What's new

China Indonesia Sign High-Speed Rail Deal Today

Shotgunner51

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
China to Build $5 Billion High-Speed Rail Line in Indonesia - Bloomberg Business
China, Indonesia sign $5.5 bn high-speed rail deal - Yahoo News
China, Indonesia sign $5.5 billion high-speed rail deal - The Economic Times

china-indonesia-sign-5-5-billion-high-speed-rail-deal.jpg

The high-speed train route will cover eight stations from Jakarta to Bandung, and the train will travel at around 250 kilometres an hour.

Looks to me a Joint Venture (JV) deal, that's far more sophisticated than Sales & Purchase (S&P). My guess is this JV (equity half-half?) get BOT rights from government, purchase/imports some tech from CNNC, produce some locally, and operates for certain years. The JV is going to sign more BOT rights am I correct? That makes CNNC a co-investor in the whole thing from build to operate. Any more details from Indonesian bros?

yes this will be a joint venture between Indonesian State Owned Enterprise and Chinese one

Thanks! Just than I am interested in the deal design. I believe a JV is good for domestic business development, it's reasonable to award new BOT rights to the same entity for its experience/skills, human resources, economy of scale, financial resources, good design from Indonesian POV! Good for China too, got a good partner who knows the way around, and the equity in the JV could be a good strategic asset. Win-win design.

For CNNC, now Indonesian economy, currency stability, are utmost importance! All the best bros!

Last edited:
Well done & Congrats to Indonesia, as 1st CRH(China Railway High Speed) customer should be offered the best-quality of construction services from China. :tup:

BTW the 250 kilometres an hour, should upto 300km/h as same as now China high-speed railway running.
crh02.jpg

Last edited:
Construction of Jakarta-Bandung Railway to Start Nov. 9i
Jakarta.Construction of a new railway line between Jakarta and Bandung is set to begin early next month, an official said on Friday.

The $5.5 billion projectis a joint venture between China Railway International and a consortium of Indonesian state-owned companies, called Pilar Sinergi BUMN Indonesia (PSBI).

Sahala Lumban Gaol, the chairman of the joint venture and an adviser to the minister for state-owned enterprises, said work on the medium-speed railway line would begin on Nov. 9, with the project expected to be finished by the end of 2018 and commuter services to commence in the first quarter of 2019.

The PSBI will hold a 60 percent stake in the joint venture, while China Railway International, which will hold the rest, will fund 75 percent of the project.

Sahala reiterated the government’s line that the project would not rely on any state funding, with financing already agreed on under a business-to-business scheme.

He said the project would boost the economy in the areas through which the railway line will cut.

“We will develop locations where stations will be placed for the Jakarta-Bandung corridor,” he said.

The government had earlier proposed building a high-speed line between the two cities, with bids from China and Japan being considered. However, the administration of President Joko Widodo pulled a last-minute switch on the eve of announcing the bid winner, saying it was no longer interested in a high-speed line – much to the chagrin of the Japanese, who had already spent millions of dollars on a feasibility study for the project.

While analysts have welcomed the scrapping of the high-speed project – the 150-kilometer distance between Jakarta and Bandung would mean the train would never reach anywhere near its top speed – they have also questioned the need for a medium speed line, given that there is already a train service between the cities, as well as a toll road.
Construction of Jakarta-Bandung Railway to Start Nov. 9 | Jakarta Globe

@Shotgunner51 Thanks for tagging me. Now I am in a township 4100m above the sea level, I'll make my reply short, pls forgive me.
屏幕快照 2015-10-16 21.34.49.png

@madokafc
Great news for both countries, especially for Indonesian who will enjoy the transport of the 21st century.
Hope it won't be the only line, a network is required for a mature high-speed railway network.

Now CRRC is manufacturing the new standardised CRH350 trainset, easy to maintain and much more comfortable than previous models.
Two prototypes of Standardised CRH350 are officially launched today
China-designed train will replace older, foreign models
18788121394_c2c2c3e8e6_o.jpg
7c1fcccfjw1etmcdpns93j20rs0ijtcz.jpg
19223049188_6990b775a6_o.jpg

I'm off now.
Mild headache from altitude sickness.

Sorry, guys, I'm off from PDF for some days.
Got to save energy, I don't even have the energy for bathing today, 4100m Litang County, so cold.
Tomorrow, heading further deep to Yading Reserve, will hike on mountains nearly 5000m above the sea level.
Again, congrats to Indonesia and China.
006e6UUEjw1ewdh69mhv0j30sg0l0tbz.jpg
006e6UUEjw1ew7krbp65zj31kw156wsd.jpg
006e6UUEjw1ew9x5ljxafj30sg0kcn43.jpg

006e6UUEgw1ewjg16f0loj30sg0hkadn.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom