What's new

China-India Geopolitics: News & Discussions

Not a healthy sign when India exports resources as iron ore, gems and diamonds and imports Chinese finished products and other manufactured goods. The Chinese benefits 10 times more from trades.

Not a healthy sign when India exports resources as iron ore, gems and diamonds and imports Chinese finished products and other manufactured goods. The Chinese benefits 10 times more from trades.
One exports what one can offer.
You don't expect them to export tunnel bearing machines to China, but they need TBMs, which China can manufacture.

Very interesting... By the end of the year, China will be 45 Billions in surplus viz a viz India. Expecting 30% profit margins, China can launch at least one MMRCA type project out of Indian money every year :angel:

China is world factory.
International trade is determined by fundamental economic structure and currency exchange rate. Despite the fact that China sustains trade surpluses with almost all economies (so no need to single out India), it's no less important to note that billions of bilateral deficits still exist with four smaller "factories" (Taiwan, SK, Japan, Germany), China should strive to overcome this extremely stringent challenge.

The trade with India will always be in favor of China. China is world factory.

I do not see how Indians can strengthen their standing in near future.
China is also the biggest market for nearly all the physical products.

2015-2017国际各地区手机销量.png

I get your point, I did not feel offended.
I don't mean China. You suck resources from others and sell manufactured goods in return. You can admit Xi Jinping's silkroad is meant to cement the trend.

I don't mean China. You suck resources from others and sell manufactured goods in return. You can admit Xi Jinping's silkroad is meant to cement the trend.
To india, easy money from resources , why not?
No need for skilled labour, no need for R&D, no need for continuous human effort....
Every country has different role on this world, you don't expect every country to nurture a drone company like DJI.
In terms of subway car manufacturing, no more than 10 companies dominate 99% of the global market, then the rest of the world are just losers?

The trade with India will always be in favor of China. China is world factory.

I do not see how Indians can strengthen their standing in near future.

The same can be said about China some decades ago. Then, China exports a lot of raw resources to other developed countries, including Japan. Even today, China is still exporting raw resources, like rare earth material.

As India's industries develops it will start to use more of its own raw resources. In the mean time it is smart to trade excess material for money.

The same can be said about China some decades ago. Then, China exports a lot of raw resources to other developed countries, including Japan. Even today, China is still exporting raw resources, like rare earth material.

As India's industries develops it will start to use more of its own raw resources. In the mean time it is smart to trade excess material for money.
Not every country has the same fate.
China has DJI today, no such company 2 decades ago. But by logics you can't assume another country will have a same DJI 2 decades later.

No need for skilled labour, no need for R&D, no need for continuous human effort....
Every country has different role on this world, you don't expect every country to nurture a drone company like DJI.
In terms of subway car manufacturing, no more than 10 companies dominate 99% of the global market, then the rest of the world are just losers?
nothing against easy money. hey I like it too. the problem what to do when resources run out?

China is also the biggest market for nearly all the physical products.

View attachment 401914

This doesn't include ASP though.

Average selling price.

Westerners buy more expensive phones, so even if their volume in numbers will be lower the actual market value will be higher. Also in that case indias actual market value will be even lower.

But india like China in the past doesn't want that role. It will gradually shift or at least grow better in structure.

Also, this is already the case in some specific sectors. For example, India imports APIs from China and then exports formulated generics to the west. In this case india essentially is importing a pharmaceutical raw product from China.

Back
Top Bottom