What's new

China revealed that a new generation of rifles[05-style assault rifles]

cross1993

Reaction score
1297901362_1.jpg

1102171033ba97b5adbbf0b3d5.jpg

266565ecbb985a6e279791c5.jpg

It's not bull-pup like your standard assault rifle?

no it doesnt, it uses type-03 5.8mm assault rifle as the platform for this weapon's small caliber part. what im really interested is the 20mm caliber part. as long as i know one of the reasons U.S had declined the OICW weapon system was that the 20mm motar caliber technology wasnt leathal and practical enough in future infantry combact situation!

Please post more pictures. The second picture isnt loading for me... I like what I see...

My bad, thought it was yet another SCAR copy.
Turned out to be another OICW reincarnation. Whether the concept is practical remains to be seem.

looks futuristic, any idea about its effective range?
I was expecting a bull-pup rifle since many modern military are adopting that design.
From the 2nd left most pic, it looks like there's a bit impression of HK g36

looks futuristic, any idea about its effective range?
I was expecting a bull-pup rifle since many modern military are adopting that design.
From the 2nd left most pic, it looks like there's a bit impression of HK g36

In that picture it does but in any other picture it looks like a fattened type 03. I think it was the partially white gloves he was wearing matching the background which makes it seem like there is a space there. You can see there is none

Cross 1993 if you can change the title to "Chinese OICW for export" it would get a lot more responses. If you can't you can always start a new thread and ask the mods to move the posts there.

The problem is the wisdom of adopting a concept of questionable utility: it's a waste of money.

The problem with previous OICWs was its weight, price, and lack of ruggedness. They have solved at least two of those problems.

Weight: around 5 kg. This weight is not too heavy compared to the 6.1 kg K-11 and 6.8 kg xm29

Price: should be much cheaper than previous OICW simply on the merit it is produced in China. However I doubt it'll cost below 3000 dollars. While cheap compared to the 14000 dollar K 11 or 25000 dollar xm 25 it will still be much more expensive than the type 95 or type 03.

ruggedness: the problem with OICWs is the delicate electronic sights. The type 05 looks to have less advanced but more rugged sights.

If its a waste of money at least its not your money.

My opinion is it could be used for spec ops or one could be in each squad.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom