What's new

China blocked India's loan efforts at ADB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad day for Communist in office,

Even Pakistan voted in India's favor against China !

:enjoy:

Probably payback by Pakistan for China voting for India in the nuke deal and banning of JUD.

Regards

I dont think Pakistan would ever vote in India's favor against China. Pakistan needs China much more than China needs Pakistan.

Where in the article does it meantion that Pakistan voted in India's favor against China?

Please provide proof to backup your statement.

China slams ADB for funding India

NEW DELHI: In a move which can open up old wounds in India, China has come down heavily on Asian Development Bank (ADB) for approving a $2.9 billion
loan to India which, it said, meant interference in the political affairs between the two countries. Beijing was earlier said to have opposed the loan to India mainly because it included $60 million funding for a watershed project in Arunachal Pradesh, the state around which most of the Sino-Indian border disputes are centred.

The Chinese foreign office said in a statement that the adoption of the India Country Partnership Strategy (2009-2012) completely disregarded Beijing's concerns as "it involves disputed territories between China and India".

"China expresses strong dissatisfaction to the move, which can neither change the existence of immense territorial disputes between China and India, nor China's fundamental position on its border issues with India," said the statement.

ADB gave the go-ahead to the project on Monday after having postponed the approval for several months apparently because of the objections raised by China. The total $2.9 billion package covers the period from 2009 to 2012.

"As a regional institution on development, the ADB should not intervene in the political affairs of its members. The adoption of the document has not only dealt a severe blow to its own reputation but also undermines the interests of its members," it added, while urging ADB to take effective measures to eliminate the "terrible impact" of the decision.

On China-India border issues, it said that Beijing always believes that the two sides should seek a fair and equitable solution acceptable to both through bilateral negotiation.

ADB had earlier said that the Country Strategy for India covers the 2009-12 period and has been formulated in line with India's development priorities as set out in its 11th Five-Year Plan and is congruent with ADB's Strategy 2020.

In March, ADB had to postpone the board's discussion on the country partnership strategy for India at the request of China, which was upset by the inclusion of the watershed development project in Arunachal Pradesh in the plan.

However, last month, the agency made it clear that differences between India and China will have no bearing on ADB's lending plans to India saying the bank does not interfere in the political affairs of any member.

As India tries to strengthen its defences alongside the border with China, it is becoming increasingly clear that Beijing has been rattled by the exercise which includes deploying more men in the border areas. The Chinese media too in the past few weeks has attacked India for causing fresh strains in the ties even though, according to these reports, India lags far behind China in terms of status and say in international matters. In a recent poll conducted by a news agency in China, 74% of the respondents in fact said that they looked upon India as a threat to China.

I dont think Pakistan would ever vote in India's favor against China. Pakistan needs China much more than China needs Pakistan.

Where in the article does it meantion that Pakistan voted in India's favor against China?

Young Man grow up and do some internet re-search on the ADB website.

Pakistan voted for India against China and thats a fact.

:woot:

I agree a sad fact for you.

:cheers:

Regards

Young Man grow up and do some internet re-search on the ADB website.

Pakistan voted for India against China and thats a fact.

:woot:

I agree a sad fact for you.

:cheers:

Regards

No where on the internet can I find anywhere where it says Pakistan voted for India against China.

If you are confident, then please provide the details here in this forum where it says that Pakistan voted for India against China.

Hey Omar,

Just to help you this is what an Indian member posted.

Regards

Why China is mad at India

Indrani Bagchi Thursday June 18, 2009

China is well and truly mad at us. The latest provocation was a diplomatic coup that India pulled on China, getting the US, Japan and even Pakistan to vote for ADB funding for a $2.9 billion Indian development project, which includes a $60 million watershed development project in Arunachal Pradsh, a state, which China lays claim to.

No where on the internet can I find anywhere where it says Pakistan voted for India against China.

If you are confident, then please provide the details here in this forum where it says that Pakistan voted for India against China.

Other than the link mr. gabber posted on another thread have you noticed how all the informed chinese and pakistani members are avoiding this thread ? They all know for a fact that for once pakistan voted against China.

Regards

Hey Omar,

Just to help you this is what an Indian member posted.

Regards

Indrani Bagchi Thursday June 18, 2009

China is well and truly mad at us. The latest provocation was a diplomatic coup that India pulled on China, getting the US, Japan and even Pakistan to vote for ADB funding for a $2.9 billion Indian development project, which includes a $60 million watershed development project in Arunachal Pradsh, a state, which China lays claim to.

As if I would ever believe what an Indian says :crazy:

If I dont see an article saying that Pakistan voted for India against China, I wont buy it....it would be in tons of articles on the internet if Pakistan voted for India against China, and so far I didn't read that in any article.

Pakistan will never side with India against China. What you and other Indians are saying are lies. Please back your claims with solid proof next time when talking BS.

Regards.

As if I would ever believe what an Indian says :crazy:

If I dont see an article saying that Pakistan voted for India against China, I wont buy it....it would be in tons of articles on the internet if Pakistan voted for India against China, and so far I didn't read that in any article.

Pakistan will never side with India against China. What you and other Indians are saying are lies. Please back your claims with solid proof next time when talking BS.

Regards.

And once you have proof what will you do ?

Let me know and I will send you a neutral link.

Time to wake up lad and smell the coffee

:coffee:

:rofl:

Regards

China says no but US, Japan help ADB clear India’s plan

New Delhi: Despite strong dissent from China, India scored a major diplomatic victory at the Asian Development Bank board meeting today as all other members voted in favour to grant approval for the $2.9-billion India plan.

China had blocked a consensus because it contained $60-million watershed development projects in Arunachal Pradesh.

It’s reliably learnt that China was the lone dissenter at today’s meeting and voted against the India plan that covers the period for the next three years until 2012, arguing that ADB cannot fund projects in “disputed areas” like Arunachal Pradesh.

India, of course, countered that the ADB was not the forum to discuss these issues and that the state is an integral part of India.

The success at the ADB, sources said, was a result of a massive diplomatic effort which saw India sending demarches to all key countries. The scales finally tilted when US, the country with the maximum voting share, came out in India’s favour.
It’s learnt that last week Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee held a meeting in North Block with External Affairs Minister S M Krishna where it was decided that demarches be sent to all 66 countries represented in the ADB.

Specific attention was given to the US, Japan and South Korea, which control large voting shares in the Bank. Assurances were won and detailed explanations were provided to those who had doubts.

The ADB clearance comes a day before the PM meets the Chinese President Hu Jintao at Moscow where both leaders are attending the SCO well as the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) summits.

While the two leaders are unlikely to let this confrontation in the ADB come in the way of broader deliberations, sources said, the Chinese intransigence at the ADB has definitely left a sour taste.

Pakistan voted in India’s favour but not before it made a statement on how the ADB should have a policy on funding in “disputed areas”.

It’s learnt that Beijing had been leaning on Islamabad to show solidarity but the latter was constrained by the fact that its own plan has certain projects in the Northern Areas. Given its larger voting share, India could have created roadblocks for Pakistan’s plan in case it supported China. Moreover, Pakistan had no alternate funding arrangement.

Since March last week, when China first raised the objection, India had been lobbying hard with the ADB to rule out Chinese objections on the grounds that the Bank could not entertain bilateral disputes. However, the growing Chinese clout had ADB writing to India that it must find ways through bilateral channels to get Beijing to remove its objection.

India objected to ADB’s suggestion and went to the extent of conveying that if this was to be the approach, then India would rather withdraw its plan and “rethink” its relationship with the ADB.

And once you have proof what will you do ?

Let me know and I will send you a neutral link.

Time to wake up lad and smell the coffee

:coffee:

:rofl:

Regards

Send me a neutral link and dont send me a blog. Indians are known for writing BS behind the computer against Pakistan and China.

Send me a neutral link and dont send me a blog. Indians are known for writing BS behind the computer against Pakistan and China.

I will but what will you do once you come to know that Pakistan voted against China ?

Regards

China says no but US, Japan help ADB clear India’s plan

New Delhi: Despite strong dissent from China, India scored a major diplomatic victory at the Asian Development Bank board meeting today as all other members voted in favour to grant approval for the $2.9-billion India plan.

China had blocked a consensus because it contained $60-million watershed development projects in Arunachal Pradesh.

It’s reliably learnt that China was the lone dissenter at today’s meeting and voted against the India plan that covers the period for the next three years until 2012, arguing that ADB cannot fund projects in “disputed areas” like Arunachal Pradesh.

India, of course, countered that the ADB was not the forum to discuss these issues and that the state is an integral part of India.

The success at the ADB, sources said, was a result of a massive diplomatic effort which saw India sending demarches to all key countries. The scales finally tilted when US, the country with the maximum voting share, came out in India’s favour.
It’s learnt that last week Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee held a meeting in North Block with External Affairs Minister S M Krishna where it was decided that demarches be sent to all 66 countries represented in the ADB.

Specific attention was given to the US, Japan and South Korea, which control large voting shares in the Bank. Assurances were won and detailed explanations were provided to those who had doubts.

The ADB clearance comes a day before the PM meets the Chinese President Hu Jintao at Moscow where both leaders are attending the SCO well as the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) summits.

While the two leaders are unlikely to let this confrontation in the ADB come in the way of broader deliberations, sources said, the Chinese intransigence at the ADB has definitely left a sour taste.

Pakistan voted in India’s favour but not before it made a statement on how the ADB should have a policy on funding in “disputed areas”.

It’s learnt that Beijing had been leaning on Islamabad to show solidarity but the latter was constrained by the fact that its own plan has certain projects in the Northern Areas. Given its larger voting share, India could have created roadblocks for Pakistan’s plan in case it supported China. Moreover, Pakistan had no alternate funding arrangement.

Since March last week, when China first raised the objection, India had been lobbying hard with the ADB to rule out Chinese objections on the grounds that the Bank could not entertain bilateral disputes. However, the growing Chinese clout had ADB writing to India that it must find ways through bilateral channels to get Beijing to remove its objection.

India objected to ADB’s suggestion and went to the extent of conveying that if this was to be the approach, then India would rather withdraw its plan and “rethink” its relationship with the ADB.

I bet this came from an Indian source too.

Any neutral websites, because this would make news everywhere if Pakistan voted for India against China.

I bet this came from an Indian source too.

because this would make news everywhere if Pakistan voted for India against China.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The world could not care less or more if Pakistan voted against or for India only Indians or Pakistanis on this forum would. The rest of the world has better things to do.

Regards

:crazy:

I will but what will you do once you come to know that Pakistan voted against China ?

Regards

You're wasting your posts. Just post the damn neutral article if you can find one, dont post Indian crap here.

And you should go by your screen name, your NOT always neutral, infact you're the total opposite. I bet there's an Indian sitting behind that computer screen of your's.

:sniper:

You're wasting your posts. Just post the damn neutral article if you can find one, dont post Indian crap here.

And you should go by your screen name, your NOT always neutral, infact you're the total opposite. I bet there's an Indian sitting behind that computer screen of your's.

:sniper:

Ha Ha,

Frustration and youth not able to comprehend the truth manifests itself in your juvenile posts. Prove my message wrong if you can and i repeat it for your slow comprehension

PAKISTAN VOTED ON INDIA'S SIDE AGAINST CHINA.

Prove me wrong if you can. Telling the truth does not make me NOT NEUTRAL.

Sorry take up your grudge with Zardari not me.

I am happy being British.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom