Stop smearing the glorious middle kingdom!!!! :china:

2011 HDI data

97 (1) Sri Lanka 0.691 0.005
98 (2) Dominican Republic 0.689 0.003
99 Samoa 0.688 0.002
100 (3) Fiji 0.688 0.001
101 China 0.687 0.005
102 Turkmenistan 0.686 0.005

China is actually worse off than Sri Lanka in terms of quality of life.

Topic is not the level of poverty. Its about Economic Inequality which can be in developed nations too. Kindly understand the difference rather than bashing both countries on banned topics like Poverty and Failed state.

Read this document, A UNICEF Report on Global Inequality and Reasons behind it.

1. I'm only countering what your countrymen OrionHunter is stating that 42% of the population in China or 593 million people are living on less than 2 dollars a day. Which is blatantly false and of course he or other Indians making such claims can't provide any sources backing it. I'm just correcting a falsehood.

2. The issues of poverty and inequality are deeply linked with each other.

3. I'm not bashing anyone i'm just stating the facts as i can find them. And the India Pakistan comparison is just to state that things in the world are much more complicated then what the mainstream narrative is.

1. I'm only countering what your compatriot OrionHunter is stating that 42% of the population in China or 593 million people are living on less than 2 dollars a day. Which is blatantly false and of course he or other Indians making such claims can't provide any sources for it. I'm just correcting a falsehood.
2. The issues of poverty and inequality are deeply linked with each other.
3. I'm not bashing anyone i'm just stating the facts as i can find them. And the India Pakistan comparison is just to state that things in the world are much more complicated then what the mainstream narrative is.
1. Correct him, why are you dragging India and even Pakistan. Did any Pakistani said anything against your country ? You calling it failed state. Mainstream narrative of India-Pakistan can be discussed in more relevant thread, don't you think so.

2. I know poverty is related to economic inequality. But you haven't used any such correlation in that post.

Again, no problem as long as you ignore such posts and clear the wrong facts. I just don't want Indians and Chinese bashing each other for many pages. Just correct them and if you think he is trolling, report him. These threads often get ruined because of similar exchange of words. Other Indian can take your this post in some other sense.

I would like to have this thread with serious discussion as China's condition can be a case study for India too.

Cheers.

1. Correct him, why are you dragging India and even Pakistan. Did any Pakistani said anything against your country ? You calling it failed state. Mainstream narrative of India-Pakistan can be discussed in more relevant thread, don't you think so.

2. I know poverty is related to economic inequality. But you haven't used any such correlation in that post.

Again, no problem as long as you ignore such posts and clear the wrong facts. I just don't want Indians and Chinese bashing each other for many pages. Just correct them and if you think he is trolling, report him. These threads often get ruined because of similar exchange of words. Other Indian can take your this post in some other sense.

I would like to have this thread with serious discussion as China's condition can be a case study for India too.

Cheers.

You should read my post more carefully.

Very interesting despite all the talk of India becoming a superpower and Pakistan a failed state, Pakistan has actually done better alleviating poverty in her borders than India.

Translation meaning that despite all the claims of it. In other words i don't agree with it that Pakistan is or is becoming a failed state.

However i would say that India does have a good chance to become a great power.

I would also say that its hard for me to see China becoming a "superpower" with 400 million people living on less than 2 dollars a day.

About 42 percent of China’s population—about 593 million people— live on less than $2 a day. Most are in the countryside.
More here...INCOME GAP AND POOR PEOPLE IN CHINA - China | Facts and Details

Now I'm gonna sit back, grab some popcorn and watch the trolls and flamers take over and exhibit their literary talents and great knowledge of Indian toilets! I love all the baloney that's spewed out! He who laughs, lasts! So bring it on! :azn:

42% living under $2 got to be a joke. Even in one of the poorest province, Guizhou, a contruction worker got 3000-4000 Yuan a month ($500 - $660). The person who compiled those number in above site must've lived in 1980s:

Even in the cities, a school teacher with a salary of $50 a month—good by Chinese standards—might have to save for two years to be able to afford a bicycle.
:woot: Boy, this gives me a good laugh.

HDI

China 0.687
North Korea 0.766
Vietnam 0.593

Awesome, so perhaps North Korea should have a bigger immigrant population than China, correct? NOT.

2011 HDI data

97 (1) Sri Lanka 0.691 0.005
98 (2) Dominican Republic 0.689 0.003
99 Samoa 0.688 0.002
100 (3) Fiji 0.688 0.001
101 China 0.687 0.005
102 Turkmenistan 0.686 0.005

China is actually worse off than Sri Lanka in terms of quality of life.

Technically China is worse off than Iran in terms of quality of life. So perhaps that means Iran has far more immigrants and their people should be much better off (in terms of luxury and expensive cars) than the Chinese. NOT.

