What's new

China completes second space docking test

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
BEIJING, Nov. 14 (Xinhua) -- China's Shenzhou-8 unmanned spacecraft re-docked successfully with the Tiangong-1, a module of the country's planned space lab, Monday evening, according to the mission's control center.

About half an hour before this docking, the Shenzhou-8 had successfully disengaged from Tiangong-1 after a 12-day flight together.

The Shenzhou-8, launched on Nov. 1, rendezvoused and docked with the Tiangong-1 module on Nov. 3 in an orbit 343 km above Earth, marking China's first space docking.

Tiangong-1 has been in orbit since its launch on Sept. 29.

The docking mechanism, composed of up to 10,000 parts, and the more than 600 instruments aboard Shenzhou-8 were all developed and made by China, said Wu Ping, spokeswoman for China's manned space program, at an earlier press conference.

The Shenzhou-8 is set to return to Earth on the evening of Nov. 17, Wu said.

China's spacecraft will conduct two more space docking missions in 2012, and the country plans to establish its own space lab around 2016 and a manned space station around 2020, according to Wu.

disengaged
211834adv9kkko424kkmlu.gif

211730wu8rsuluunudquyk.gif

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

211815aie23rrnoa0z80ws.gif

2117512w5q0xjcs2x5ifff.gif

[video]http://you.video.sina.com.cn:8080/api/sinawebApi/outplayrefer.php/vid=65259271_1_aUm0R3RrDTLK+l1lHz2stqkM7KQNt6nknyn t71+iJAtfVQmNborfO4kK5izUBcZA9m0/s.swf[/video]

BEIJING, Nov. 14 (Xinhua) -- China successfully completed Monday the country's second space docking that linked the unmanned spacecraft Shenzhou-8 again with the prototype space lab Tiangong-1, according to the mission's control center.

About half an hour before the re-docking, Shenzhou-8 had disengaged from Tiangong-1 after a 12-day flight together.

Shenzhou-8, launched on Nov. 1, rendezvoused and docked with the target orbiter Tiangong-1 on Nov. 3 in an orbit 343 km above earth, marking China's first space docking a success. Tiangong-1 has been in orbit since its launch on Sept. 29.

The Beijing Aerospace Control Center (BACC), which commanded the Shenzhou-8 mission, called the re-docking a success, during which functions of the measuring equipment and docking mechanism were tested in solar light.

Following the re-docking, the coupled spacecraft will fly together for two more days before the scheduled return of Shenzhou-8 to earth, Wu Ping, spokeswoman for the manned space program, said earlier.

The BACC said Monday that after the successful docking tests, the center will further modify the parameters of the orbit for Shenzhou-8 to return based on data collected through close monitoring over the procedures.

Prior to its return, Shenzhou-8 will re-disengage from Tiangong-1 and fly alone for a period of time, instead of immediately returning to earth, Li Jian, deputy chief engineer of BACC, said.

"Acquisition of the space docking technology is vital to China for implementing the three-phase development strategy of its manned space program," spokeswoman Wu said.

Another two docking missions with Tiangong-1 have been planned next year, and at least one will be manned, Wu said.

China plans to establish its own space lab around 2016 and a manned space station around 2020, she said.

131246402_11n.jpg

The graphics shows the procedure of the second docking between Shenzhou-8 spacecraft and Tiangong-1 space lab module on Nov. 14, 2011. (Xinhua/Lu Zhe)

China has a plan to go to the moon in terms of unmanned robotic mission.

China has a plan to go to the moon in terms of unmanned robotic mission.

Is that thing of yours capable to spit fire? Because of there is nothing up there, not even air. You know what I am saying? Are you trying to start a space war? Oh, please, don't give me that "peaceful utilizing space" stuff.

images

i think its not enough to start a space war, so, no.

As a concerned world citizen, how do I know that's the stuff you are going to send up there?
Would you be willing to allow that Japanese led IAEA inspect every payload you send up there?
You know what I am saying?

At least you have a real plan to really go to the moon. You know what I am saying?

Is that thing of yours capable to spit fire? Because of there is nothing up there, not even air. You know what I am saying? Are you trying to start a space war? Oh, please, don't give me that "peaceful utilizing space" stuff.

As a concerned world citizen, how do I know that's the stuff you are going to send up there?
Would you be willing to allow that Japanese led IAEA inspect every payload you send up there?
You know what I am saying?

I am not Indian. I am a Qatari grew up in America. You know what I am saying?

You are quite obviously an Indian troll.

You Indians are ashamed of your flag, so you set up these accounts to troll.

Back
Top Bottom