What's new

China to build Mecca monorail

@Pakistani_Athiest
Following Islam or being Muslim is not purely coincidental. I don't know about others but I am not Muslim merely because my parents were. I have studied it and accepted it whole heartedly. Although, it was easy for me because I was born in Muslim Family.

btw, are you Atheist? your name is Pakistani_Athiest not Pakistani_Atheist.

1) So basically, you studied every religion that's out there, compared and then accepted Islam. Interesting. I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Shintoism, ready?

2) If your theory is right. Then how come MAJORITY of the kids born to muslim parents choose Islam. And majority of the kids born to Hindu parents choose Hinduism?

3) Anyone can 'study' a thing and accept it. The value of g on Earth is 9.8. Source? A science textbook. If it was written 10.8 by typo, someone would have studied it and accepted it. Studying something only requires you to understand linguistically. The real question is have you questioned it? Compared it with other religions?

Being Pakistani, well that can be classified as co-incidental. But remember the people who migrated from India to Pakistan? They weren't co-incidental Pakistani's, they decided to be Pakistanis.

To an extent, yes. But neither me nor you chose to be Pakistanis. It was a genetic accident. So, it's good to be be HAPPY about it. But, I don't think I will be proud of being a Pakistani. It's not a personal achievement and there is too much pride as it is.

Last edited:
A statement praising X. Where X can be God or George V. It can also refer to the citizen of India. But the following statement

More praise for X. Where X can be God or George V. Obviously a citizen's name does not do all that. It sounds too vain in that context. So, it must be a) a praise to God or b) George V.

More Praise for X. Where X can be God or George V. OBVIOUSLY the waves won't pray for the Indian citizen's blessing, so it can only be God or George V.

More praise for X.....

Can X be India?

Even if India is personified, is it Masculine or Feminine? If you are refering to 'Mother India', then obviously the anthem cannot refer to 'her'. Because, the song is in praise of a male.

My friend told me that bhagya vidaata means the dispenser of destiny(masculine) not (feminine). He said it refers to the creator not India.

@ Justin

One last thing i would like to mention is you can read clearly
All trains will have 12 large compartments, each of which will be 23 meters long and three meters wide.

Each compartment will have five two-meter wide doors on each side and a capacity to carry 250 to 300 passengers.

That means each compartment will have 250 - 300 passengers and 12 compartments in total. Lets assume 250 passengers are in one compartment so thats 250 x12 = 3000 passengers per train. If the compartment can accomodate 300 passengers it will be 3600 passengers in one monorail.

now re-calculate everything keeping all these points in your mind and hopefully you will understand 500,000 passengers CAN travel through monorail.

My last post here for now my dear friend

@ prodevelopment & Zaki

My points stands.

The news posted by the thread starter does not mentions that the monorail has 4-6 Monorail tracks, obviously when there is more and more tracks the passengers carrying capacity also increases.

Till now we were discussing a single Monorail line not many.

Also, chinese are building Metro not Monorail in Mecca.

@ prodevelopment & Zaki

The Chinese company which is the contractor of the Rail project in Mecca is building Metro not Monorail.:bunny::bunny:

The Al Mashaaer Al Mugaddassah Metro is an 18.1 kilometres (11.2 mi) long elevated metro under construction in the city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia for opening in November 2010. It is also known as the Mecca Metro, and is sometimes referred to as a monorail.

The Mecca metro project should be complete by 2011's Hajj pilgrimage

Al Mashaaer Al Mugaddassah Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

desMena Mecca Metro Line Station designed by GreenhilLi

Westinghouse Platform Screen Doors (WPSD) - Mecca Metro

Thales awarded ?103 million contract for Mecca?s Metro

Bahra Cables supplies cables to Al Mashaar Makkah metro project for SR50m - Topix

Railway Gazette: Makkah metro contracts signed

So, because of bad reporting we were debating uselessly. :wave:

1) So basically, you studied every religion that's out there, compared and then accepted Islam. Interesting. I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Shintoism, ready?
No, I started of with Islam and it didn't allow me to even think about other religions. Islam has this effect on me. :smitten:
You have problem with my decision?

2) If your theory is right. Then how come MAJORITY of the kids born to muslim parents choose Islam. And majority of the kids born to Hindu parents choose Hinduism?
Well, as I said: I don't know about others. I just talked about my case.
3) Anyone can 'study' a thing and accept it. The value of g on Earth is 9.8. Source? A science textbook. If it was written 10.8 by typo, someone would have studied it and accepted it. Studying something only requires you to understand linguistically. The real question is have you questioned it? Compared it with other religions?
I tried to compare it, according to my caliber.
All major religions talk almost same at the basic level but differ in practice; rituals and stuff. So, I went for Islam because it does not cancel out Christianity and Judaism. Infect it is, in some cases, continuation of the former religions.

To an extent, yes. But neither me nor you chose to be Pakistanis. It was a genetic accident. So, it's good to be be HAPPY about it. But, I don't think I will be proud of being a Pakistani. It's not a personal achievement and there is too much pride as it is.
Tell me, if you had choice, which part of the world you would have liked to born?

No, I started of with Islam and it didn't allow me to even think about other religions. Islam has this effect on me. :smitten:
You have problem with my decision?

Ever occurred to you that most of Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc. are TOO born into a situation where they are taught a religion when they are too young, therefore not even able to consider other religions?

Basically if I ask a Hindu or a Christian who was born to Hindu or Christian parents, he would give me the same answer.

Thank you, I rest my case.

Ever occurred to you that most of Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc. are TOO born into a situation where they are taught a religion when they are too young, therefore not even able to consider other religions?

Basically if I ask a Hindu or a Christian who was born to Hindu or Christian parents, he would give me the same answer.

Thank you, I rest my case.

Agreed! most of them do.

chinese don't believe in any religion or god/almighty. So they don't have any religion, they are unbeliever in any god.

This is not correct . Chinese believe in everything . Don't you know that Kitchen God day is one of the most important days for the Chinese ? Chinese believe in all kinds of Gods .

Wiki

Chinese folk religion (simplified Chinese: 中国民间宗教 or 中国民间信仰, pinyin: Zhōngguómínjiānzōngjiào or Zhōngguómínjiānxìnyăng) or Shenism (pinyin: Shénjiāo, 神教)[1][2][3] are labels used to describe the collection of ethnic religious traditions which have been the majority belief system in China and among Han Chinese ethnic groups for the most part of the civilization's history till today. Shenism comprises Chinese mythology and includes the worship of shens (神, shén; "deities", "spirits", "awarenesses", "consciousnesses", "archetypes") which can be nature deities, community and city deities, national deities, cultural heroes and demigods, dragons and ancestors.

Chinese folk religion is composed of a syncretistic combination of religious practices, including Confucianist ceremonies, ancestor worship, Buddhism and Taoism. Chinese folk religion also retains traces of some of its ancestral neolithic belief systems, which include the veneration of (and communication with) the sun, moon, earth, the heaven, and various stars, as well as communication with animals. It has been practiced by Chinese people for thousands of years, for much of that time alongside Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism.

Ceremonies, veneration, legends, festivals and various devotions associated with different folk gods/deities and goddesses form an important part of Chinese culture today. The veneration of secondary gods does not conflict with an individual's chosen religion, but is accepted as a complementary adjunct to Buddhism, Confucianism or Taoism. Some mythical figures in folk culture have been integrated into Buddhism, as in the case of Miao Shan. She is generally thought to have inflluenced the beliefs about the Buddhist bodhisattva Kuan Yin. This bodhisattva originally was based upon the Indian counterpart Avalokiteshvara. Androgynous in India, this bodhisattva over centuries became a female figure in China and Japan. Kuan Yin is one of the most popular bodishisattvas to which people pray. Other folk deities may date back to pre-Buddhist eras of Chinese history. The Chinese dragon is one of the key religious icons in these beliefs.

In Chinese folk religion and Chinese mythology, the Kitchen God, named Zao Jun (Chinese: 灶君; Pinyin: Zào Jūn; literally "stove master") or Zao Shen (Chinese: 灶神; Pinyin: Zào Shén; literally "stove god" or "stove spirit"), is the most important of a plethora of Chinese domestic gods that protect the hearth and family with the addition of being celebrated in Vietnamese culture as well.

It is believed that on the twenty third day of the twelfth lunar month, just before Chinese New Year he returns to Heaven to report the activities of every household over the past year to the Jade Emperor (Yu Huang). The Jade Emperor, emperor of the heavens, either rewards or punishes a family based on Zao Jun's yearly report.

Last edited:
Most of the Chinese workforce with in santury of holy place is exclusively muslim however outside the limits its mixed. Upto 600 Chinese muslims have accecpted / renewed Islamic faith since the start of project.

Wahabbism is intensely opposed by Hui Chinese Muslims in China, by the Hanafi Sunni Gedimu and Sufi Khafiya and Jahriyya. So much so that even the Yihewani (Ikhwan) Chinese sect, which is fundamentalist and was founded by Ma Wanfu who was originally inspired by the Wahhabis, reacted with hostility to Ma Debao and Ma Zhengqing, who attempted to introduce Wahhabism/Salafism as the main form of Islam. They were branded as traitors, and Wahhabi teachings were deemed as heresy by the Yihewani leaders. Ma Debao established a Salafi/Wahhabi order, called the Sailaifengye(Salafi) menhuan in Lanzhou and Linxia, and it is a completely separate sect than other Muslim sects in China.[31]

Salafis have a reputation for radicalism among the Hanafi Sunni Gedimu and Yihewani. Sunni Muslim Hui avoid Salafis, even if they are family members, and they constantly fight.[32]

The amount of Salafis in China is so insignificant that they are not included on percentage lists on Muslim sects in China.[33]

A list of Gods and goddesses in Chinese religious belief

One of many local shrines, in various states of disrepair or renovation, in Yangxin County, south-eastern Hubei. The menorah-like structure on top may be a derivative of the character 寿 ('longevity').

There are hundreds of gods and goddess as well as "saints," immortals and demigods. After apotheosis, historical figures noted for their bravery or virtue are also venerated and honored with their own festivals. The following list represents some commonly worshipped deities:

(Note: This list is incomplete and should not be considered a full representation)

* Guan Yu (關羽), the red-faced, bearded hero of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and symbol of loyalty. He is the patron god of policemen, war, fortune, law, and gangsters, as he shows forgiveness, and often also serves as Wu Sheng.

* Baosheng Dadi (保生大帝), the "Great Emperor Protecting Life." A divine physician, whose powers extend to raising the dead. Worship is especially prevalent in Fujian and Taiwan.

* Cai Shen (財神 "god of wealth"), named Gongming Zhao, who oversees the gaining and distribution of wealth through fortune. He is often the deified manifestation of certain historical personalities. His shape is that of a giant blue whiskered cat.

* Shou Xing (寿星 "god of longevity"), who stands for a healthy and long life. He is portrayed as an old balding man with a walking stick in his right hand and a peach in his left.

* Fu Shen (福神 "god of happiness"), he looks like a traditional Chinese feudal lord with red clothing. He symbolizes happiness and joy.

* The Eight Immortals (八仙) are important literary and artistic figures who were deified after death and became objects of worship.

* Hu Ye (虎爺 "Lord Tiger"), a guardian spirit, often found at the bottom of Taoist temple shrines. Worshipers revere the tiger spirit to curse spiritual enemies. Rituals include stomping an effigy of a spiritual enemy in front of the tiger spirit, as well as sacrificing meat offerings, paper gold, and others.

* Jiu Huang Ye (九皇爺 "Nine Emperor God") refer to spirits of nine emperors, worshiped as emanations of Mazu, patron goddess of sailors. A festival is held over the first nine days of the ninth lunar month to celebrate the return from heaven to earth of the Nine Emperor spirits. This is celebrated primarily in Malaysia.

* Mazu (媽祖), the patroness, also considered as the goddess of sailors. Shrines can be found in coastal areas of Eastern and South-Eastern China. Today, belief in Mazu is especially popular in the South and South-East, including Fujian (福建), Guangdong (廣東), Hainan (海南), Taiwan (台灣), Hong Kong (香港), and Vietnam (越南).

* Qiye (七爺 "Seventh Lord") and Baye (八爺 "Eighth Lord"), two generals and best friends, often seen as giant puppets in street parades. 8 is black, because he drowned rather than miss his appointment to meet with 7, even though a flood was coming. 7 has his tongue sticking out, because he hanged himself in mourning for 8.

* Shangdi Shangdi (上帝) (lit. Supreme Emperor) is originally the supreme god, synonymous with the concept of Tian. This title/name was later applied to the supreme deity of various religions, including Yu Huang Dadi and the Christian God.

* Cheng Huang (城隍), a class of protective deities: Each city has a Cheng Huang who looks after the fortunes of the city and judges the dead. Usually these are famous or noble persons from the city who were deified after death. The Cheng Huang Miao (城隍廟) or "Shrine of the Cheng Huang" was often the focal point of a town in ancient times.

* Tu Di Gong (土地公, tǔ dì gōng), the "God of the earth", a genius loci who protects a local place (especially hills), and whose statue may be found in roadside shrines. He is also the god of wealth, by virtue of his connection with the earth, and therefore, minerals and buried treasure.

* Wenchangdi (文昌帝 "Emperor Promoting Culture"), god of students, scholars, and examination. He is worshiped by students who wish to pass their examinations. Inept examiners in ancient times sometimes sought "divine guidance" from him to decide rank between students.

* Yaochi Jinmu (瑤池金母), also known as Xi Wangmu (西王母), the "Queen Mother of the West" who reigns over a paradisaical mountain and has the power to make others immortal. In some myths, she is the mother of the Jade Emperor (玉帝).

* Yuexia Laoren (月下老人 "Old Man Under the Moon"). The matchmaker who pairs lovers together, worshiped by those seeking their partner.

* Zao Shen (灶君|灶神), the 'Kitchen God' mentioned in the title of Amy Tan's novel, The Kitchen God's Wife. He reports to heaven on the behavior of the family of the house once a year, at Chinese New Year, and is given sticky rice to render his speech less comprehensible on that occasion.

* Zhusheng Niangniang (註生娘娘 "Birth-Registry Goddess"). She is worshiped by people who want children, or who want their child to be a boy.

Will they allow the chinese to enter Mecca, in my opinion people from other religions should be allowed to enter Mecca and Medina. If our Holy Prophet (SAW) allowed jews and christians to stay there, who are these wahabis to stop anyone from visiting the holy cites.

There are millions of Chinese Muslims that are engineers that will build the Monorail in Makkah. The contract explicitly or implicitly required Muslim engineers and workers for this contract.

Back
Top Bottom