What's new

China may have F-22 rival by 2018

20 times more advanced stealth...
I wonder what that means??!!

:undecided:

20 times more describes the number of stealth fighters, not the actual stealth capabilities. I thought the sentence was quite clear.

20 times more describes the number of stealth fighters, not the actual stealth capabilities. I thought the sentence was quite clear.

Simply American expect 20 American F-22's for every 1 J-XX (if those are still the planes around then)

Then again this sentence is not so clear, how can he know the number of j xx in 2020??!! I know it is all speculation, but I hate when people start to give numbers derived from their imagination. Numbers means solid knowledge, not speculation.

Then again this sentence is not so clear, how can he know the number of j xx in 2020??!! I know it is all speculation, but I hate when people start to give numbers derived from their imagination. Numbers means solid knowledge, not speculation.

If you go by solid knowledge alone you'll come to the ludicrous conclusion that China has 0 J-10B prototypes and only started producing J-10s in 2006. Although I am, by all means, against fanboyish b.s. I do believe that educated guesses do come in handy when you are dealing with Chinese defence.

If you go by solid knowledge alone you'll come to the ludicrous conclusion that China has 0 J-10B prototypes and only started producing J-10s in 2006. Although I am, by all means, against fanboyish b.s. I do believe that educated guesses do come in handy when you are dealing with Chinese defence.

I guess thats true. I am actually hardwired by my teachers, guesses don't come with numbers..

US intelligence officer says China may have F-22 rival by 2018 because US Armed Forces want more fund!

The biggest rival of F-22 is not China's future J-XX but the Congress.:rofl:

If the funding is allotted, the same armed forces would say F22 has no rival!

lol !this is not a speculation.their has a official speech from airforce commander who said we will equip it(yes it is equip not only have it )8-10 years later .we all know that for China military it will more early equip than Publicly announced .and the material engine all on the way.China research it since 80's.it is 30 years ago.

Guys,

China doesnot even have a 3.5 th generation engine at this times---. In order to compete with F22---they need an engine---it doesnot look like they would have anything for another 10---15 years coming close to that.

Guys,

China doesnot even have a 3.5 th generation engine at this times---. In order to compete with F22---they need an engine---it doesnot look like they would have anything for another 10---15 years coming close to that.

Just FYI China's generation classification system is different from that of the U.S. 3rd generation in China is the same as 4th generation in the U.S. and I agree that the 4th generation J-10 represents the peak of Chinese fighter technology right now. We still have a long way to go.

Guys,

Oh you must be privy to something that the PLAAF and this US report is not.

Are you a betting man?

Just FYI China's generation classification system is different from that of the U.S. 3rd generation in China is the same as 4th generation in the U.S. and I agree that the 4th generation J-10 represents the peak of Chinese fighter technology right now. We still have a long way to go.

Mastankhan is talking about better 'Made in China' engine not aircraft.:undecided:

Well American intelligence can say that but the pseudo defense analysts we have on PDF are more resourceful so their stance will remain unchanged; "NO WAY" China is 50 years behind!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Considering the level of progress it has already made and the pace at which it is going, 15 years could be a more realistic number than 50. Russia is said to be a decade behind USA, do you think China will be 40 years behind Russia? If so India should be 80 years behind Russia? Noup!

Country as a whole may be but areas which are essential for National's existance are covered many times faster than others. Have we not achieved good deal of progress in defence sector while country in general is not anywhere near such benchmark?

A solar-powered spy plane that flies non-stop for 5 yrs

LONDON: The US military will soon have a new solar-powered unmanned spy aircraft that can fly non-stop for more than five years.

The aircraft, called SolarEagle, which is being built by Boeing is designed in such a way that it can soar in the upper atmosphere for years, constantly sending surveillance and intelligence information back to the ground.

The US military has already given Boeing an $89-million contract to develop a SolarEagle demonstrator which will make its first flight in 2014, the Daily Mail reported. During test flights, the SolarEagle will remain in the upper atmosphere for 30 days, harvesting solar energy during the day that will be used to provide power through the night, it said.

The aircraft will have highly efficient electric motors and propellers along with a 400-foot wing for increased solar power and aerodynamic performance. The developer is also working on a fighter-sized, unmanned, advanced-technology demonstrator called Phantom Ray, set to make its first flight in 2011.

A solar-powered spy plane that flies non-stop for 5 yrs - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom