yes China is not a Light weight nation But still they cannot trade With Sanctions The whole Europe and America Imports many stuff from China if they did this before China Economy would have been in trouble....

Why would China wants to see a weaken Pakistan? Anybody believe your theory shall get their head shot.

Yes yes, China is making KSA angry to jeopardize its fuel import from KSA. Then KSA can stop fuel export to China and cripple its economy,right?
No, there are always other countries that would gladly fill in, one of them being Iran.

I don't care what the motive behind the investment is . I care for what this will do to my countries economy,and I like what I see.

Americans pumped billions into india to counter China, do you see indians complaining about that. Off course not they are using it to improve their country.

Not really. Even if KSA went dead tomorrow, still oil will be available on international markets at a higher price which China can very well afford. It is not like China with its huge economy is dependent on KSA.

In fact it is other way around. KSA needs to sell oil in order to LIVE. Since KSA needs to even imports its food let alone all other stuff. If they do not sell oil, they will die in the middle of a desert.

China on the other hand will survive and even prosper. Without KSA selling its oil, to China, US can not launder its dollars as part of petrodollar recycling. This would cause China to demand US to pay for its imports in Yuan. After that the implications are pretty obvious. If US has to accept Yuan as international tender currency for its trade with other countries, then the whole world will drop dollar.

KSA has no say in this matter. It is a matter between China and US. For now atleast, US will keep KSA providing oil to China and with you guys paying in dollar. Even if it means, US has to invade KSA to ensure it.

I don't care what the motive behind the investment is . I care for what this will do to my countries economy,and I like what I see.

Americans pumped billions into india to counter China, do you see indians complaining about that. Off course not they are using it to improve their country.

That is the pragmatism which is needed. As you can see, emotional people are too reactionary to understand.

Back
Top Bottom