What's new

China drops one-child policy, but ‘exhausted’ tiger moms say one is plenty

Listen dude, if you want to breed like rats, just do it. Don't drag us into it. Ok?

We Chinese don't subscribe to what Western brainwashing machines produce.

Having two-three children is not breeding like rats!

Population is important and it gives strength to a country. China's current strength largely flows from its large population.

raising one or few tigers or raising a horde of filthy rats``your choice

Why can't you raise 2-3 tigers?

Research has actually shown that single children are vulnerable to mental diseases, loneliness. In my personal experience single children are often raisen with too much resources, and grow up to be young prince/princess, with exaggerated self worth, and inability to persevere.

China has successfully prevented rat breeding style of unskilled uneducated and low-quality population. Instead, 1980s-1990s born Chinese are confident, educated, innovative, and fully prepared to the new era of technological revolution.

There is a limit to the educatedness of population.

Japan took your path of no focus of population, you can see what is happening to Japan now. Does the high quality of Japan's workforce give it power over low quality Chinese workforce?

We have a close to 1.4 billion population. Our land, and the domestic resources, just can not support more people. That's the fundamental fact of our country.

To maintain stable population, you need a fertility rate of 2.1

Right now your fertility rate is too less, which means in near future the population will begin to decline at a very fast rate.

Bussard Ramjet need to drop his China immigrant dream.

No China immigrant dream here. I would like to visit China, but that's it.

I have more an American dream.

Why would I waste time with China at 8000 GDP per capita, when I can go to US with 56000 GDP per capita?

single children are vulnerable to mental diseases, loneliness. In my personal experience single children are often raisen with too much resources, and grow up to be young prince/princess, with exaggerated self worth, and inability to persevere.
how many single child you have ever worked with or studied with??

I'm a single child, most of my friends/classmates/colleagues are single-child. We are the backbone of our society, We work hard to guarantee our family members can gain a better life, and also to ensure our country can have a better future. Any problem to this?? Have you ever come to China to see what is happening in China with your OWN EYES? Or you just make the bulxxxit comments purely coming out of your illusions?????

In fact, most of the Chinese PDFers here are single-child. You are making insults to a VERY LARGE GROUP.

Stabilise population around 800 million to 1 billion, no more no less.

Current population is not sustainable, its a legacy of Mao times and having enough people to survive nuclear apocalypse.

Sheer numbers will not help, India is proof of this and its like adding fuel to a fire. How long before the population in India becomes a firestorm of anarchy, poverty and social dystopia?

@Bussard Ramjet is a clown, we have had this discussion so many times and even his Indian comrades distance themselves from his retarded views.

Current population is not sustainable, its a legacy of Mao times and having enough people to survive nuclear apocalypse.

Sheer numbers will not help, India is proof of this and its like adding fuel to a fire. How long before the population in India becomes a firestorm of anarchy, poverty and social dystopia?

@Bussard Ramjet is a clown, we have had this discussion so many times and even his Indian comrades distance themselves from his retarded views.
India is the worst example of demography, total failed labor policy and a whole generation of extremely low-quality youth who has no future.

I'm a single child, most of my friends/classmates/colleagues are single-child. We are the backbone of our society, We work hard to guarantee our family members can gain a better life, and also to ensure our country can have a better future. Any problem to this?? Have you ever come to China to see what is happening in China with your OWN EYES? Or you just make the bulxxxit comments purely coming out of your illusions?????

In fact, most of the Chinese PDFers here are single-child. You are making insults to a VERY LARGE GROUP.
Exactly.
China's 1980/1990s born younger generations are way more competent than any other people..
They are the backbones of space programs, BYD, Huawei, CRRC, Tencent, Baidu, etc.

