What's new

China Should Research New Tech to Replace Fossil Fuels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Emperor

Reaction score
Sooner or later the world will run out of fossil fuels. When that time comes, China which is now the largest oil-consumer and other fossil fuels in the world, needs to change to new technology that allows cars to be moved and electricity to be powered without fossil fuels. As for electricity generation,China should build more nuclear reactors and shut down pollution-inducing coal plants by 2028, and replace all of them with nuke plants or other plants that use clean renewable energy. See below:

World Without Fossil Fuel

Fossil fuel is the main source of power in the modern human civilization. The carbon deposits which were preserved over millions of years, has transformed in to carbon and hydrogen chemical structure called fossil fuel. There are various kind of fossil fuel categorized based on number of carbon atoms in its structure which are having various applications. Significant part of the fossil fuel engines power up transportation and generate electricity for human needs. According to the increasing need with expanding industries and population the fossil fuel deposits are reducing in a greater speed than its regeneration. Therefore the human civilization has to shift to an alternative power source by 2050 and all the fossil fuel deposits will be over by 2100. In addition to that fossil fuel engine generates harmful by products including carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. Due to that there is a serious health and environmental issues have occurred. All the above facts demand a new source of power to continue human civilization and modern technological advancement with lesser environmental impact. The big question is Can human civilization continues to have comfortable living conditions without fossil fuel? The answer is changing from NO to YES due to the latest advancement of science and results of research about alternative fuel.

Hydrogen Fuel cell
How It Works

Hydrogen fuel cell is a mechanism to convert hydrogen fuel in to electricity. It uses Hydrogen and Oxygen as input and generates electricity as the output. Most importantly the by product of this reaction is Water (H2O). This mechanism generates electricity using non-fossil fuel with much lesser environmental impact because this is not emitting harmful gases or significant noise. Unlike traditional power cells, hydrogen fuel cell is not a closed system. It generates electricity as long as there is a hydrogen and Oxygen supply.
Advantages and Applications

The next question about hydrogen fuel cell is it efficient? Can it be used to practical applications? As a perfect answer for above questions there are few successful prototypes which are power by Hydrogen fuel cell. That prototype contains house hold electricity generation, automobiles and even advanced military applications like submarines. The greater advantage of Hydrogen fuel cell is there is no moving part it or any fuel burning like in traditional internal combustion engine. Therefore it’s having much lesser energy wastage and highly improved reliability. Due to these advantages several market giants like Toyota, Chrysler and Mercedes-benz are investing huge amount of money on research on Hydrogen fuel cell power automobiles and there are various working prototypes also been introduced as a result. Furthermore some cities already have Hydrogen filling stations and Hydrogen fuel cell powered public transportation.
Future of Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Hydrogen is the most common element in the universe. This advanced usage of Hydrogen as a fuel to generate electricity will become the main source of power in human civilization in near future. In addition to that this fuel will provide electricity as same as fossil fuel and with much lesser environmental impact. When it comes to the automobiles there will be much lesser engine vibrations and noise which lead to even comfortable driving experience.

The time has come for China to adopt more cleaner energy sources. If Chinese research succeeds, It is for Chinese people's technological pride too!:china:We only have one planet so the environment should be of first priority. And no, i'm not an environmentalist, i just fear for our children and our grandchildren's future(By the way, i'm single lol:P)

In fact every country in world must do so and try to find an alternative to fossil fuels.

In fact every country in world must do so and try to find an alternative to fossil fuels.

Yes, especially so for China, since it has surpassed USA very slightly as largest consumer of fossil fuels recently(i think so, unsure).

nuclear fusion reactor is the golden grail

Go for thorium-based molten salt reactor models for nuclear power production. ^^

Yes, especially so for China, since it has surpassed USA very slightly as largest consumer of fossil fuels recently(i think so, unsure).

It's a great chance for China to go green and left the rest of the world behind. China now is the largest market, biggest investor in renewable energy but why the Chinese gov still have big plan for many more nuclear power plants, particularly in the country with many earthquake-prone regions?

China is actively engaged in developing and testing alternate sources of fuel.

Some examples:
- Nuclear power (China is building the most nuclear reactors in the world)
- Maglev wind turbines (China is the world's largest producer of wind turbines. China is also exporting these to the US)
- Shale gas (China has the world's largest reserves of it)
- Hydro power (Three Gorges Dam)
- Solar power (China is the world's largest producer of solar panels)

If the pace keeps up, we shouldn't worry about China's future of energy. After all, China is currently the world's largest user and producer of clean energy and the world leader in green technology.

China is actively engaged in developing and testing alternate sources of fuel.

Some examples:
- Nuclear power (China is building the most nuclear reactors in the world)
- Maglev wind turbines (China is the world's largest producer of wind turbines. China is also exporting these to the US)
- Shale gas (China has the world's largest reserves of it)
- Hydro power (Three Gorges Dam)
- Solar power (China is the world's largest producer of solar panels)

If the pace keeps up, we shouldn't worry about China's future of energy. After all, China is currently the world's largest user and producer of clean energy and the world leader in green technology.

very well put. chinese are doing a great job.

They should also start to look for a replacement of fossile fuel for vehicles. This will be important for their armed forces.

They should also start to look for a replacement of fossile fuel for vehicles. This will be important for their armed forces.

Hybrid armored vehicles that can barely go 60 km/hr on a regular car chassis? Yeah, I'm really willing to trust my life with that.

Hybrid armored vehicles that can barely go 60 km/hr on a regular car chassis? Yeah, I'm really willing to trust my life with that.

I think I was talking in the future tense and you in the present tense

Biodiesel is probably the best replacement for jet and tank fuel.

If China can invents some portable nuclear power generator, world problem will solve overnight. They have capacity to produce large scale with affordable price. Unlike western company, they don't care about patent or copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom