What's new

China ‘strategic accord’ could give Iran a $400 billion boost, up military ties

So China is now to be targetted by US through sanctions? Chinese companies cannot access dollars and access any financial systems using dollars and barred from Western economy. This is the current us sanctions which may however improve in future depending upon Iran us relation.
wake up!:omghaha::omghaha:

China must return to Vietnam the islands in the archipelagos of Paracel and Spratly. This is the original problem, everything else is secondary.
false flag is dog.
Vietnam should return Saigon to Cambodia

Saigon was annexed to Vietnam (1623 ~ 1690) peacefully from a country that no longer existed, Chenla. In the Paracel and Spratly archipelagos, the Vietnamese blood has not yet dissolved.

If you want to support Palestinians go at it, actually whole region would encourage you. But you do little of that and most your foriegn policy is intended on destroying ME nations like Yemen, KSA, Iraq, Bahrain and so on.

It is not good if this won't change, not for China nor for region. Risk of regional conflict will go up. Oil exports will go down. So I hope your government regain it's sanity and quit being asset to Russians, US and now Chinese.

Your people say it all the time. That Saudi Arabia is proxy of West/US. So by default Iran is proxy of China now for selling cheap oil and economy relying on Chinese investments. Also for security Iranian regime relied on US war on Saddam regime, US/Russian intervention in Syria/Iraq. So not sure what you see different.
what a utter nonsense ! first you learn the definition of proxy . Hezbulla is a proxy ,Hamas is a proxy , China and Iran are two sovereign state forming a stronger alliance .. I don't understand your pointless argument ,Iran didn't start destroying ME ,KSA and other little sheikhdoms got Cocky and hostile to Iran with the help of Uncle Sam .Iran is returning the favor , KSA is a puppet state not a proxy ,this shit show started long time ago and will continue for years to come .

Saigon was annexed to Vietnam (1623 ~ 1690) peacefully from a country that no longer existed, Chenla. In the Paracel and Spratly archipelagos, the Vietnamese blood has not yet dissolved.
lie. Vietnam snatched Saigon from Cambodia

I for one would be happy to see Iran focusing on Asia and leave the shit hole that is Middle East for itself. Iran in Tang dynasty days had a solid relationship with China that a big chunk of Iranian nobility fled to China after the Arab invasion. Iran would prosper as an "Asian" country and would get the respect it deserves. It's beyond me why Iranian policymakers care so much about the Middle East. It only has death and destruction to offer.

That being said, China sees itself as the top dog of Asia and everyone else is beneath them.

Realistically, Turkey can only be in that block if it exists NATO. No Russia or China led block will entertain a NATO member, esp. if there is a strategic and military aspect of it...

dont waste your time on this man. this comment he made is just another piece of evidence showing he doesnt actually understand how Iran operates. Iran that paid a cost worth $ trillions + blood to not be US's "PROXY" would so glady enjoy being China's proxy? it makes no sense. It is in Iranian DNA to not do anything that Iranians would consider selling Iran out, doesnt matter to who.

Turkey cant join SCO until it exists NATO..fyi.
After NATO's failure in Afghanistan it seems to be a useless organisation more for show than results. Turkey may as well pull out of NATO has it really hasn't gained much strategically and with 2023 coming up NATO will be the organisation containing Turkey.

wake up!:omghaha::omghaha:

As of now only a few Chinese companies are being targetted by US. Now this will rise, meaning China will be unable to invest in the rest of the world through other Chinese companies. Anyway not my money !!!

As of now only a few Chinese companies are being targetted by US. Now this will rise, meaning China will be unable to invest in the rest of the world through other Chinese companies. Anyway not my money !!!
Indians of the superpower saw the American master boycott Chinese products and immediately climaxed.
Unfortunately, Chinese companies are still developing very well

Iran becoming China's proxy will hopefully mean Iran destabalizing activity in ME will come to an end and it will focus on Asia region where it is from and belongs.

Although wonder if negotiations still ongoing till US elections, maybe China waiting to see if Trump is out.

The US turned Iran into a proxy and look what happened? Their puppet Shah was overthrown by the Islamic Republic.

Iran is not a proxy of China. It is acting out of its own interests, and Trump's ignorant and self-deluding policies of maximum force has made it very clear to Iran that China is the only major partner it can ally with. You can thank Trump's complete ignorance of other cultures and self deluded arrogance in making this a reality.

this is an over exaggeration- US only allowed INdia trade with Iran via Chabahar ONLY..and its really to help Afghanistan have an alternative trade route aside from Pakistan. India was/is so afraid to trade in other things with Iran, India left oil fields Iran allocated to Iran undeveloped, then India doesnt buy as much Iranian crude today, so this "US allowed India trade with Iran" is an exaggeration..India doesnt do much trade(relative to what it can) with Iran TODAY. simple.

Is any volume of trade allowed under the sanctions placed on Iran? what about the purchases from Russia too?
I dont see how giving Afghanistan an alternate route aside from Pakistan is a legitimate excuse either considering trade via Chabahar rather than Karachi is much more costly and any trade will still be to Irans benefit as they are able to generate revenue. If the US actually cared about enforcing sanctions and punishing those who break the rules, then they would have told India to trade via air, or Pakistan, or via central asia.

Im not a lawyer but if they did go after China for trading with Iran, im sure any international court would rule in their favour citing this exception as an example.

Till now it looks more like a memorandum of understanding than a strategic accord. Chinese government is silent about it. There is simply no deal! till it's signed by both parties and till clear operational deals are mentioned. Now it's just an "idea" and nothing more than that.

Back
Top Bottom