What's new

China’s DF-21D Missile Is a One-Shot Aircraft Carrier Killer

The US has four carriers stationed around the Persian Gulf, are those C-805s capable of sinking those carriers?

The C-805 missile is enough to secure the Persian Gulf, while if you need to annihilate their carrier battlegroups beyond the range, lets say at the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean, you need several brigades of DF-21Ds.

The C-805 missile is enough to secure the Persian Gulf, while if you need to annihilate their carrier battlegroups beyond the range, lets say at the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean, you need several brigades of DF-21Ds.

Iran will definitely need to take down those carriers because the main assault will be launched from those carriers and I'm pretty sure uncle sam will keep those carriers beyond the range of these C-805s.

nah dude! open your eyes. brahmins and mullas are two faces of the same coin.

I didn't know that the mullahs advocated caste system! Anyway, it's off topic, so get lost!

There's a new Target in the Indian ocean.. we could practice on. :lol:

i hope we develop ACC killer version of Agni 1 with 1000 km range.

DF-21Ds are decoys, China only has few for test sites. Based on the technologies, if China already has them then it will use to threaten U.S carrier.

Seems to me that, U.S Carrier still floating on every sea, especially in SCS somewhere very near China. Does DF-21D scare enough for US? The answer is NO 60% of U.S Navy power will be deploy in Pacific and SCS.

Sources:http://www.andrewerickson.com/2012/...2700km-range-gen-chen-bingde-never-said-that/

wether they are scared or not can be shown by how frequently they report this weapon, the answer is:all the time.

There are a gazillion ways to counter a carrier killer missile it is as ineffective as the ballistic misssile defence...
Probably hypersonic brahmos may come close to being an effective carrier killer....as of now even the world's fastest Brahmos missile can be misled and detected to have enough time to confuse the missile...
Since the indian have got Brahmos they think it's the only missile to tackle every thing. I really don't know why indians are so much obsessed with this missile,no doubt it si good but it is not the "All weather solution to every problem"

wether they are scared or not can be shown by how frequently they report this weapon, the answer is:all the time.

There is a thing called free media which doesnt wait for orders from the Home ministry to publish/discuss things in Free countries.

Besides i think you have been used to Xinhua news agency telling about the "Glorious achievements of the Communist Party and How even United states has been overpowered"

FACT IS We all here are too ignorant to realise the Institutional capacity of United States.The ASAT weapon which China flaunted in 2007 from the ground United States had already retired 2 generations of that.....PLEASE TELL THE COMMUNIST PARTY TO BEAR IN MIND BEFORE DOING ANY ADVENTURE......Russia is not reached where US was in the 1980s..And we can all agree on the fact that Russia is still 2 generations ahead of China in defence technology.

The Cold War between China is US is not even in its embryonic stage....and Bear in mind US has fought 2 HUUGE World Wars and a COLD War all of which it won hands down....how can somebody even try to compare with a country WHERE EVERY 13th PERSON IN THE WORLD WANTS TO SETTLE and has the HIGHEST NUMBER OF CHINESE IMMIGRANTS IN IT......You desperate to go to a Nation whose destruction you Plan....

In Fact I openly ACCEPT THAT i DREAM OF MY COUNTRY BECOMING ALMOST LIKE THE UNITED STATES where social justice freedom of speech and respect for life prevails....

Ok....the China should produce approx 20 such missiles to sink 15 odd carriers in the world costing $50 billions :hitwall:

ACC being double hull will need much more explosive than what Brahmos can carry..
Brahmosr relies on speed generated Kinetic energy than explosive itself..
After hitting the outer sking the missile will disintegrate and wont make much effect on the inner skin of the ACC

It has the explosive war head. The Kinetic energy you are talking about comes into picture when the missile got intercepted.

There is a thing called free media which doesnt wait for orders from the Home ministry to publish/discuss things in Free countries.

Besides i think you have been used to Xinhua news agency telling about the "Glorious achievements of the Communist Party and How even United states has been overpowered"

FACT IS We all here are too ignorant to realise the Institutional capacity of United States.The ASAT weapon which China flaunted in 2007 from the ground United States had already retired 2 generations of that.....PLEASE TELL THE COMMUNIST PARTY TO BEAR IN MIND BEFORE DOING ANY ADVENTURE......Russia is not reached where US was in the 1980s..And we can all agree on the fact that Russia is still 2 generations ahead of China in defence technology.

The Cold War between China is US is not even in its embryonic stage....and Bear in mind US has fought 2 HUUGE World Wars and a COLD War all of which it won hands down....how can somebody even try to compare with a country WHERE EVERY 13th PERSON IN THE WORLD WANTS TO SETTLE and has the HIGHEST NUMBER OF CHINESE IMMIGRANTS IN IT......You desperate to go to a Nation whose destruction you Plan....

In Fact I openly ACCEPT THAT i DREAM OF MY COUNTRY BECOMING ALMOST LIKE THE UNITED STATES where social justice freedom of speech and respect for life prevails....

The US definitely has the world's most advanced military but that is not the only decisive factor during a war. Besides, it didn't win the the last world war on its own, if it was not for the USSR the Nazis would still be ruling the world. If you don't agree go through the history of the Second World War once more and especially the history of the eastern front. You have too much respect for the american military power. The US couldn't win the Vietnam war, now it faces failure in Afghanistan and all that while it has the world' best military. Considering the fact that the US spends around $800 billion annually in defence sector it could hardly be a surprise that it has the world's best equipped military. Even the best equipped military cannot guarantee victory in war if the population is not behind it, if the soldiers have low morale, if the adversary has better strategy, if the geography or economy doesn't favour.

Back
Top Bottom