What's new

China Exports of HSR, Trains, Metro, Tram, Rolling Stocks, etc: News

Apparently because CRRC has not paid all of its suppliers on time and the trains are being assembled with missing parts and CRRC is not actively checking to make sure those missing parts are eventually put in.

Of course the CIA needs to fck it up even if it meant screwing up their own infrastructure.

Of course the CIA needs to fck it up even if it meant screwing up their own infrastructure.

No, this is just the typical sh*t quality control Chinese company products are notorious for around the world.

Last edited:
How is your experience with the new Orange line car made by a Chinese company?

I haven't had a chance to check them out since I don't ride that line. They seem to be doing better than the red line ones.

However things aren't all rosey with those cars either

MBTA finds more problems with Springfield-built Orange Line cars, pulls nine from service​

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to check them out since I don't ride that line. They seem to be doing better than the red line ones.

However things aren't all rosey with those cars either

MBTA finds more problems with Springfield-built Orange Line cars, pulls nine from service​

Considering the track quality, it wouldn't surprise me that more new cars would show problems. The redline track above the ground near Quincy was so bumpy that I thought the car was going to derail everytime I rode it.

Considering the track quality, it wouldn't surprise me that more new cars would show problems. The redline track above the ground near Quincy was so bumpy that I thought the car was going to derail everytime I rode it.

So I have been on the new red line ones (well twice i think) and they seem to be switching back to the 1960's plastic seats.

this is the 1960's one
DpOdah_U0AAxvyr

this is the previous one (~1980's?)
message-editor%2F1534359619033-old-car.jpg

this the new one
IMG-7663-5fecf8d75f68c-rotated.jpg

Last edited:
So I have been on the new red line ones (well twice i think) and they seem to be switching back to the 1960's plastic seats.

this is the 1960's one
DpOdah_U0AAxvyr

this is the previous one (~1980's?)
message-editor%2F1534359619033-old-car.jpg

this the new one
IMG-7663-5fecf8d75f68c-rotated.jpg
Plastic seats are much easier to clean. I was never a fan of those fabric-covered seat anyway.

Uh..well you can ask airlines to switch to them too....we'll see how well that goes over.
Well, you pay for the cleaning of the fabric-covered seats on the airplanes and you surely sit on one of those in each trip. As long as you are willing to pay for it, it works perfectly well for you. I doubt anyone wants to have fare raise on the sub just to get fabric seats. Most of the time, I don't even get to sit down.

No, this is just the typical sh*t quality control Chinese company products are notorious for around the world.

I rode in multiple Chinese made Metros in SEA and China, it is just a standard metro line. Nothing shitty about it unless you want to create shit on purpose. It's political and you know it.

I rode in multiple Chinese made Metros in SEA and China, it is just a standard metro line. Nothing shitty about it unless you want to create shit on purpose. It's political and you know it.

So you think Singapore was lying about the trains being delivered with cracks?

So you think Singapore was lying about the trains being delivered with cracks?

I am in the shipbuilding industry, cracks are common and can be rectified easily. Singapore and Malaysia are still buying Chinese metros to this day.

I reread the saga of the Sg trainset, it was blown out of proportion by the Western media, the cracks were minor and easily rectified and is xommon during routine maintenance.

I also read this boston saga, same politicking shit, the trains were built in US using Chinese tech and the unions are fcking up the schedule, sabotaging shit.

Last edited:
I reread the saga of the Sg trainset, it was blown out of proportion by the Western media, the cracks were minor and easily rectified and is xommon during routine maintenance.

Did you actually watch the video????

The trains were sent all the way back to China.

I guess this is the Chinese version of "easy maintenance"?

You wonder why China has a bad rep...if easy maintenance means sending a train back to the factory???

Did you actually watch the video????

The trains were sent all the way back to China.

I guess this is the Chinese version of "easy maintenance"?

You wonder why China has a bad rep...if easy maintenance means sending a train back to the factory???
I suggest you read the saga. They forced the manufacturers to send it back. The Chinese team said it was mot serious and could be rectified easily, but of course the Indian team in SMRT couldn't stand a Chinese train in Sg. Btw, i stayed in Sg for 5 years, sort of remember this story. The train was even made in a Kawasaki jv factory. Lolol

The Chinese team said it was mot serious and could be rectified easily,

LOL! look at the dates of when they were sent back and when they were returned. 2 years!!

Again this is China's idea of something not serious and exactly why they have a bad reputation around the world with their customers for quality and service.

JUL 6, 2016

08 Aug 2018

The problem is you are likely used to this in China and having something given a monikor of "not serious" and then taking years to correct is just something easily accepted by the public.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom