What's new

China surpasses West in quantum space race

Ey? Which advanced (non military) technologies are restricted from export to China?

You apparently have no idea of such restrictions.

All advanced technologies have the greatest potentials for military use. Therefore, they are always restricted from export to china. I would like to challenge you to bring up one example that has no military potential.

I for one have plenty of such experiences because of my area of research. Years ago, we tried to buy a high-speed camera for flow visualization from US, and it turned out this kind of camera, if its shooting speed faster than XXX fps, is not open to china at all.

If you like, I can show you more, only in my area.

You apparently have no idea of such restrictions.

All advanced technologies have the greatest potentials for military use. Therefore, they are always restricted from export to china. I would like to challenge you to bring up one example that has no military potential.

I for one have plenty of such experiences because of my area of research. Years ago, we tried to buy a high-speed camera for flow visualization from US, and it turned out this kind of camera, if its shooting speed faster than XXX fps, is not open to china at all.

If you like, I can show you more, only in my area.

Interesting, no I must admit I believed the trade restrictions ended with military and dual use technologies.

Would you be kind enough to link me to the GoUSA documentation for this? I would like to find out for myself exactly what these restrictions are.

Surpass? Well, it is a long battle and let's not bring out the fanfare this soon.

at this point of time China does surpass
why are you acting like this all the time!

Talking about restriction of sales of advanced technology to China, even the supplier has relaxed the restriction, a third party may intervene blocking the sale:

Foreign Military Studies Office - Operational Environment Watch March 2013

“Japan Fears French Copter Device May Aid China’s Senkakus Campaign,” The Asahi Shimbun, 18 March 2013, Http://Ajw.Asahi.Com/Article/Asia/China/AJ201303180096.
“Japan and France are at odds over a French company’s sales to China of a cutting-edge helicopter landing system that Japan fears will be deployed around the Senkaku Islands.
At issue is French defense contractor DCNS SA’s landing grid, which allows helicopters to land on or take off from a ship without crew assistance even in bad weather.
Japan expressed its concerns to France that the equipment will be used on Chinese ships intruding into Japanese waters around the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea, sources said.
… Japan has learned that the Chinese government signed a contract to purchase the equipment to install it on two marine surveillance ships by the end of the year, the sources said.
According to a government source, China will be able to make up for its pilots’ poor helicopter landing techniques with the system.
The government is worried that China could threaten Japan’s administration of the Senkaku Islands by strengthening its maritime activities with helicopters, which can monitor larger areas than marine surveillance ships.
Chinese government ships have repeatedly entered Japanese waters around the uninhabited islands since Japan put three of the islands under state ownership in September.
Some of these ships are capable of carrying helicopters, which some fear could be used to violate Japanese airspace or even help Chinese land on the islands…”

I am happy with the achievement. However, remember this is a long battle. There are members who like to do the trash talk again U.S. or other countries as if they have lost the capabilities to get ahead. Let alone there are many components from the so-called super computers which are not even made in CHINA.

When we can build the core of our supercomputers by ourselves, not depending on foreign technology or not afraid of any future embargo, that will be an even bigger achievement.

People here can simply ask yourself a question, if U.S. and the west have another embargo on those high tech chips today, would we still have this super computer???

at this point of time China does surpass
why are you acting like this all the time!

I am happy with the achievement. However, remember this is a long battle. There are members who like to do the trash talk again U.S. or other countries as if they have lost the capabilities to get ahead. Let alone there are many components from the so-called super computers which are not even made in CHINA.

When we can build the core of our supercomputers by ourselves, not depending on foreign technology or not afraid of any future embargo, that will be an even bigger achievement.

People here can simply ask yourself a question, if U.S. and the west have another embargo on those high tech chips today, would we still have this super computer???

go back and read the details on the Tianhe 2 thread. The talks are all for fun and the fact is we are also making immense progress on making our components barring the processors - this is fact!
all the Chinese media are not trashing anything about the american's capabilities in supercomputing

the chips are sold at crazy prices they need the money too! It goes both ways

Am I talking about Chinese media here??? This is a forum that consists of all types of members. I am talking about members' comments here.

Great people know how to keep modest attitude even with great achievement.

go back and read the details on the Tianhe 2 thread. The talks are all for fun and the fact is we are also making immense progress on making our components barring the processors - this is fact!
all the Chinese media are not trashing anything about the american's capabilities in supercomputing

the chips are sold at crazy prices they need the money too! It goes both ways

Am I talking about Chinese media here??? This is a forum that consists of all types of members. I am talking about members' comments here.

You shall also direct your humble comment to some of the wannabe racist white american who act as they are the real leader of the world. Nobody come close to them.

Typical American attitude is they talk one thing but act/do another things.

Example. they talk about promoter of democracy and protector of individual rights. But under table, they intrude into details of all American citizen, infringe and damage their rights. This is reveal by Snowden. Not say I BS about it.

China don't talk about promoting individual right. But at least they don't act like hypocrite, ridiculate others of crime which they themselves commit too.

excessive modesty is not a virtue!

the chinese scientists were also part of that 143 km quantum teleportation record broken between 2 canary islands last year. ha

No they weren't. They were doing their own thing in China.

Well, I did the same criticizing thing to those white american racists or idiots as well. You should read my other comments first before making this comment.

We discuss one thing for one thing. Let's not direct the topic here.

You shall also direct your humble comment to some of the wannabe racist white american who act as they are the real leader of the world. Nobody come close to them.

Typical American attitude is they talk one thing but act/do another things.

Example. they talk about promoter of democracy and protector of individual rights. But under table, they intrude into details of all American citizen, infringe and damage their rights. This is reveal by Snowden. Not say I BS about it.

China don't talk about promoting individual right. But at least they don't act like hypocrite, ridiculate others of crime which they themselves commit too.

Excessive modesty???

I do not think so. I just see our shortcomings and limitations. Just like what I have said, we have not achieved the main task here yet. The core of supercomputers are still in the hands of the west. If we get cut-off, e.g. embargo or war breaks off, we will not have these super computers.

If you cannot produce those strategic important components yet, or even you can but with less quality, I would not consider a little bit self-checking is excessive modesty.

The same applies to those who are so over-joyed with our J-20, J-17 or whatever J-.... well, the core technology is still not in our hand. We still depend on russians and Ukrainians.

excessive modesty is not a virtue!

Excessive modesty???

I do not think so. I just see our shortcomings and limitations. Just like what I have said, we have not achieved the main task here yet. The core of supercomputers are still in the hands of the west. If we get cut-off, e.g. embargo or war breaks off, we will not have these super computers.

If you cannot produce those strategic important components yet, or even you can but with less quality, I would not consider a little bit self-checking is excessive modesty.

The same applies to those who are so over-joyed with our J-20, J-17 or whatever J-.... well, the core technology is still not in our hand. We still depend on russians and Ukrainians.

go ahead with your own version of "short comings"

I will always have fun and joy on our achievements!

go ahead with your own version of "short comings"

I will always have fun and joy on our achievements!

Being proud of its own achievement is one way to spur inspiration and a driving force for higher/better attainment.

I agree with you, Chinese must have fun and joy on the achievement. No matter its big or small.

Damn, i have now developed an inferiority complex in front of my Chinese compatriots who are part of this megaproject.

Many of them are only about my age, yet they already have this lifetime achievement reward, even i got a bachelor of computer science, but i feel so small compared to them.

Back
Top Bottom