What's new

China Criticizes Iran for Threatening to Block Hormuz Strait Oil Shipments

Don't fool yourself. Saudi Arabia's China policy depends almost entirely on the goodwill of the U.S. If the Americans don't want you to have any kind of relationship with China, you will terminate every single deal you have signed with the Chinese immediately.

Never forget: Saudi Arabia is the weakest country in the Middle East when it comes to sovereignty.

Just the exact opposite. There is no regional power that has as close and comprehensive ties with world powers as KSA whether in the West or East.

KSA has closer economic and military ties with China than any other regional power. In fact China is KSA’s largest trade partner.

As for KSA-USA relations (trade), KSA has had a surplus for decades. KSA is winning on this relationship and benefits much more. Not even talking about the exchange students that are transforming the country for the better on all fronts and that process will only accelerate. Not to mention educational (inside KSA - numerous high-ranking universities) and scientific cooperation and mutual win-win investments.

I think that you are confusing NATO-member Turkey (NATO is basically a US run and controlled coffee club that solely serves US interests first and foremost) and Turkish economy which is much much more dependent on the West, with KSA my Kurdish friend.

Don't hurt your head too much.. the same channels on the Omani side can allow traffic both ways if necessary.. although it will get slower..
The same applies to the rest of your post.. your logic is full of bias and ignorance..hence its sucks.. one small example.. why would you expect Saudi Arabia to test BM that were already tested, approved and matured tech by China.. did get the point that your thought process is not very good in analysis of events and estimations of forces?
Wet day dreaming is free too..:lol:

No point wasting your time with a Mullah drone. They are already suffering enough. No need to increase the suffering as they are doing a great job of self-destructing on their own. Just sit back and enjoy.

Don't hurt your head too much.. the same channels on the Omani side can allow traffic both ways if necessary.. although it will get slower..
The same applies to the rest of your post.. your logic is full of bias and ignorance..hence its sucks.. one small example.. why would you expect Saudi Arabia to test BM that were already tested, approved and matured tech by China.. did get the point that your thought process is not very good in analysis of events and estimations of forces?
Wet day dreaming is free too..:lol:
Ahhh,no,sorry,the channels dont work that way.You have two sets of deep water channels,the omani ones allow entry into the strait,but its the iranian ones that allow you exit out of the strait and entry into the upper gulf.....,now of course you could try and send the tankers thru the deeper water along the omani/uae boundary but some of that area is disputed by iran....so more problems....but you might get lucky and make it,but then what happens when you come back the other way with a fully laden tanker thats much,much lower in the water?.The simple fact is that those channels were chosen for a reason and that was that the deepest water was in those areas.
It genuinely baffles me that people like yourself either do not understand what a shutdown/blockade of the strait would actually entail or else consider this to be some kind of utterly empty threat or bluff,it isnt not by a longshot,tho whether irans current rouhani government would actually have the balls to do it is somewhat debatable.However regardless the smart strategy would be never to get into a situation in the first place were the iranians feel that they have no choice but to seriously pursue this option.Unfortunately of course when it comes to the recent history of the west and its vassals actions in the me region "smart" is not a term that I would ever use.

"why would you expect Saudi Arabia to test BM that were already tested, approved and matured tech by China"
So according to that sort of thinking the saudi airforce wouldnt bother test flying an f15 or eurofighter or even bother doing any training because....well,you know its already been tested....right?
ARE YOU HONESTLY FU#KING SERIOUS!!!????!!!o_O:eek::rolleyes1::crazy::omghaha:
Are you honestly trying to tell me that you just dont see the need to test a weapons system even after you acquire it?
Good grief!!
I dont think its my logic thats the problem here my friend!.

Now onto the reasons for testing:

First off why would you test it?,well obviously you would test it for a few very good reasons that I will list:

You would test it to make sure that the local firing troops,saudi not chinese obviously,are both familiar with and competent in carrying out the operational steps and procedures required,such as transporting the missile to its launch site and erecting it,fitting/arming the warhead,setting the guidance system,fueling the missile,and a host of other steps that are necessary to fire the missile and have it reach its target sucessfully,unless of course saudi is planning on letting the chinese actually fire the missiles as well?.Ideally one would also want to try and do this under realistic operational conditions and to also do it somewhat frequently in order for the troops to keep their skill levels up to par as well as to familiarise new personnel with all the procedures necessary.

To make sure it lives up to the claims that the manufacturer/supplier has made for it ie:it can do the job they say it can.

To prove to other nations,both friend and foe,that you not only have this weapon,but that you can operate it as well and that it will do all the things they say it can.

I would have assumed that all of these things would`ve been completely self evident to most people,but then again this is the saudis/gulfies that we`re talking about,so this crazy attitude might actually explain a lot about the arabs/gulfies poor military performance.:azn:

Ahhh,no,sorry,the channels dont work that way.You have two sets of deep water channels,the omani ones allow entry into the strait,but its the iranian ones that allow you exit out of the strait and entry into the upper gulf.....,now of course you could try and send the tankers thru the deeper water along the omani/uae boundary but some of that area is disputed by iran....so more problems....but you might get lucky and make it,but then what happens when you come back the other way with a fully laden tanker thats much,much lower in the water?.The simple fact is that those channels were chosen for a reason and that was that the deepest water was in those areas.
It genuinely baffles me that people like yourself either do not understand what a shutdown/blockade of the strait would actually entail or else consider this to be some kind of utterly empty threat or bluff,it isnt not by a longshot,tho whether irans current rouhani government would actually have the balls to do it is somewhat debatable.However regardless the smart strategy would be never to get into a situation in the first place were the iranians feel that they have no choice but to seriously pursue this option.Unfortunately of course when it comes to the recent history of the west and its vassals actions in the me region "smart" is not a term that I would ever use.

"why would you expect Saudi Arabia to test BM that were already tested, approved and matured tech by China"
So according to that sort of thinking the saudi airforce wouldnt bother test flying an f15 or eurofighter or even bother doing any training because....well,you know its already been tested....right?
ARE YOU HONESTLY FU#KING SERIOUS!!!????!!!o_O:eek::rolleyes1::crazy::omghaha:
Are you honestly trying to tell me that you just dont see the need to test a weapons system even after you acquire it?
Good grief!!
I dont think its my logic thats the problem here my friend!.

Now onto the reasons for testing:

First off why would you test it?,well obviously you would test it for a few very good reasons that I will list:

You would test it to make sure that the local firing troops,saudi not chinese obviously,are both familiar with and competent in carrying out the operational steps and procedures required,such as transporting the missile to its launch site and erecting it,fitting/arming the warhead,setting the guidance system,fueling the missile,and a host of other steps that are necessary to fire the missile and have it reach its target sucessfully,unless of course saudi is planning on letting the chinese actually fire the missiles as well?.Ideally one would also want to try and do this under realistic operational conditions and to also do it somewhat frequently in order for the troops to keep their skill levels up to par as well as to familiarise new personnel with all the procedures necessary.

To make sure it lives up to the claims that the manufacturer/supplier has made for it ie:it can do the job they say it can.

To prove to other nations,both friend and foe,that you not only have this weapon,but that you can operate it as well and that it will do all the things they say it can.

I would have assumed that all of these things would`ve been completely self evident to most people,but then again this is the saudis/gulfies that we`re talking about,so this crazy attitude might actually explain a lot about the arabs/gulfies poor military performance.:azn:
This thread should answer your first question
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/how-bad-is-irans-oil-situation.567346/#post-10627286

Second the BM deal was totally secret, so Saudi operators were trained in China before any deliveries..
And comparing BM with airplanes is another testimony to your bad logicism.. you need to train pilots on fighter airplanes.. not the BMs you need operators who were trained in China and continued their work in KSA assisted by Chinese advisors for quite some time..

So still a biased opinion based on false logic and wishful thinking..

Children ,Children. Please play nicely .
By the way there is some misunderstanding here.
First I believe UAE has nothing to do with which ship go in and out of Persian gulf through strait of Hormoz .
Secondly as far as I'm aware we don't have a maritime dispute with Oman and if you see our ship enter each other waters its because since ages we had an agreement with them to enter each other water while policing the straight of hormoz .
Third honestly comparing Iran and KSA missile force is just a little pointless .

Back
Top Bottom