What's new

China’s Pakistani coach excited about team’s future

Dance

Reaction score
KARACHI: China’s coach Rashid Khan on Tuesday expressed high hopes for his women’s team at this year’s Asia Cup Twenty20, saying that they were outperforming the men.

The 52-year-old former Pakistan paceman has spent five years coaching China since the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) and International Cricket Council marked the country as one of the biggest new markets for the game.

Khan said the women’s Twenty20 tournament in October in Guangzhou, southern China, would be a turning point.

The Chinese women’s team “has shown more progress than their men’s team and I pin my hopes on the Asia Cup Twenty20 event… as the turning point where my team will create upsets,” Khan told AFP while on holiday in Pakistan.

Besides the hosts, formidable teams from Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand will participate in the event.

Khan said the pool of women players in China was increasing.

“Chinese women are athletic and are showing interest in cricket. At present we have a pool of 150 players and with the introduction of the game in schools and colleges more and more women will come,” said Khan.

China finished fourth in the Asian Games in Guangzhou in 2010 before finishing runners-up in the ACC women’s Trophy the same year, losing to Hong Kong in the final.

China’s under-19 women’s team finished fifth out of nine teams in the ACC under-19 event held in Kuwait in February and Khan said these performances were encouraging.

He welcomed support from the Chinese authorities and said the ACC’s decision to send Chinese players on coaching courses had honed their talent.

“Without the ACC’s support the progress of Chinese cricket would not be possible and the recent initiative to send Chinese players to England and various other countries have helped groom them a great deal,” said Khan.

Top Chinese women players Huang Zhou, Zhou Haijie and Yu Miao will train in England and Khan hoped they would mature as a result.

Khan said his men’s team will feature in the ACC Trophy Challenge in Thailand in December, where they have a good chance against low-ranked teams like Bahrain, Iran, Myanmar, Qatar, Singapore and Thailand. – AFP

China

We already suck at the football, hopefully we can learn how to play the cricket well. :coffee:

china should be the super power in cricket already, we are so much fed up by india trolling :sick:

china, learn cricket quickly !!!!!! :D

KARACHI: China’s coach Rashid Khan on Tuesday expressed high hopes for his women’s team at this year’s Asia Cup Twenty20, saying that they were outperforming the men.

The 52-year-old former Pakistan paceman has spent five years coaching China since the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) and International Cricket Council marked the country as one of the biggest new markets for the game.

Khan said the women’s Twenty20 tournament in October in Guangzhou, southern China, would be a turning point.

The Chinese women’s team “has shown more progress than their men’s team and I pin my hopes on the Asia Cup Twenty20 event… as the turning point where my team will create upsets,” Khan told AFP while on holiday in Pakistan.

Besides the hosts, formidable teams from Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand will participate in the event.

Khan said the pool of women players in China was increasing.

“Chinese women are athletic and are showing interest in cricket. At present we have a pool of 150 players and with the introduction of the game in schools and colleges more and more women will come,” said Khan.

China finished fourth in the Asian Games in Guangzhou in 2010 before finishing runners-up in the ACC women’s Trophy the same year, losing to Hong Kong in the final.

China’s under-19 women’s team finished fifth out of nine teams in the ACC under-19 event held in Kuwait in February and Khan said these performances were encouraging.

He welcomed support from the Chinese authorities and said the ACC’s decision to send Chinese players on coaching courses had honed their talent.

“Without the ACC’s support the progress of Chinese cricket would not be possible and the recent initiative to send Chinese players to England and various other countries have helped groom them a great deal,” said Khan.

Top Chinese women players Huang Zhou, Zhou Haijie and Yu Miao will train in England and Khan hoped they would mature as a result.

Khan said his men’s team will feature in the ACC Trophy Challenge in Thailand in December, where they have a good chance against low-ranked teams like Bahrain, Iran, Myanmar, Qatar, Singapore and Thailand. – AFP

China

pakistan should sent miandad as china coach, china is losing to afghanistan badly which means the coaching is below par

5 years and this rashid khan guy hasnt even achieved anything

pakistan should sent miandad as china coach, china is losing to afghanistan badly which means the coaching is below par

they will get there who knows 30 to 40 years later they might be winning world championships and holding records

china should be the super power in cricket already, we are so much fed up by india trolling :sick:

china, learn cricket quickly !!!!!! :D

Dont worry mate we will get the best coach money can buy if we really into cricket

you are wrong...he has made china the record holder " quickest batting in history" helping the organisers save a lot of time in the match
all out for 9 runs....that's a record to beat ...this also makes Afganistan the country that has won with the highest margin---afgans won by 349 runs....China 9 all out against Afghanistan | Features | NDTVSports.com

i bet i could send a bunch of kids from my street and they would have done better than the china u16 team

you are wrong...he has made china the record holder " quickest batting in history" helping the organisers save a lot of time in the match
all out for 9 runs....that's a record to beat ...this also makes Afganistan the country that has won with the highest margin---afgans won by 349 runs....China 9 all out against Afghanistan | Features | NDTVSports.com

i bet i could send a bunch of kids from my street and they would have done better than the china u16 team

This guy coaches the Chinese WOMEN cricket team.

You posted a link of the Chinese MEN cricket team

relax its U-16 team not national team

Wang-Lei.jpg

china+cricket+team.jpg

china-womens-cricket-ap-670.jpg

Football and basketball are the two sports we are interested at the moment may be in 5 years time we will think about cricket

Thx for the pics if this women team can win a major tourament this might change our attitude toward this sport

Back
Top Bottom