B&O looks to further expand into China
Updated: 2012-12-10 22:19 By Shi Jing ( chinadaily.com.cn)

Chinadaily

The Danish audio-visual products manufacturer Bang & Olufsen is counting on innovative designs with contributions from Chinese students to further expand into the Chinese market.

The brand set up an innovation camp recently on the campus of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, bringing together Danish and Chinese students for a two-week experiment on ideas and designs for new products catering to the Chinese market.

Thirty-six students from Denmark and China were separated into groups of five or six. The groups then met with Shanghai residents to discuss their ideas for new products.

"The Chinese market is so dynamic and large-scale," said Erik Kristiansen, a senior adviser from the School of Engineering of Aarhus University.

One of the students at the camp, Pelle Haukali Nielsen, a postgraduate student specializing in distributed systems and software engineering at Aarhus University, has worked on innovative projects with the construction toys manufacturer LEGO as part of his graduation project.

China tops world in wind power, hydropower capacity

Updated: 2012-12-09 22:10 ( Xinhua)

Chinadaily

BEIJING -- China's installed capacities for wind power and hydropower have grown to the world's largest, said Liu Zhenya,president of the China Electricity Council (CEC), on Sunday.

Liu said at a power industry summit that China's installed wind power capacity expanded rapidly in the past decade, recording a yearly growth of more than 60 percent. Its cumulative total, now 118 times more than that of 10 years ago, secured the country's position as the world's top wind energy provider, Liu said.

Liu also said that China, now the world's leader in both wind power and hydropower capacity, witnessed soaring growth in other clean energy sectors in the same period. Its solar photovoltaic power capacity surged by more than 50 percent each year.

Liu, also general manager of the country's largest grid operator, said China will continue to optimize its energy structure by tapping new energy sources, in a bid to secure future energy supply.

CEC also advised at the summit that China should construct a strong and smart power grid to back up the development of clean energy in the country, as well as building a market mechanism to help new energy sectors boom.

1. I'm only countering what your countrymen OrionHunter is stating that 42% of the population in China or 593 million people are living on less than 2 dollars a day. Which is blatantly false and of course he or other Indians making such claims can't provide any sources backing it. I'm just correcting a falsehood.
Really? Have you even bothered to read the link/source I provided for people like you? It's written in simple English so even the Hans can understand. I can't get hold of a Mandarin translation so you'll have to make do with this! Here it is again...

INCOME GAP AND POOR PEOPLE IN CHINA - China | Facts and Details

Now go digest what's written in there before spewing baloney.

Really? Have you even bothered to read the link/source I provided for people like you? It's written in simple English so even the Hans can understand. I can't get hold of a Mandarin translation so you'll have to make do with this! Here it is again...

INCOME GAP AND POOR PEOPLE IN CHINA - China | Facts and Details

Now go digest what's written in there before spewing baloney.

That report is 4 year old and China has added $2.8 trillion in her annual GDP as of last year. so by the end of this year China should add over $3 trillion annually compare to the date of the report (2008).

To put in per capita: 2008 - 3,414 2012 - $5,700 (close estimated)

According to last year data in Xinhua,

China has 150 million poeple living below poverty line while India has 300 million people living below poverty line.

So STOP fighting both have tremendous work to do to lift people above poverty line and YES both are third world countries according to western standards of HDI. (both are ranks above 100 in HDI out of 180-190 nations.)

Strangely enough both are in top 10 nations in world in military and economy rankings

According to last year data in Xinhua,

China has 150 million poeple living below poverty line while India has 300 million people living below poverty line.

So STOP fighting both have tremendous work to do to lift people above poverty line and YES both are third world countries according to western standards of HDI. (both are ranks above 100 in HDI out of 180-190 nations.)

Strangely enough both are in top 10 nations in world in military and economy rankings

That should be the right figure and I was trying to find the link. Thanks

That should be the right figure and I was trying to find the link. Thanks

The link below says, According to UN, 150 million people are living under one dollar level per person per day.

China to "basically eradicate poverty" in 10 years, Wen says

[Quote:] BEIJING, March 6 (Xinhua) -- China aims to "basically eradicate poverty" by 2020 while greatly raise its poverty line, in order to help more people in need, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said here Sunday.

The State Council is drafting a new ten-year poverty-reduction plan (2011-2020), in which the current poverty line of 1,196 yuan per year (about 0.5 U.S. dollars a day) will be greatly raised, Wen told a panel meeting of the ongoing session of the National People's Congress (NPC).

The nation will intensify its poverty alleviation efforts through aids and development, focusing on large areas of destitute population, he said to a group of NPC deputies from Gansu, one of the poorest regions in China.

According to the United Nations' standard of one dollar per person each day, China still has 150 million people under the poverty line.

Wen said lack of water was the bottleneck for Gansu's social-economic development, urging the province to expand the use of water conservancy technology.

Wen also urged the province to coordinate economic development with environmental protection, and reverse environmental degradation in Dunhuang, a historical city with world cultural heritage threatened by decertification.

Back
Top Bottom