What's new

China’s border row with India has misfired, says regional security expert

Wrong again .... the current Republic of India was created in 1947, not in 1800s !!!

(And PRC was actually created 2 years later, in 1949... USA as a "country" with current form of goverment existed before both Republic of India and People's Republic of China).

It is the civilisations which existed through the ancient times, not "nation states".

And off course, in geographical terms as used in history, any reference to India implicitly includes the geographical area now under the countries of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The oldest surviving religion in the world (Hinduism) has roots going as back as the Indus Valley Civilisation which worshipped Shiva. Rig Vega was written more than 1500 years before Christ was born, and more than 2200 years before Mohammad.

Just by having artificial borders created on land, don't wipe out the shared history of India (and the current Pakistan and Bangladesh).

Type of goverments keep changing ... but that alone is insufficient to wipe out historical legacy of civilisations.

Anyway, its not my job to keep educating ignoramuses like yourself on forums like this. Please feel free to remain so.

Actually, India with a concept of a unified country existed before independent. That is how your founding fathers know about declare independence from Britain and stay together. If they don't know that, they would go back to the old princely states to make up their countries in Indian subcontinent.

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that India subcontinent has its own indigenous religion. It further advanced the fact that India subcontinent is a geographical express, and not a country, as how Winston Churchill expressed it.

As for other countries like China and USA, their history is totally different from that of India and we cannot compare apples and oranges.

Actually, India with a concept of a unified country existed before independent. That is how your founding fathers know about declare independence from Britain and stay together. If they don't know that, they would go back to the old princely states to make up their countries in Indian subcontinent.

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that India subcontinent has its own indigenous religion. It further advanced the fact that India subcontinent is a geographical express, and not a country, as how Winston Churchill expressed it.

As for other countries like China and USA, their history is totally different from that of India and we cannot compare apples and oranges.

Thanks for acknowledging your stupidity once again.

There is a famous saying, "Bhais ke aage been bajane se koi fayda nahin". :laugh:

I don't agree the notion that India was divided as India never existed prior to the British invasion. There is also no concept of "foreign" vs "domestic" as this imply that there is a kingdom or empire called India.

As for who come close to united all India before the British came over, it would be Mughals. The Mughals emperor actually claimed to be the emperor of the whole Hindustan. Did the Mughals regard countries such as Maratha or Sikhs rebels?

Mughals had a chance as a foreign element but they were also fiercely resisted numerous times. Ahom completely destroyed their invading forces numeorus times. The Mughals never defeated the South. Even whenever they did conquer localities, the Muslims were facing continous guerilla resistance. They could not consolidate many areas due to this.

The Sikh's future is completely left up to speculation but considering how they were a major force to reckon with, it is not hard to see what would have happened. The Marathas were quite successful in defeating the Mughals.

In my post I mentioned Ashoka and the Maurya Empire. They united a complete India that spaned a few present day nations. Seeing how you completely ignored that FACT and kept up with your BS, it has exposed you for what you are.....a troll.

Mughals had a chance as a foreign element but they were also fiercely resisted numerous times. Ahom completely destroyed their invading forces numeorus times. The Mughals never defeated the South. Even whenever they did conquer localities, the Muslims were facing continous guerilla resistance. They could not consolidate many areas due to this.

The Sikh's future is completely left up to speculation but considering how they were a major force to reckon with, it is not hard to see what would have happened. The Marathas were quite successful in defeating the Mughals.

In my post I mentioned Ashoka and the Maurya Empire. They united a complete India that spaned a few present day nations. Seeing how you completely ignored that FACT and kept up with your BS, it has exposed you for what you are.....a troll.

Did Ashoka's empire rule India at its present form for 2000 years? Is it even 200 years? Actually, it was less than 200 years. And he never made the claim to be the emperor of India as India never existed at that time. He was conquering the whole subcontinent for himself. Just like Napoleon, did he conquer Europe for himself, the French empire, or for the nation called Europe? Think about this one before you try to associate Ashoka with India?

But the history books of India must have associated Ashoka with today's India. That is completely wrong and brain washing. This goes in the same line of denying Aryans ever invaded India, which was proven by historical evidence.

It took the British to unite these little Hindu kingdoms into one state. I always feel British rule was the best thing that happened to Indian civilization. Churchill was so correct when he said:

"I hate Indians. They are BEASTLY people with a beastly religion" - Winston Churchill

The great man knew what Indians are like. Indians should feel honoured to be even mentioned by the great Winston Churchill.

In the OP, and I quote "an Indian security expert"

hahahahahaha

Is there such a thing?

hahahahahhahahaha

India was actually taken over, it's sovereignty threatened, did the Princely states, bind together? No I'm afraid, it takes far more than Threats to bind nations together. It takes leaders and people who are willing to be team players.

It's a lot harder than it sounds, you been in teams I assume?

Not a very knowledgeable question.

hahahahahaha

Is there such a thing?

hahahahahhahahaha

midnight express is running

hahahahahaha

Is there such a thing?

hahahahahhahahaha

hahahahahaha

Is there such a thing?

hahahahahhahahaha

China’s three-week border stand-off during April in Ladakh, in Indian-administered Kashmir, had misfired, an Indian security expert told a forum in Manila, saying Beijing’s move galvanised Indian leaders into finally sealing an historic security deal with Japan.

The dispute strained ties between the nuclear-armed neighbours, but both sides pulled troops back ahead of a visit to New Delhi by Premier Li Keqiang, who agreed to fresh talks to settle their long-running border row.
[India could help provide] security architecture in the region to restrain China

Retired army major general Vinod Saighal, saw the subsequent India-Japan deal last month as possibly a signal that Japan and India were in the process of setting themselves up as the linchpin of a new security system in Asia, that could attract Vietnam, the Philippines, South Korea and Myanmar.

He said Australia and Indonesia would also be viewing it favourably.

“The US had been pushing India in this direction as part of its rebalancing strategy. After the US used the term Indo-Pacific, Australia and Japan have embraced it,” he said.

Saighal, who wrote Restructuring South Asian Security, was speaking at a forum on “India’s expanding maritime interests in Southeast Asia” at the University of the Philippines Asian Centre.

Saighal said India could help provide “a security architecture in the region to restrain China so that the cost of aggression would be much too heavy. If you have that architecture in place, China will not attempt anything”.

Saighal said India was in a position to contribute to that set-up, citing a recent successful underwater maiden test firing of a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from a submarine in the Bay of Bengal.

He hinted at its implication in disputes over the South China Sea. “There is cautious talk in some strategic circles that were India to provide the BrahMos missile to Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines, it has the potential to become a game changer.”

He said India’s role would be to restrain China “from dreaming its new-fangled dream in a manner that conflict breaks out in the region”. He described mainland China’s dream as a “dynamic expansion model” fuelled by fast economic growth and a desire to push beyond its core interests in Taiwan, Tibet and Xinjiang – and into India’s Arunachal Pradesh province, most of the South China Sea, and the Diaoyu islands, which Japan calls the Senkakus.

Saighal noted that a white paper on defence, that China issued in April, for the first time in many years omits the promise that China will never be the first to use nuclear weapons.

A senior Philippine navy official said India and the Philippines had developed a “relationship where the Philippine navy now sends [to India] some of its officers to train in … anti-submarine warfare”.

Commodore Caesar Taccad, deputy commander of the Philippine navy, agreed that India could potentially complement the US as a regional stabiliser and become the “friendly partner” that the Philippines and other “Southeast Asian countries which suffer China’s aggressiveness in the South China” are looking for. But Taccad said that China was likely to retaliate if India waded into the South China Sea dispute.

Philippine coastguard Captain Rudyard Somera said India had the third largest naval force in Asia and if it collaborated with Japan, their combined forces would pose a credible challenge to Chinese forces.

The Philippines sent a fresh batch of marines and supplies to a shoal in the disputed South China Sea, where a Chinese warship and surveillance vessels appeared last month and triggered a new stand-off, Philippine Defence Secretary Voltaire Gazmin said yesterday.

The marines replaced troops at the Second Thomas Shoal, locally known as Ayungin Shoal. They are stationed in a decrepit military hospital ship that ran aground in 1999. It has since become an awkward symbol of Philippine sovereignty.

China's border row with India has misfired, says regional security expert | South China Morning Post

Honestly speaking, these kind of article is just for appeasing out Indian audience...We are a nation who does not have the guts tell the truth too the nation....So whatelse can we expect for our GOV to do?Fact is that we are a nation without any direction...Here the prime factor that drive our nation is who can beat Hindu people to max extent so that that GOV can more secular....For sake of saying themselves as secular our GOV can sell itself off to anyone....In a nation where people like Lalu,Mulayam and all these BS regional leaders drive the national interest so what else do you expect can happen???...I am now really started to get surprised why not the NE people will one day say that we will separated and be an independent nation rather than a pathetic nation like us...

This kind post is really another indicator how much we are not ready to accept the truth..Beleive me, without development and money power, no one in this world will allign against China....That is a reality..even USA and Japan too....So rather than boosting unnecessary ego that does not have any basis Gov should focous on development of the nation rather than just debating on how much f**ing secular India is...

I don't agree the notion that India was divided as India never existed prior to the British invasion. There is also no concept of "foreign" vs "domestic" as this imply that there is a kingdom or empire called India.

As for who come close to united all India before the British came over, it would be Mughals. The Mughals emperor actually claimed to be the emperor of the whole Hindustan. Did the Mughals regard countries such as Maratha or Sikhs rebels?

What a pity a few thousand historians did not get your instructions in time.

^^^
^^^^
^^^^^^
Mr. President, it's getting old. Don't you think?

Be a bit more creative.

Though midnight Express is a great movie. After a few weeks, it's time to change the picture.

Try something like Deep Throat. Terminator II, The Devil in Mrs Jones.

^^^
^^^^
^^^^^^
Mr. President, it's getting old. Don't you think?

Be a bit more creative.

Though midnight Express is a great movie. After a few weeks, it's time to change the picture.

Try something like Deep Throat. Terminator II, The Devil in Mrs Jones.

you have tell me your connection with midnight express first..an american in turkey is what was shown in that movie..how do you fit in that picture:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom