beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
China develops attack copter, denies piracy allegations
Published: Thursday, Jul 26, 2012, 17:56 IST
Place: Beijing | Agency: PTI

China on Thursday confirmed it had developed its first modern military attack helicopter, but denied reports that the chopper was a replica of stolen US Black Hawk technology.

A Chinese defence ministry spokesperson claimed that the attack helicopter Z-10 was manufactured on indigenous know-how, including its engines.

The website sought to refute allegations that Beijing had used stolen US technology to develop the attack helicopter which may have advanced stealth features.

The Chinese announcement comes weeks after a major US defence contractor, United Technologies, told a US court that it may have violated an embargo on export of controlled technology to China. The company agreed to the pay a $75 million fine in connection with the export violation.

Defence Ministry spokesperson Yang Yujun, in response to allegations made by US prosecutors, said the helicopter's manufacturer had used independent intellectual property rights.

"China's attack helicopters and their engines are all self-developed, and have proprietary intellectual property rights," said Yang, adding that the so-called piracy "is far from truth."

Yang said the development of China's military equipment has always followed the principle of independent innovation, and relied on its own capability in research and production, according to a report in Xinhua news agency.

According to US prosecutors, the American company had entered the Chinese aviation software market, knowing that its export of modified software would allow China to test and develop its new military helicopter, called the Z-10.

The Chinese announcement comes in the backdrop of increasing accusations by the United States that Beijing was spying and hacking into programmes of American defence contractors.

A report to the US Congress in March said that China's military had made significant advances in its cyber warfare capabilities that could be used against the US.

fe55c6509006b84a850330178f000369.jpg

I find nothing wrong with piracy. I don’t believe in copyright or patents. The idea is just ridiculous. I believe people have the right to distribute anything they want, as long as it’s not actually stolen (ie actually taking someone’s property). People seem to confusion production with stealing. If I steal 100 PlayStation from Walmart, that is stealing. But if I can make a PS3 in my own garage, or I have a business that sells modified Playstation 3′s that plays pirated games, that is not stealing. The US and the rest of the world can learn from China, which is less IP and more freedom.

If, I am Off Topic then My Bad :cheers:

I find nothing wrong with piracy. I don’t believe in copyright or patents. The idea is just ridiculous. I believe people have the right to distribute anything they want, as long as it’s not actually stolen (ie actually taking someone’s property). People seem to confusion production with stealing. If I steal 100 PlayStation from Walmart, that is stealing. But if I can make a PS3 in my own garage, or I have a business that sells modified Playstation 3′s that plays pirated games, that is not stealing. The US and the rest of the world can learn from China, which is less IP and more freedom.

Well said, and some times technology can also be independently developed and reach the same conclusion. Obviously if one has to design a car, 4 wheeler is a better choice and it would be ridiculous for the original designer to claim piracy IMO.

Well said, and some times technology can also be independently developed and reach the same conclusion. Obviously if one has to design a car, 4 wheeler is a better choice and it would be ridiculous for the original designer to claim piracy IMO.

Government of Singapore has very strong views on intellectual property. But then, most of your views are very different from the mainstream Singaporean views too.

Besides, your example is very lame.

Of course you don't.
But if you are the one who invented and popularize the PS3 and it's the only source of your income then it's another story.

When you pirate/plagiarize something it only shows that you lack creativity

Why not create something new?

Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery

I find nothing wrong with piracy. I don’t believe in copyright or patents. The idea is just ridiculous. I believe people have the right to distribute anything they want, as long as it’s not actually stolen (ie actually taking someone’s property). People seem to confusion production with stealing. If I steal 100 PlayStation from Walmart, that is stealing. But if I can make a PS3 in my own garage, or I have a business that sells modified Playstation 3′s that plays pirated games, that is not stealing. The US and the rest of the world can learn from China, which is less IP and more freedom
Your ideas out of the ordinary, you are full of wisdom. I salute you

Government of Singapore has very strong views on intellectual property. But then, most of your views are very different from the mainstream Singaporean views too.

Besides, your example is very lame.

People are not zombies and have to follow the government's party line, that why you have oppositions parties. I'm not sure am the only one with dissenting opinions in Singapore as I know many that travel around or have had some level of educations outside the island do not conform to the robotic ways of thinking.

what people are missing is that United Technology sold softwares to China...now China is under sanction.thats why it made headlines.sobody said China stole those softwares,and its United Technology who paid the hefty fine.now,if they didn't sell it to China,why did they paid that..it doesn't make sense.right???so one of them is lying..either China or United Technology.

People are not zombies and have to follow the government's party line, that why you have oppositions parties. I'm not sure am the only one with dissenting opinions in Singapore as I know many that travel around or have had some level of educations outside the island do not conform to the robotic ways of thinking.

I find it intellectually bankrupt when people say the apartment they inherited by sheer luck belongs to them but the intellectual property they created with years of efforts and dedication is not.

What a joke.

That's an expected outlook from those who lack vision and talent for innovation. they have to copy from others to get what they want.

That's an expected outlook from those who lack vision and talent for innovation. they have to copy from others to get what they want.

Well said! Plus this doesnt really help in inventing something new.You are always a step behind the one you are copying.

If you are making your PS3 by taking apart an original PS3 and copying them circuit by circuit, then its stealing.

If you are selling modified PS3 that can play pirated games, you are helping others steal.

Poorly said!
What China missing is time!
If there is no imminent danger from the threats of USA, who is having frequent military drills and a string of closely knitted bases in Asia Pacific, then we will be much relaxed developing our gadgets for commercial usage than on military!

The onus of observing that the company is not in violation of a US law on sales of sensitive products is UT - the USA seller!

I find it intellectually bankrupt when people say the apartment they inherited by sheer luck belongs to them but the intellectual property they created with years of efforts and dedication is not.

What a joke.

Joke? It's your job to protect what you discovered and my job to unveil something similar. If a restaurant owner discovers a dish that sells like hot cakes, who's to say I'm wrong when I use trial and error process to imitate the same recipe? Coke locks its recipe in a high security safe only a few know about it for the same reason. All car makers in the world copied Ford's the original basic principle of a car, more or less, and why aren't labeled copiers?

My main argument is the same technology can be reached to the final come by different people and from different roads. It's not unlawful for the late comers to use the original discoverer's ideas to reach the same final results.

Back
Top Bottom