What's new

China Says Its Mars Landing Technology Is Ready for 2020

Is this going to do the same stuff currently being done by Curiosity rover or is this going to serve some other purpose?

Atleast as far space exploration is concerned countries should work together to achieve different objectives rather than repeat same endeavor to show they have achieved same technical prowess too imo

Then why did India try to land a rover and failed lol. According to you, India should stop landing spacecraft and support China and the US as they successfully soft landed already.

Orbiting, landing and roving on Mars in one attempt is extremely risky.

Long march 5's follow-up missions are all super crucial.
1. Dec 2020 Next generation communication Satellite SJ-20
2. July/August 2020 Mars One orbiter/lander/rover
3. Q4 2020 Chang'E 5 moon sample return
4. Mid 2020 Next generation manned spacecraft test
5. 2020 Core module of China space station
6. 2021 Experiment I module of China space station
7. 2022 Experiment II module of China space station
8. 2023/2024 Chang'E 6 moon sample return
9. 2023/2024 Chang'E 7 moon lander/rover/hopping
10. 2023/2024 Asteroid 2016HO3 and 133P sample return
11. 2024 Space Telescope
12. 2024 Solar Telescope

Long March 5's team must be under huge interior and exterior pressure.
If the first one failed again, all the follow-up missions will be delayed by at least 2 years.

Last edited:
Anyway, the manned space station is still the top priority and is of far greater importance than any other projects. 2022~2024 is a plausible due date for a baseline version of CSS.

Anyway, the manned space station is still the top priority and is of far greater importance than any other projects. 2022~2024 is a plausible due date for a baseline version of CSS.

I still remember the long March 5 first launch, something was wrong, but finally succeeded by luck. They didn't take it seriously, then failed in second launch.
Some 2nd generation engineers are not qualified.

I still remember the long March 5 first launch, something was wrong, but finally succeeded by luck. They didn't take it seriously, then failed in second launch.

the problem is the flawed design of YF-77 cryogenic engine. It has little to do with front line young engineers. Back in the 90's, there's an applicable and safe plan for a full Lox/Kerosene version of Long March 5. If it was selected, the space station project would be advanced by at least 5 years. all the delays are due to the wrong decisions 20 years ago.

Anyway, there's no time to regret and blame. Long March 5 has to succeed this time. It's having its back against the wall.

Then why did India try to land a rover and failed lol. According to you, India should stop landing spacecraft and support China and the US as they successfully soft landed already.

No India shouldn't not land rovers but India should work with superior space agencies to understand better while also not repeating same missions.

Something of the sort of shared goals but depending on their individual tech capabilities they each pursue their missions.

You guys are too insecure, my comment was harmless and not my nation greater than your nation jibe. China or US or India or Russia, if all worked together only in regards of space exploration, we'd make progress much faster than we are at current rate.

That China is doing it is great, but it would serve humanity greater purpose if it was doing something additional to what Nasa is already doing in Mars and that exactly was my question, is this mission doing that? If not, still great stuff but in future space agencies should have open communications.
Using your logic, India shouldn't have launch a lunar mission to orbit the moon since NASA, Russia, ESA, Japan, and China already did that before India. lol
Same with India now saying they too are going to be building a space station by 2030. What will be the purpose of this small 20ton space station apart from showing the Chinese that they too can build one? I'm 100% sure that if China didn't launch their space station project then India wouldn't be doing this. Seems to me like a 'me too' project to be honest. Same with India now saying they too will start a manned space program. What else will they achieved that U.S Russia, ESA and China haven't already achieved? So as you can see, what you just said applies more to India than even China. Since at least China wanted to participate in ISS but they were rebuffed/banned by the US from doing so, so they had no choice than to build theirs. However India is free to join the ISS since western powers are open/more favourable towards India , but India has rejected this saying they will follow China to build theirs. Is that not a clear case of trying to follow your giant neighbour and show them you can do what they did as well? lol

India’s space station likely to have space for three

BENGALURU: The Indian Space Station, which the Indian Space Research Organisation plans to put in place in five to seven years, will have space for three astronauts, sources told TOI.
The space station will be an extension of the human spaceflight programme Gaganyaan. TOI has learned that the initial designs for the space station – still in a nascent stage – suggest a 20-tonne modular abode in the low earth orbit (LEO), at an altitude of 120km to 140km.
The International Space Station (ISS), jointly managed by the US, Russia, Europe, Japan and Canada, orbits at an average altitude of 400km. Announcing the project in June this year, Isro chairman K Sivan had said: “We don’t want to be part of ISS. Our station, which will be set up in five to seven years, won’t be very big.” :disagree:

Using your logic, India shouldn't have launch a lunar mission to orbit the moon since NASA, Russia, ESA, Japan, and China already did that before India. lol
Same with India now saying they too are going to be building a space station by 2030. What will be the purpose of this small 20ton space station apart from showing the Chinese that they too can build one? I'm 100% sure that if China didn't launch their space station project then India wouldn't be doing this. Seems to me like a 'me too' project to be honest. Same with India now saying they too will start a manned space program. What else will they achieved that U.S Russia, ESA and China haven't already achieved? So as you can see, what you just said applies more to India than even China. Since at least China wanted to participate in ISS but they were rebuffed/banned by the US from doing so, so they had no choice than to build theirs. However India is free to join the ISS since western powers are open/more favourable towards India , but India has rejected this saying they will follow China to build theirs. Is that not a clear case of trying to follow your giant neighbour and show them you can do what they did as well? lol

India’s space station likely to have space for three

BENGALURU: The Indian Space Station, which the Indian Space Research Organisation plans to put in place in five to seven years, will have space for three astronauts, sources told TOI.
The space station will be an extension of the human spaceflight programme Gaganyaan. TOI has learned that the initial designs for the space station – still in a nascent stage – suggest a 20-tonne modular abode in the low earth orbit (LEO), at an altitude of 120km to 140km.
The International Space Station (ISS), jointly managed by the US, Russia, Europe, Japan and Canada, orbits at an average altitude of 400km. Announcing the project in June this year, Isro chairman K Sivan had said: “We don’t want to be part of ISS. Our station, which will be set up in five to seven years, won’t be very big.” :disagree:
They are desperate to prove india is not a shithole. So instead of cleaning India or feeding India, they spend billions buiding a huge statue made in China and sending a probe to the moon doing what China has already done. Their face saving syndrome is pretty deep.

Back
Top Bottom