What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

People in Hong Kong October 26 electrical illegal ” account in ” has lasted four weeks, Hong Kong and many roads are still occupied by protesters. All sectors of the public continue to be the signature of the way on the ” account ” on offense who express anger, expressed support for police enforcement. Despite the hacking and ” accounting ” on those nuisance, just a weekend for two days, ” but also the way to the people, to restore order and protect the rule of law ” to support the police big signature event has attracted 650,000 people attended, including on-site signature 550,000 the network signature 100,000. Signatures will be open until November 2.

HKSAR Chief Secretary for Administration, Mrs Carrie Lam, said today that she has been in the online signatures in support of “security accounts in the anti- election ” grand coalition launched a signature action. All Government political appointees, except for Justice is responsible for prosecutions outside, will be signed in support.

Signature action on the 25th night violent attacks by hackers, online signature platform can not run properly. Resume operation this morning, but still intermittent attacks, leading to the registered signature slow. Major League represents, IP addresses used by hackers to show in the United States and Europe. Attack did not penetrate inside the system, the public signature information has not been stolen. Alliance believes that similar despicable acts of brutal prejudice public freedom of speech, just to prove how weak the instigator rely conspiracy powerful means to respond to public opinion. In addition, Tai Wai rail stations and other on-site signature point, there are more than a dozen ” accounts of” who arrived interference.

Financial Secretary John Tsang said today blog, ” representing the ” who currently means, including occupation of roads, non-cooperation movement, contempt of court, etc. , and will definitely undermine the foundation of government operations and rule of law in Hong Kong. These damage once they come to Hong Kong’s new political paradigm, the impact will not be short-term, may cause long-term political instability.” The level of economic development, there is always ups and downs, even in the face of economic adversity in the past in Hong Kong, is still capable of turning anew, but efficient government and community-wide awareness of the rule of law, once destroyed, can repair, how to fix , you never know.”

University of Hong Kong Faculty of Law Professor Chen Hongyi on the 25th, “said accounting for the ” will of Hong Kong into the ” mutilation ” of the situation, worried by the gloom and doom of Hong Kong , and the history of the once glorious moment of cities decline.

(Original title : two days 650,000 Hong Kong citizens signatures against ” account in ” during which suffered hacker attacks)

Two days 650,000 signatures in Hong Kong accounted for in the meantime suffered anti- hacking | EN NEWS 163

10599505_853181514722670_578306494881145281_n.jpg

1504044_853181564722665_1736912815856716320_n.jpg

1381857_853181521389336_5710062204474566430_n.jpg

Anti Occupy Central residents call for return of law in HK

Organizers say this is just the start of a series of campaigns they plan to hold against the prolonged occupation of the streets, and say people are justified to ask for their roads and their freedoms back and for the return of law in Hong Kong.

The signature campaign is just one of the many programs organized to show the resentment over the prolonged occupation.

Meanwhile...

Gloria Tang Tsz-kei, better known by her stage name G.E.M., is a Hong Kong singer-songwriter, dancer, musician, and actress. She will be the first Chinese star to sing in outer space. After hours of theoretical training, she has finally changed into her space suit and is ready to fly. She poses for some photos wearing a space suit and with Chinese flag on her left arm, which got high praise from netizens. [Photo/Weibo]

10696206_986152224744266_1259115380029433197_n.jpg

Hong Kong's loud American defies pro-Beijing 'smear campaign'| Top News| Reuters

HONG KONG (Reuters) - China has often accused "foreign forces" of trying to destabilize free-wheeling Hong Kong during the current pro-democracy protests, with a garrulous expat American emerging as a key target of attack.

Mark Simon, the right-hand man of pro-democracy newspaper magnate Jimmy Lai, has moved his family out of Hong Kong for safety and has been pressed to deny that he is a U.S. spy.

But, in interviews with Reuters, Simon insists he will not let a "relentless smear campaign" force him out of his home in the Asian financial hub and he still has plenty of stomach for the fight.

Large, loud and avowedly Republican, the 50-year-old has been portrayed across pro-Beijing media as a CIA agent - a charge also thrown at student protest leader Joshua Wong and an independent academic pollster, Robert Chung.

He's also a proud Catholic - something that links him to Lai and many other prominent figures in the Hong Kong democracy struggle.

Simon described Lai as an instinctive backer of underdogs rather than an "egotist" who believes that he will single-handedly change China.

"Jimmy's instinct is to size up the weak, and to size up the strong, and then instinctively protect the weak," he said.

"We are Hong Kong guys and we are Catholics."

The former British colony of Hong Kong, which returned to Chinese rule in 1997, has witnessed a month of protests calling on the Beijing-backed government to keep its promise of introducing universal suffrage.

The protests have for the most part been peaceful, with occasional clashes between the student-led protesters and Beijing supporters seeking to move them from the streets. China has expressed dissatisfaction about what it sees as foreign interference in an internal issue.

Hong Kong leader Leung Chun-ying recently echoed Beijing's concerns that foreign forces were behind the protests, but said the time was not right to reveal the government's evidence.

"I DON'T LIKE BULLIES"

Simon, who stands a broad and heavy-set 1.9 meters, said he was unafraid about staying in Hong Kong. But he said that after his address was published on-line he felt it wise to send his wife and two children back to the United States, unsure of what "nut-jobs" would be willing to do to impress Communist Party leaders in Beijing.

"I have a good job, I have a great boss, I have huge responsibilities and I am not going to let a bunch of jackass commies impose things on me," Simon said.

"I just don't like bullies acting like this... If I was 25 years younger I would be walking in these guys' bars looking for them."

Earlier this year, hundreds of emails and documents were stolen in a hacking attack on Lai's Next Media operation, some of them detailing the magnate's extensive, and well known, funding of Hong Kong's democratic activists.

They were then leaked en masse to Hong Kong media, including pro-Beijing mouthpiece papers that have focused on Simon's alleged role.

Hong Kong's anti-corruption force, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, is also investigating after public complaints over specific funding to lawmakers. Both Simon's and Lai's homes have been searched.

Simon has been in Hong Kong since the early 1990s and has worked with Lai since 2000, working earlier on media and on-line projects and more recently helping manage his extensive non-media investments.

Of his portrayal in pro-Beijing media as an "international man of mystery", Simon links the allegations against him back to his four years as a young civilian in the U.S. Navy as an intelligence analyst scrutinizing submarine developments.

He has also made no secret of his Republican activism, or his extensive contacts in the U.S. Congress, some of whom he meets during visits to Hong Kong.

"You've got 20 percent of America that thinks Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen, OK, and in a place like Hong Kong you've got 30 percent of people who believe all this CIA stuff," he said.

He believes the U.S. government has no interest in meddling in Hong Kong but merely wants it to remain stable. And he doesn't believe China really thinks of him as a menace.

"If they really thought I was causing trouble, I wouldn't be here," he said. "They would have nailed me to the wall."

------------------------------------------------------------------

So after an entire article of fawning coverage of this 'democracy teddy-bear', Reuters finally concedes near the end that this teddy-bear was employed as an intelligence analyst for the US Navy, is closely connected to figures in the US congress, and is a partisan Republican.

What they conveniently neglected to mention is that Simon isn't even the most odious of Lai's associates. Lai is on intimate terms with Paul Wolfowitz, who helped him bribe the Myanmar Junta's leaders:

Former U.S. Officials Cash In on Myanmar

For those don't know, Wolfowitz is an arch-neocon, and the architect of the US invasion of Iraq. He orchestrated the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians.

I wonder is there is any limit to the depravity of Lai and other color revolution puppetmasters? Where does the rabbit hole end?

China should do without these Hong Konger catholics for inciting disloyalty to the motherland. Deport them off Chinese land.
The proper way is to have a Chinese version of 'Waco' incident. To make Christianity religion appear as a violent religion such as Islam. Staged timely violence is key.

There's no need to do anything, really. The damage has been done - the implication that this fat foreigner is a spy is as good as actual proof. Smear campaign or no. The longer Simon is seen associating with Jimmy Lai, the more Lai and, by extension, the "democracy movement" loses credibility.

It seems Chinese PR has been paying attention to Western PR tactics after all. When it comes to smear campaigns and false accusations, China has learned from the best. And in the interests of journalistic integrity, China can publish a weakly worded retraction 2 years from now on page 25 of the Apple Daily, right after the news story about how a pigeon pooped on a picture of the Queen of England. :yahoo:

The proper way is to have a Chinese version of 'Waco' incident. To make Christianity religion appear as a violent religion such as Islam. Staged timely violence is key.
I agree. I hope the Chinese government will act exactly the way you want. Blood is the only way.

"I have a good job, I have a great boss, I have huge responsibilities and I am not going to let a bunch of jackass commies impose things on me," Simon said.

Jackass Commies???

Mark Simon is more Pentagon NAZI than what you think.

That explain why so many anti-Chinese and White-worshiping narrative in HK media.

Free press is not about fooling the people, create hatred among human being and selling out the country.

"We are Hong Kong guys and we are Catholics."

Sorry, Mark Simon, but you are in HK.

Imagine if you are saying, we are Islamists and Communists in USA.

HK people is not as stupid as you are!

"I just don't like bullies acting like this... If I was 25 years younger I would be walking in these guys' bars looking for them."

I wonder... why does BULLY word suddenly came into his head?

Too many writing China bully and Beijing bully articles I think.

Last edited:
You're lucky he is not 25 years old or he will go bar hopping and find you!
:lol:

Bar hopping in Hong Kong, I do that all the time. In Wan Chai and Lan Kwai Fong.

He can meet us there any time.

And he runs into a Triad he is going to piss all over the floor in fear. :rofl: He looks like the kind of guy who would literally cry before a fight.

He'd probably get killed by accident, even in a casual punch up.

Last edited:
1 million sign petition supporting HK police force

The Alliance for Peace and Democracy says more than one million people in Hong Kong have signed a petition to support the local police force and to ask protesters to end their occupation of city roads. Robert Chow, a spokesman for the anti-Occupy alliance, said it was the group’s second attempt at gathering public opinion, and it seemed to be gaining momentum.

"It took us two weeks to collect 1 million signatures against "Occupy Central" last time. This time it only took four days. This really is on behalf of the Hong Kong people. They really don’t want the occupation any more. They really want to restore normal life in Hong Kong as soon as possible. I think most of the people already expressed what they want. Democracy means minorities respecting the majority. That is the most important meaning in democracy. Now one out of seven Hong Kong people are standing up. The protesters should take a listen. The occupation has lasted more than 30 days. It is unacceptable to drag it on for 30 weeks. Hong Kong people have been suffering severely. So I think the Hong Kong Government should solve this problem now," Chow said.

Sei fei lo. :lol:

(Si fei lao if you speak Mandarin).

5ED2-ASB-1002MarkSimon.jpg

3ED3-ASB-1014MarkSimon.jpg

p.jpg

mfile_514_97162_2.jpg

bkn-20140828153006812-0828_00822_001_01b.jpg

This guy is a fat disgrace, for sure, but, is a nice tool to be used to further de-legitimize the protesters. Hence, I would like him to speak up more, and more aggressively, and talk like a bully, as if one invites him to a street fight fresh out of a bar.

He does a great job, and, if did not know his clear US-spy credentials, I would think he worked for the Chinese government.

At the end of the day, I would love to see him in jail, however, and test the size of his "big" ego in real life. I bet he would be someone's manita in no time.

Back
Top Bottom