What's new

China to Build Pipeline From Iran to Pakistan: Deal to be signed during XI's vist

Isn't there already a line that Iran built till the border? You would just need to build the rest inside Pakistan, pretty good deal if you ask me.

Consider this. This particular pipeline will link us to BOTH Iranian and Qatari gas supply. The Qatari gas is being shipped while Iranian pipeline is already in our territory. It's a big win win.

Lets see. If Military stops spending $ 5 Billion on Submarines from China, $ 13 Billion on Nuclear Reactors from China, $ 1-2 Billion on new and used Fighter Jets from United States, $ 1 Billion on Gunship Helicopters from United States and $ 1 Billion on another set of Gunship Helicopters from Russia then sure we can do wonders in Economic , Infrastructure Development by ourself
There's countries that can do all of what you mentioned and still develop their own infrastructure without foreign assistance. China itself is an example of this.

Lets face it, we lose billions of $$'s due to corruption, add to that our debt which also sucks a considerable amount of our budget.

Last edited:
IPI soon? The pipeline would only be economical if India was the receiving end. We can purchase huge quantities of oil and pakistan would get a lot of $$ in transit fees.

Exactly. Projects like this will promote peace and increase the wealth in the region.

Well said Iranian bro. Also if I remember correctly Pakistan resisted American pressure and signed the deal with Iran back in 2010, even turned down American conditional offer of constructing a liquefied natural gas terminal and importing electricity from Tajikistan thru Wakhan Corridor. Our Pakistani bros are so noble!

IPI soon? The pipeline would only be economical if India was the receiving end. We can purchase huge quantities of oil and pakistan would get a lot of $$ in transit fees.

It would be a win win, builds more trust too, however i don't think your current govt would get you this pipeline.

Well said. Also if I remember correctly Pakistan resisted American pressure and signed the deal with Iran back in 2010, even turned down their conditional offer of constructing a liquefied natural gas terminal and importing electricity from Tajikistan thru Wakhan Corridor. Our Pakistani bros are so noble!

Thanks to you guys :china:

It would be a win win, builds more trust too, however i don't think your current govt would get you this pipeline.

BJP is a mirror of the Republican party. They use religion as a tool to get votes but in the end they only care about the $$. Hopefully greed wins over hubris.

I don't think this pipeline will become a reality any time soon, as it have to overcome lot of problem like US sanctions,insurgencies,economic feasibilities etc.

BJP is a mirror of the Republican party. They use religion as a tool to get votes but in the end they only care about the $$. Hopefully greed wins over hubris.

If this does happen it will be the first time India would have actual 'interests' in Pakistan which are non hostile. It can be a catalyst for further engagement. Personal assessment tells me its not likely.

I don't think this pipeline will become a reality any time soon, as it have to overcome lot of problem like US sanctions,insurgencies,economic feasibilities etc.

Now the Sanctions are getting Lift of From Iran for 10 years don't you know that??

Absolutly,positively nothing, but some of my country men will credit KSA for this and that's what Iam saying.

Actually maybe it has a connection. China is angry about what KSA is doing in Yemen and has condemned it as aggression and a violation of international law. So it is possible that China is doing this to make KSA angry.

Actually maybe it has a connection. China is angry about what KSA is doing in Yemen and has condemned it as aggression and a violation of international law. So it is possible that China is doing this to make KSA angry.

Is that why Chinese are also financing our new subs ? Or it's a buisness and the Chinese company stands to make money.

Is that why Chinese are also financing our new subs ? Or it's a buisness and the Chinese company stands to make money.

No. That is per Chinese policy to keep India in check. China has always seen Pakistan as a weight to prevent India challenging China directly. In fact if ever Pakistan and India make strategic peace, China might drop Pakistan completely. Pakistan is cornerstone of Chinese policy in South Asian affairs, protecting the left flank of China.

Back
Top Bottom