What's new

China, Russia defend Pakistan against Trump criticism

cocomo

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China, Russia defend Pakistan against Trump criticism

l_225691_015645_updates.jpg

KARACHI: In a fast changing geo-political scenario, Pakistan find itself in a strong position after US President Donald Trump's scathing comments against Islamabad in Afghan policy statement earlier this week.

Trump, unveiling his Afghanistan strategy this week, said Pakistan was playing a double game by accepting American aid while giving safe haven to “Agents of chaos” who kill Afghan and NATO troops.

Soon after Trump’s criticism, China issued a strong message defending Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan and asked the global community to acknowledge Islamabad’s sacrifices in war against terrorism.

Reinforcing its stance, China's top diplomat Yang Jiechi in a phone call told US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to ‘value Pakistan's role in Afghanistan and respect its security concerns’.

"We must value Pakistan's important role on the Afghanistan issue, and respect Pakistan's sovereignty and reasonable security concerns," Chinese media quoted Yang as saying.

Russia echoed a similar sentiment. Russian Presidential Envoy to Afghanistan Zamir Kabulov lambasted Trump’s Pakistan strategy and insisted that Islamabad isa key regional player to negotiate with.

Putting pressure [on Pakistan] may seriously destabilize the region-wide security situation and result in negative consequences for Afghanistan,” the Russian presidential envoy to Kabul said.

Pakistan is mulling a formal response to Trump’s statement and new Afghan policy in a high-level security meeting at the Prime Minister House.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/225691-China-Russia-defend-Pakistan-against-Trump-criticism

Trump is looking more like Indian PM than President of US who thinks getting tough on Pakistan will earn him support at home. He needs to understand the sensitivity of his words and the strategic situation of South Asia.
But one thing is sure the more you listen to Indians the more you lose honer and credibility.

we russia and china now we only need the EU with us then trump can go in modi's gand.

US has already further angered Moscow with support to Ukraine on their Independence Day. US also agitating China with its support of Tiawan and further threats against North Korea. Looks like Trump wants to take on the world. Only last week Trump threatened to intervene in the current chaos in Venezuela.

It's interesting to see Russia voice to support Pakistan, the sour grape India is silience on their formal ally to support Pakistan :lol:, the more India get closer to US, the more Russia will get closer to China and Pakistan, to Russia is pretty clear : be friend with my enemy shall be my enemy and enemy of the one cozy with US shall be my friend.:p:

US and India are irrelevant countries that has no border connection to Afghanistan, Both are so desperate to use money and military to influence Afghanistan, they will not last long while Pakistan and China has direct border, we can use minimum effort to keep our good relation with Afghanistan endure. With CPEC Pakistan and China should join hand to draw Afghanistan into our orbit. I see a bright future for all of our 3 nations.:pakistan:

we kick balls licking is what Pakistan is good at.
The hell you kick, ha ha. Earlier you used to lick USSR's balls and your new master is USA. Whole world knows it. I saw myself on TV when Mr Modi (the MUNAFIQ) ran towards TRump and embraced him like a long lost brother (in total violation of diplomatic norms) and Trump was like flabbergasted on this clown.

It's interesting to see Russia voice to support Pakistan, the sour grape India is silience on their formal ally to support Pakistan :lol:, the more India get closer to US, the more Russia will get closer to China and Pakistan, to Russia is pretty clear : be friend with my enemy shall be my enemy and enemy of the one cozy with US shall be my friend.:p:

US and India are irrelevant countries that has no border connection to Afghanistan, Both are so desperate to use money and military to influence Afghanistan, they will not last long while Pakistan and China has direct border, we can use minimum effort to keep our good relation with Afghanistan endure. With CPEC Pakistan and China should join hand to draw Afghanistan into our orbit. I see a bright future for all of our 3 nations.:pakistan:
Afghan's biggest problem is money. They will act friendly to USA and India as long as they pump dollars in Afghanistan. The day it stops USA and India will be enemies. If China and Russia start sending the money then Afghans will lick their boots. USA and India have no long term future in Afghanistan as they dont share borders. India's investments will be lost for ever.

Back
Top Bottom