What's new

China discards ‘Shenzhen speed’ for ‘Punjab speed’

To get business 'kabhi kabhi gadhe ko baap bhi banana perhta hai'.. probably just to please badshahi Salamat's brother..

If only they had the same passion for the rest of the country.

How will Punjab's provincial government's passion do anything for "the rest of the country". Kindly stop this utterly moronic political point scoring and ask the provincial governments of "the rest of the country" why they haven't done jack squat when it comes to their provinces. Ask those nawabs where millions of dollars worth of royalties have gone, ask those waderas why they, literally, in every sense of the word, enslave those who bring them to power and ask those nationalist parties why they stopped the Kalabagh dam by feeding their insanely gullible vote bank with manure. I can't even comment on the traitorous anti-state goons who are re-elected every time in Karachi.

Furthermore, the Punjab government isn't doing anything out of passion for Punjab or of consequence. These "mega infrastructural projects" are gimmicks to 1) impress their 'insanely gullible vote bank' and 2) to feed their and their cronies' coffers. These supposed acts of 'passion' are costing the poor population of Punjab millions and billions which could have easily been spent on, say, education, power generation, health care, law and order, sanitation, vocational loans, industry, to name just a very few.

And none of the above is any of the above stated politicians' fault, it is the people's. Now let us all reap what we have sowed. You want metro busses and metro trains in your regions? Kindly go and demand it from the politicians that you have elected. Although, ironically, that would be just another stupid thing to do.

I don't know which is more moronic; the fact that Shahbaz wastes the little money Punjab has on his idiotic fancies or that the rest of Pakistan envies it and blames the Punjab government for their elected officials not doing the same.

you do not want governments to be efficient. eventually they will harm the people. you want governments to get out of people's way so that people can improve themselves
And ur identity name is the wiseone lol, i'll say no more..

If only they had the same passion for the rest of the country.

Sir, I am confused, may be you can help me understand this. I am a Texan, why would Texas care to build and grow Louisiana (even though its a neighboring state)? As Texans, the people of Texas expect their local state government to grow their state and compete with others and be better at everything. Which is why we proudly say "everything is bigger and better in Texas" :lol:.

I've read through the entire thread and lots of negative comments about other provinces and the entire country, etc, etc. If I am correct, the person being addressed if the Chief Minister (the CEO) of Punjab right? His mandate by vote is to grow his own state and seem like he is. So what's the real issue? His counter parts should be doing their jobs also.

By the way, I've been to Lahore and Islamabad a couple of times in the past few years. Lahore in particular is very lively, and good spicy food :tup:

And ur identity name is the wiseone lol, i'll say no more..

"you do not want governments to be efficient. eventually they will harm the people. you want governments to get out of people's way so that people can improve themselves"

Do you want to disagree any part of this statement ? Feel free

@DJ_Viper He wrote ´They´ so i guess he was referring to the Sharif brother duo. And yes, you and Krash are right. Shahbaza got nothing to do with other provinces but it is his damn brother´s business and he ain´t doing a shit abt it.

Sir, I am confused, may be you can help me understand this. I am a Texan, why would Texas care to build and grow Louisiana (even though its a neighboring state)? As Texans, the people of Texas expect their local state government to grow their state and compete with others and be better at everything. Which is why we proudly say "everything is bigger and better in Texas" :lol:.

I've read through the entire thread and lots of negative comments about other provinces and the entire country, etc, etc. If I am correct, the person being addressed if the Chief Minister (the CEO) of Punjab right? His mandate by vote is to grow his own state and seem like he is. So what's the real issue? His counter parts should be doing their jobs also.

By the way, I've been to Lahore and Islamabad a couple of times in the past few years. Lahore in particular is very lively, and good spicy food :tup:
Your argument is correct but you should have read the thread more carefully. We are talking about how the Chief minister of Punjab is only focusing its attention on just its provincial capital by building projects with high opportunity costs, all the while neglecting the rest of the province.

And as the quotation you replied to, you need to know that the C.M of Punjab belongs to the same party which is currently ruling the country. This is why we want them to have a similar passion for the rest of the country as they do for Lahore.

How will Punjab's provincial government's passion do anything for "the rest of the country". Kindly stop this utterly moronic political point scoring and ask the provincial governments of "the rest of the country" why they haven't done jack squat when it comes to their provinces. Ask those nawabs where millions of dollars worth of royalties have gone, ask those waderas why they, literally, in every sense of the word, enslave those who bring them to power and ask those nationalist parties why they stopped the Kalabagh dam by feeding their insanely gullible vote bank with manure. I can't even comment on the traitorous anti-state goons who are re-elected every time in Karachi.

Furthermore, the Punjab government isn't doing anything out of passion for Punjab or of consequence. These "mega infrastructural projects" are gimmicks to 1) impress their 'insanely gullible vote bank' and 2) to feed their and their cronies' coffers. These supposed acts of 'passion' are costing the poor population of Punjab millions and billions which could have easily been spent on, say, education, power generation, health care, law and order, sanitation, vocational loans, industry, to name just a very few.

And none of the above is any of the above stated politicians' fault, it is the people's. Now let us all reap what we have sowed. You want metro busses and metro trains in your regions? Kindly go and demand it from the politicians that you have elected. Although, ironically, that would be just another stupid thing to do.

I don't know which is more moronic; the fact that Shahbaz wastes the little money Punjab has on his idiotic fancies or that the rest of Pakistan envies it and blames the Punjab government for their elected officials not doing the same.

I am talking about PMLN.
They skewed CPEC in Punjab's favor, leaving little for even cities like Karachi or even underdeveloped areas like KPK or Baluchistan.
Baluchistan needs the most development.

And please, this is a mature forum, developed to discuss issues with rationality without being emotional. So please refrain from personal insults.

Bro, I am talking about PMLN. I am not talking about Shahbaz Shareef to be specific.

Bro, I am talking about PMLN. I am not talking about Shahbaz Shareef to be specific.

I still don't understand, this topic is about the Chinese using a term directly related to the faster speed of work taking place in one of your states. So why not appreciate it if the Chinese do? Just like that, I've read plenty of comments about disliking your own country, etc, when the US investors have a much better understanding of Pakistan from a growth perspective. Why is that?

What is your problem with GT road people? Relative prosperity of GT Road region has to do with remittances more then anything. Don't be jealous. Panch ungliyan barabar nahi hoti.
He is supporter of MQM Altaf

I still don't understand, this topic is about the Chinese using a term directly related to the faster speed of work taking place in one of your states. So why not appreciate it if the Chinese do?

Because that fast speed isn't going to benefit the rest of Pakistan, it will damage it.
They skewed CPEC in favor of Punjab, while neglecting the other provinces which need more development.
Baluchistan and KPK needs more development.
Karachi needs a metro, Karachi need better roads.
Chinese are obviously going to appreciate it if the projects that they invested in is developed fast.

Just like that, I've read plenty of comments about disliking your own country, etc,

We do not dislike our own country, where did you get that, we sure do criticize the ills in our country, but we absolutely love it.

when the US investors have a much better understanding of Pakistan from a growth perspective. Why is that?

I dont understand what you are trying to say with this.

The guy has practically sunk Punjab to build Lahore.

No sir, if you had visited rest of Punjab especially Rural Punjab you will not posted that, I actually did, last year, much more developed than KPK, light years ahead of Balochistan and Central Sindh. I have my cousin zameen in rural Punjab, Okara, and DG Khan South Punjab side, and literally it changed, much more development, Southern Punjab and Central Punjab has more organised agricultural lands, machinery, houses, schools, tubewells and hospitals, it has much better people, much better farmlands and farm houses developed...Am not a PMLN voter or supporter, but give credit where it really lies...Punjabis work hard themselves, as well as the Punjab Govt under Shahbaz Shariff has provided facilities and projects alot. What has really sunk is PPP Sindh, followed by some development of KPK, enough said....no big projects in KPK by Imran Khan or PTI government. sorry but PTI will loose as expected the next election 2018 in KPK first and rest of Pakistan too.

They skewed CPEC in favor of Punjab, while neglecting the other provinces which need more development.

What did PPP, MQM govt did from 2008-2013 when in power under zardari chor, nothing, Now donot blame it on PMLN, Its PPP which governs Sindh, and MQM share in Karachi, Sindh has been destroyed by PPP, and MQM...

As for CPEC, another baseless blame game when there is clear mention of Western Route of CPEC via KPK. CPEC via Western route has to be made by KPK government...as far as Balochistan is concerned, via Eastern, Central or CPEC western route, all routes are going to pass through Balochistan anyway, so it will get developed anyway, and the most development will be in Balochistan.

As for CPEC, another baseless blame game when there is clear mention of Western Route of CPEC via KPK. CPEC via Western route has to be made by KPK government...as far as Balochistan is concerned, via Eastern, Central or CPEC western route, all routes are going to pass through Balochistan anyway, so it will get developed anyway, and the most development will be in Balochistan.

When we talk about "routes" You think of roads and rail networks, that is not what we mean, we mean that the projects on those routes are very few and most of the projects are going to Punjab.

What did PPP, MQM govt did from 2008-2013 when in power under zardari chor, nothing, Now donot blame it on PMLN, Its PPP which governs Sindh, and MQM share in Karachi, Sindh has been destroyed by PPP, and MQM...

MQM did fair work before 2008. It stopped when PPP came in power.
Things can change if people in power (both boots and gov) do operation against people without discrimination :)
Like taking action against PPP or hanging Musharraf and Kiyani :)

Dont you think bro.

Because that fast speed isn't going to benefit the rest of Pakistan, it will damage it.
Chinese are obviously going to appreciate it if the projects that they invested in is developed fast.

Ok, Sir, now I am even more confused than I was before. The issue here is a stand-alone article about a specific province out of a country where other provinces exist too, and that one province has been noted (not just by the Chinese, the West included, I just did some serious research into this). So now why do we care about the other provinces and derail the entire thread?

Let's say, we are talking about an actor out of Hollywood, this article is about Bradley Cooper on his performance on that movie the American Sniper and that he gets an award. Now, many can come on here and say well, that Matt Damon movie was better, or worst and should've deserved to be awarded, or 20 other actors and actresses were by passed by Bradley Cooper. How is all this relevant? If someone is complementing Punjab, why are we going across Pakistan and discrediting the topic. The topic isn't about the rest of Pakistan. Not making any logical sense to me to be frank here.

We do not dislike our own country, where did you get that, we sure do criticize the ills in our country, but we absolutely love it.

I dont understand what you are trying to say with this.

I was trying to tell you that the American investors now know that Pakistan's economy is growing and has become hot. But reading the negative remarks by Pakistanis about Pakistani economy makes me feel strange as if they don't know about their country's growth. But they advertise it in the US. Isn't that weird to you? Why don't I see Pakistanis appreciating the fact that their country is on a high growth path?

Back
Top Bottom