What's new

China has no plans to 'encircle' India

Nafees

Reaction score
Source: Afp, Hong Kong

China has no plans to try and dominate the shipping lanes of the Indian Ocean, its ambassador to India said in Hong Kong yesterday.

"We don't have such an intention to establish a chain to encircle India," said ambassador Zhang Yan at a lunch held by the Asia Society in Hong Kong.

"It's not in China's interest to undertake this kind of strategic move. We see India as our partner," he said, adding the speculation on a China policy of encirclement was "unfounded."

China's recent decision to build ports in Myanmar, Pakistan and Sri Lanka has raised suspicion among Indian authorities that it is trying to assert greater control over the important shipping lanes around Asia.

Thousands of Chinese-flagged ships pass through the waters around India every year, laden with goods destined for the lucrative European market.

Zhang added that China does not protect the commercial trips with a military presence and there are no plans to do so.

"We at this stage don't feel there is a need to send a navy ship to accompany our commercial ships in the area," he said.

India's distrust of China has increased in recent years, despite the strengthening commercial relationship between the two emerging Asian giants.

The two countries are still locked in a border dispute which triggered a brief but bloody war 46 years ago, although their diplomatic relationship has improved in recent years.

Is that the same China which said that India and China were brothers just before they attacked?

We should have such a plan to keep India "contained", along with our comrades inside Basu, Karat etc..

Yes, China can keep India 'contained'' with treacherous people like the Communists of India.

They sided with the British during the Independence movement, with the Chinese in 1962 and is holding the govt at ransom with the nuclear deal when the fuel prices are going through the roof!

In the next general elections, they will be wiped out!

As it is, they have suffered electoral defeats in the panchyat polls in their bastion of West Bengal.

It is an incorrect statement that China does not attack first. 1962 and Vietnam indicates that it is myth that China does not attack first.

Is that the same China which said that India and China were brothers just before they attacked?

Do you know how difficulties 46 years ago about China,That time lots of countries around China saw the China as an enemy( include Russia).We don't want to have any war if anybody provoke us first.
India is a 'SB' nation,you speak english as the first language because your country didn't save yourself language and culture. 真你妈的丢人现眼.I hope india 别跟中国争了,你们不是对手.only a '傻B'.:bunny:

真你妈的丢人现眼.I hope india 别跟中国争了,你们不是对手.only a '傻B'.:bunny:

There's a reason your previous post was deleted by by a mod, please respect forum rules or you'll risk a ban from this forum.

违反规则将让您禁止!

but as a fact, i never think china will take measures to circle or control india or any other country, it is not our tradition and it is not suit our benifits. still we do not think it is necessary, in an open world, more and more trades and commnications has linked a country to aonther, so every country can get their intersts from international communication. the only task of chinese foreigh policy it to develop friendship relations with all countries and enhance co-operations.

china ,india and pakistan are important countries in the asia, although we have some issues which had not been solved, but i do never think we should be enemies, we still have chance to commnicate,and only through talk and dialogue, we can understand each other, on the contraray, we can get nothing if we closed our eyes.

china ,india and pakistan are important countries in the asia, although we have some issues which had not been solved, but i do never think we should be enemies, we still have chance to commnicate,and only through talk and dialogue, we can understand each other, on the contraray, we can get nothing if we closed our eyes.

how true. india and china leaved peacefully for over 5000 years! no other neighbouring countries can claim such a feat. yet 1962 spoiled it all. i believ that sino-indian friendship is very much possible. relationships have improved a lot over the past few years, and its only going to get better.

i just hope india doesnt make the mistake of being a US lackey.

how true. india and china leaved peacefully for over 5000 years! no other neighbouring countries can claim such a feat. yet 1962 spoiled it all. i believ that sino-indian friendship is very much possible. relationships have improved a lot over the past few years, and its only going to get better.

Its more an indication of the natural protection offered by the Himalayas than any human achievement, but whatever.

Well i see it rather the other way round. Infact watching India's growing partnerships specially militarily with countries like US, Japan, Australia its not hard for one to imagine what India's real ambitions are as far as her neighbours are concerned specially China and Pakistan.

shakehands and support you, yeah, we still havd disputes, but we must commnicate, we should not close ourselvies in a limited world, china and india can stay friendly , peaceful and harmonious by dialogue and communication.

Well i see it rather the other way round. Infact watching India's growing partnerships specially militarily with countries like US, Japan, Australia its not hard for one to imagine what India's real ambitions are as far as her neighbours are concerned specially China and Pakistan.

... and why not !!

Isn't India like everyone else is entitled to protect its interests ? Today, the immediate future is ' controllable", what needs to be thought & catered for is 2025 & beyond.

but as a fact, i never think china will take measures to circle or control india or any other country, it is not our tradition and it is not suit our benifits. still we do not think it is necessary, in an open world, more and more trades and commnications has linked a country to aonther, so every country can get their intersts from international communication. the only task of chinese foreigh policy it to develop friendship relations with all countries and enhance co-operations.

Do read Chinese history and it imperial past and conquers.

Xinjiang, Tibet and Outer Mongolia or even the areas bordering Burma was a part of China gained by peace loving means?

Back
Top Bottom