What's new

China GDP will be 300% bigger than USA in 2040

laman12345

BANNED
Reaction score
Beijing+International+Airport+,+Beijing-2.jpg

Beijing International Airport in 2011

China's share of global GDP -- 40 percent -- will dwarf that of the United States (14 percent) and the European Union (5 percent) 30 years from now. This is what economic hegemony will look like.

In 2040, the Chinese economy will reach $123 trillion, or nearly three times the economic output of the entire globe in 2000. China's per capita income will hit $85,000, more than double the forecast for the European Union. In other words, the average Chinese megacity dweller will be living twice as well as the average Frenchman.

Why China's Economy Will Grow to $123 Trillion by 2040 - By Robert Fogel

Dude, make sure that the stuff passes the smell test before you actually post it. Stay away from the ridiculous.

I don't know why people post these things when anyone with basic knowledge of mathematics can instantly tell it is false at first sight.

I estimate China would need to grow at 20% a year to reach that goal and that's just an estimation without even doing any math.

I don't know why people post these things when anyone with basic knowledge of mathematics can instantly tell it is false at first sight.

I estimate China would need to grow at 20% a year to reach that goal and that's just an estimation without even doing any math.

But..

Economist Magzine even said: China GDP +400% bigger than USA

Economist Magzine is more CRAZY! :sick:

http://img4.bbs.**********/uploadfiles/images/2012/06/06/0606131113784.JPG

ECONOMIST

ChinaUSGDP20092040.jpg

It seems that some younger Chinese members have been hanging around Indian members for too long and have adopted Indian style bragging.
Its a tough road ahead comrades, but I have full confidence in the ability of Chinese people to restore our standing in the world stage. But for now, heads down and keep working!

Damn! I should start learning Mandarin :P
On a serious note, this is not unexpected to me.China was richest country in the world before the Industrial revolution happened in the west.Last 300 years were the dark ages for China and India.But slowly these two countries will prevail again unless another miracle of same magnitude as Industrial revolution occurs in West again.
India will also overtake US and Europe soon-ish but sadly not in my lifetime.

It seems that some younger Chinese members have been hanging around Indian members for too long and have adopted Indian style bragging.
Its a tough road ahead comrades, but I have full confidence in the ability of Chinese people to restore our standing in the world stage. But for now, heads down and keep working!

The irony is that I rarely see any chest-thumping on Chinese forums. China is rising, not risen. It is far too early to brag, nor is it ever appropriate to brag. Let us focus on our goals and leave the bragging to others.

Damn! I should start learning Mandarin :P
On a serious note, this is not unexpected to me.China was richest country in the world before the Industrial revolution happened in the west.Last 300 years were the dark ages for China and India.But slowly these two countries will prevail again unless another miracle of same magnitude as Industrial revolution occurs in West again.
India will also overtake US and Europe soon-ish but sadly not in my lifetime.

I will give full-credit to India... no one is more creative, innovative, effective and above all manipulative as India/Indians when it comes to shooting ones own foot.

I was getting ready to come in here and set the Chinese guys alight with my rightgeous indignation, but I see most of them don't buy this either. Most of you are more level-headed than I give you credit for.

Back
Top Bottom