What's new

China Dominates the World TOP500 Supercomputers

All the progress China is making is awesome but its on economy. We tend to hear very less on China's military progress. I mean, may be Chinese are not interested in their military build up just like of US and Russia. i know China is new player and will take time but that day will surely be a treat to watch when China will become as powerful as US in military tech and science. They have really made Asians proud.

All the best to China and its hardworking people. Your stuff speaks. :china:

Awesome. Some achievement that.
Was in Beijing this week to train some folks. Super impressive city. Don't know why people complain of pollution. It was clean and pleasant and super modern.

Having experienced a little of China, also felt a lot of hope for India if only we can pull our heads in and get out shit together.

Welcome to the forum.

All the progress China is making is awesome but its on economy. We tend to hear very less on China's military progress. I mean, may be Chinese are not interested in their military build up just like of US and Russia. i know China is new player and will take time but that day will surely be a treat to watch when China will become as powerful as US in military tech and science. They have really made Asians proud.

All the best to China and its hardworking people. Your stuff speaks. :china:

Welcome to the forum.
Bro, China doesn't like to reveal it's military secrets unlike the Americans.
The skeletons will emerge when a war starts. Trust me on this.

Why does the US do this, I mean each time they do it, they think we will be forced to either stop or something. For as much talk as how China wants other countries to "kowtow" it is the US that is trying the hardest with China.

It didn't work with military hardware, didn't work with space, with AIIB and more, why would it work this time. All the US did was cost themselves and their allies a lot of Chinese dollars, at least the Russians got a taste of that money with military hardware.

:)
PIlnQti.jpg

Yh2IKG4.gif

China beating China. Now that's what I would call a competition to watch. China, let's beat China again.

New Chinese supercomputer replaces Tianhe-2 as world's fastest system
| June 20, 2016, Monday |
icon_OE.png

The new system was developed by the Chinese National Research Center of Parallel Computer Engineering & Technology and installed at the National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi of Jiangsu, an eastern coastal province of China.

Previously, Tianhe-2, an Intel-based Chinese supercomputer, has claimed the No. 1 spot in the past six TOP 500 lists.

The latest list also marked the first time since the inception of the TOP 500 list in 1993 that the United States is not home to the largest number of supercomputer systems.

"With a surge in industrial and research installations registered over the last few years, China leads with 167 systems and the U.S. is second with 165," the statement said.

China also leads the performance category, thanks to the No. 1 and No. 2 systems, it said.

"It's a trend with China," Jack Dongarra, professor of the University of Tennessee and editor of the list, told Xinhua in an email. "They had zero systems in 2001 and today they surpass the United States. No other nation has seen such rapid growth."

Dongarra said supercomputers are more important than ever as they provide capability benefiting a broad range of industries, including energy, pharmaceutics, aircraft, automobile and entertainment.

T on Monday dethroned China's Tianhe-2 from the top in a list of the 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world.

"China maintained its No. 1 ranking on the 47th edition of the TOP 500 list of the world's top supercomputers," said a statement from the semiannual list compiled by U.S. and European experts, "but with a new system built entirely using processors designed and made in China."

Sunway TaihuLight, with 10,649,600 computing cores comprising 40,960 nodes, is twice as fast and three times as efficient as Tianhe-2, which has a performance of 33.86 quadrillion calculations per second, or petaflop/s.

The new system was developed by the Chinese National Research Center of Parallel Computer Engineering & Technology and installed at the National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi of Jiangsu, an eastern coastal province of China.

Previously, Tianhe-2, an Intel-based Chinese supercomputer, has claimed the No. 1 spot in the past six TOP 500 lists.

The latest list also marked the first time since the inception of the TOP 500 list in 1993 that the United States is not home to the largest number of supercomputer systems.

"With a surge in industrial and research installations registered over the last few years, China leads with 167 systems and the U.S. is second with 165," the statement said.

China also leads the performance category, thanks to the No. 1 and No. 2 systems, it said.

"It's a trend with China," Jack Dongarra, professor of the University of Tennessee and editor of the list, told Xinhua in an email. "They had zero systems in 2001 and today they surpass the United States. No other nation has seen such rapid growth."

Dongarra said supercomputers are more important than ever as they provide capability benefiting a broad range of industries, including energy, pharmaceutics, aircraft, automobile and entertainment.
China's real competitor is always herself, not some artificial countries built on invading indigenous land and exploiting boat refugees.

I saw from many western news report this and many of western losers cannot accept this reality. Some has the typical claim of Chinese stole their technology. Ya!! We stole a technology you yourself can't even build :lol:

I can bet many of the are killing themselves over this. :enjoy:

It doesn't matter, even China has managed to build an artificial sun, they will still claim it was the stolen technology from the US.

Back
Top Bottom