What's new

China Offers US$ 200 Million Military Aid to Sri Lanka

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
China Offers US$ 200 Million Military Aid to Sri Lanka

A Supplementary Contract Agreement was signed to construct a teaching hospital for the General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, today (04 April) at the Defence Ministry premises.

The agreement was signed between the Vice Chancellor of the KDU Major General Milinda Peiris and Mr. Wang Xingye, Vice President of Poly Technologies Inc. of China in the presence of Secretary Defence Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa.

The 202 million US dollar project will be funded and the Chinese state owned company will carry out the construction work. Once completed the 704 bed fully fledged hospital complex will boast of state of the art medical facilities that are on par with international standards. In addition the multimillion dollar teaching hospital will be a complete eco friendly facility. The project is expected to be complete in two years.

Founded in 1981 as a Defence Academy, KDU was elevated to the level of a university in 1986 with the distinctive mission of ensuring a superior quality learner-centered education through academic and professional programmes combined with practical research across many disciplines in the field of defence for its students both local and foreign.

The government had also decided to increase the number of scholarships awarded to foreign cadets to the KDU in the south asian region. Cadets who enter the KDU receive world class training in their chosen field of study and the new facility will not only help them to amass specialized knowledge and training but also give them an opportunity to serve the people as well.

Established in 2009, the Faculty of Medicine of the KDU is the only national military medical institution of higher education in Sri Lanka. The faculty is responsible for training and graduation of military medical students. The MBBS course is conducted by well experienced academic and medical professionals. With the completion of the teaching hospital the faculty will be well equipped with ultra modern facilities for teaching, training, service and medical research.

Furthermore it will provide tertiary care facilities to the general public and service personnel while training both undergraduate and post graduate military medical students.

KDU_20130404_03_p7.jpg

KDU_20130404_03_p3.jpg

KDU_20130404_03_p6.jpg

KDU_20130404_03_p2.jpg

KDU to get new multimillion dollar Teaching Hospital

Chinese Vice Minister pays courtesy call to Secretary Defence

A six member Chinese delegation headed by Mr. Zhou Qing paid a courtesy call to Secretary Defence today (03 April) at the Ministry premises.

Mr. Zhou Qing is the Vice Minister of the Ministry of State Security of the People's Republic of China.

During the meeting, a cordial discussion was held between Secretary Defence and Mr. Zhou Qing on matters of bilateral interest.

Mementoes were exchanged between Secretary Defence and the visiting Chinese Vice Minister to mark the occasion.

Chinese_Vice_Minister_pays_courtesy_call_to_Secretary_Defence_20130403_06p2.jpg

Chinese_Vice_Minister_pays_courtesy_call_to_Secretary_Defence_20130403_06p3.jpg

Chinese_Vice_Minister_pays_courtesy_call_to_Secretary_Defence_20130403_06p4.jpg

Chinese_Vice_Minister_pays_courtesy_call_to_Secretary_Defence_20130403_06p1.jpg

Chinese Vice Minister pays courtesy call to Secretary Defence

202 million US dollar project will be funded and the Chinese state owned company will carry out the construction work

Lke they do in Pakistan. They won't hire the local people/ companies- the money, most of it goes back to China. it gets worse on civilian projects. They build it, they fund it, they ask for high interest, they then charge you royalty fee for decades on top of the loan terms, they won't hire but Chinese companies and in many cases they even bring their own from low level supervisor and above to work on the site. Clever if they can get away with it i.e. are allowed to do so by these countries.

Chinese State Security Vice Minister visits SLN Dockyard

Vice Minister of the Ministry of State Security of China, Mr. Zhou Qing and his deligation visited SLN Dockyard in Trincomalee on 02nd April 2013. The delegation was provided with a harbour cruise as well as an opportunity to visit the Naval Museum during their visit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

http://www.navy.lk | Chinese State Security Vice Minister visits SLN Dockyard

Lke they do in Pakistan. They won't hire the local people/ companies- the money, most of it goes back to China. it gets worse on civilian projects. They build it, they fund it, they ask for high interest, they then charge you royalty fee for decades on top of the loan terms, they won't hire but Chinese companies and in many cases they even bring their own from low level supervisor and above to work on the site. Clever if they can get away with it i.e. are allowed to do so by these countries.

Exactly brother, for the very same reason i'm against allowing any Chinese construction company for bidding in any construction projects in India.

Vice Minister of State Security of China Visits SLAF Academy China Bay

Mr. Zhou Quing the Vice Minister of State Security of the People’s Republic of China along with a five member delegation visited Trincomalee as a part of their official visit to Sri Lanka. The delegation, visited the city of Trincomalee on 2nd and 3rd April 2013 and the SLAF Academy China Bay hosted them during this visit. The delegation also experienced the serene beauty of SLAF Resort Marble Beach during their stay at Trincomalee.

1.jpg

26.jpg

3.jpg

16.jpg

Vice Minister of State Security of People

China's overseas workers is 4million, while India is 5 million, .........India is the first overseas remittance for many years
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corpora...-to-india-at-record-63-6-bn-world-bank-302991

Chinese with pocket full of money

If local labor were as much a point of concern for the SL side as it is to you, a concern-trolling spectator with no stake in the issue, I'm sure they could have reneged on the deal. But evidently, there's such a pressing need for this assistance that they're willing to overlook this minor quibble. There must be a force so ominous and threatening in their backyard for them to be so desperate for this military infrastructure.

It seems Port Trinco will be China's naval base...

Congrats to Lanka, but I hope they know that this so called aid comes with a lot of strings attached, just like the Chinese are doing/done in Africa and Pakistan they are going to bend you guys over the barrel and rape you until you are a dead carcass. Good thing now is that the people in Africa are starting to see the truth but its all too late. China has even funded civil wars in Africa to make sue they kill each other, don't believe me just search on Google.

If local labor were as much a point of concern for the SL side as it is to you, a concern-trolling spectator with no stake in the issue, I'm sure they could have reneged on the deal. But evidently, there's such a pressing need for this assistance that they're willing to overlook this minor quibble. There must be a force so ominous and threatening in their backyard for them to be so desperate for this military infrastructure.

Hog wash and typical Chinese hubris. You know that there lies no option for the govt in this matter i.e. want us to fund it, then we will not hire your local companies. then it becomes a catch 22 for these countries that want the funds. There are no such strings attached when the US gives aid or India. Both of them when giving aid or funding projects do not stipulate as such. Mind you I stated clearly in so many words that if you China can extrapolate such a deal- more power to you.

If you( host countries that get deals from China) willing to get loan sharked then it is on the host country and not china. Concern trolling is pretending I care about those hosts. I don't - rather marvel at the fact that host countries are dumb enough to be loan sharked- and , yes, I don't shy away from pointing that out as I did here.

China's overseas workers is 4million, while India is 5 million, .........India is the first overseas remittance for many years
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corpora...-to-india-at-record-63-6-bn-world-bank-302991

you missed the point, the boat and everything in-between about my post. this was not about remittance . really , read decipher comprehend please before you post.

It seems Port Trinco will be China's naval base...

Hopefully we can cooperate to keep India contained. I think we must include Pakistan, Bangladesh and Maldives in our alliance. I think we might station some of our newer type 052D destroyers in Port Trinco.
We will keep Sri Lanka protected from the radicals in New Delhi.

Back
Top Bottom