What's new

China Eases Military Recruit Rules

Sasquatch

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
China says it will begin accepting military recruits who are heavier and those sporting visible tattoos, as part of an ongoing push to attract young people into military service.

The state-controlled China Daily newspaper said prospective enlistees in the People's Liberation Army with tattoos on the face or neck will no longer be rejected if the artwork is smaller than two centimeters in diameter.

Weight restrictions have also been relaxed at both the upper and lower ends. New regulations allow for body weight up to 25 percent greater or 15 percent lower than current requirements. Policy now bars those 20 percent heavier and 10 percent lighter than those standards.

The rules were revised this week in what the newspaper described as part of a push to entice more well-educated young people into China's 2.3 million-member army.

We need a 10-20 million man army to protect all of china, weak Military means the USA will take advantage of the situation.
:china:

I think china should make strong policies to recruit a soldier first. I am really surprised to see a chinese soldier, who is wearing spex for sight problem.

xinsrc_502090125193826571039.jpg

indian_chinese_soldiers_nathula_20060821.jpg

I think china should make strong policies to recruit a soldier first. I am really surprised to see a chinese soldier, who is wearing spex for sight problem.

xinsrc_502090125193826571039.jpg

indian_chinese_soldiers_nathula_20060821.jpg
United States military permits its troops to wear glasses, even in infantry units. No problem there.

China says it will begin accepting military recruits who are heavier and those sporting visible tattoos, as part of an ongoing push to attract young people into military service.

Tattooing is utterly disrespectful and immoral. Accepting people with tattoo into the military sends a wrong message to young people. I'm outraged by this decision.

People changes. Lots of people have tattoos when they are young that they later regret over and removal operation is expensive.

With 200 million military age men and woman, one would think China would have no problem finding fit recruits.

Soldiers who fight with both brain and muscle will improve quality in file and rank. As China's military rapidly changes to high tech forces, they need more people to operate highly sophisticated equipment.

china should implement a policy where all males from 18-40(or whatever) must take at least a month of military training every year. get the majority of the male population ready for any future wars.

I don't think it is realistic to train that many people in real time seriously. But I heard that high school graduates and freshman do take some form of basic training.

I don't think it is realistic to train that many people in real time seriously. But I heard that high school graduates and freshman do take some form of basic training.

When I received it in high school, that basic training consists of bed-making, goose-stepping and getting kicked out of bed 1 o'clock in the morning for 'emergency response' . Oh I also touched guns, once or twice.

Whats the height or physical eligibility to join PLA? height,weight,eye sight?

Whats the height or physical eligibility to join PLA? height,weight,eye sight?
Height: 163cm for men, 160cm for women
Weight: No heavier than 20% of standard weight, no lesser than 10%. (standard weight in kg = height-110)
Eye sight: 20/30 for frontline combat units, 20/20 for pilots. Non-combat personal (computer, radar, medical, translator etc) are allowed to wear glasses.

Back
Top Bottom