Never in history have China's young people ever had such high-level of skill, education, vision, innovation, entrepreneurship, craftsmanship.....
屏幕快照 2015-09-10 16.30.23.png
FOREIGN201508181621000335977480193.jpg
屏幕快照 2015-09-10 17.17.15.png

To be fair, India's hunger problem is caused by an inefficient distribution chain rather than lack of production. A lot of grains and vegetables perish in storage according to some of the reports I've read. They could easily feed the hungry if they manage to get those food supplies to the poor instead of letting them rot.
lol, rather than lack of production?
Did you even search before your reply?
Largest countries by agricultural output.png

Tell me one thing. Isn't it common sense that you require at least two children to replace the parents?

By a one child policy, after every generation the population will half in the below generation. The population will age.

Tell me, is a ageing population good for the dynamism and health of an economy?

Look at Japan for example.

Even to stabilize population you need at least 2 children. Right now, the labor force of China is already shrinking.

There is a reason why there is still a 2 child policy, that China don't want to see a population boom. And the policy is not about every couple having two children but a maximum of 2.

The one child policy was not strictly enforced. Many families have more than 1 child. In fact, if you do not work for the government or a government owned enterprise, you are pretty much free to have as many children as you like. All you need is to pay a small fine. Zhu Ting (born 1994), the volleyball player, her family has 5 children.

Can China get rich after getting old?

http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2016/07/19/can-china-get-rich-after-getting-old/

Our study also suggests that in recent years, entering the high-income country grouping has been more probable from an ageing population base than from countries that are home to younger populations, as in the case of Japan and South Korea's transitions. This implies that ageing China may have a better chance of reaching high-income status than is feared.

Comparisons of China with countries that have recently ascended to the high-income bracket in the presence of an ageing population - such as the Czech Republic, Russia, Slovakia and Uruguay - also point toward optimism in China's broader chance of reaching its high-income grouping aspirations. For example, China's research and development investment level as a share of GDP is now above the level of countries having recently entered the high-income group, and the country's technology exports are above even the OECD average.

Never say never. What Western prediction about China has been right so far?

Last edited:
No China immigrant dream here. I would like to visit China, but that's it.

I have more an American dream.

Why would I waste time with China at 8000 GDP per capita, when I can go to US with 56000 GDP per capita?
Why must follow American dream? Go ahead, go to America, while you contribute nothing in India. No wonder India is still poor country because its people would rather be servants to whites.

WTF, you suck on our birth rate again.
Are you a psychopathic gynecologist ?

Last edited:
We have a close to 1.4 billion population. Our land, and the domestic resources, just can not support more people. That's the fundamental fact of our country.

Thats true for now, but once these 1.4 billion reach retirement age you need enough young to support your big economy. You dont want to be in the same foot as Japanese at some point of time.

Listen dude, if you want to breed like rats, just do it. Don't drag us into it. Ok?

FYI, a couple of advanced turboshatfs in development:

http://www.cannews.com.cn/epaper/zghkb/2016/10/15/A07/story/1190889.shtml

:coffee::enjoy::tup:

I am an Indian and a patriotic outspoken right winger at that. But I must confess we lost the plot with family planning though. Kudos to the Chinese. Their family planning and societal initiatives might have felt draconian back in the day but they are reaping the benefits now and will do for generations to come.

:tup::china:

FYI, a couple of advanced turboshatfs in development:

http://www.cannews.com.cn/epaper/zghkb/2016/10/15/A07/story/1190889.shtml

:coffee::enjoy::tup:
wow, a 1980s born chief engineer of turboshafts in No.608 Institute.
@Malik Abdullah From your university in Xi'an!

India has 1/3 more arable land than China (24 亿亩 vs 18亿亩), but their agriculture output is only 40% of China's" What have they been doing with their farmland? :o:
Agriculture infra, transport infra, agricultural research and education, policy, etc....

In every Chinese village, there is an expert sent by the agricultural bureau to guide farmers.
China has many agricultural universities and research institutes.
China values agriculture, every year the first policy enacted by the State Council is always about agriculture and farmers.
If there is a nobel agriculture prize, the first one should be given to, Mr. Yuan Longping
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuan_Longping

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom