What's new

China Belt & Road spending dips in H1, with no investment in Russia

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
The B&R Russian branch line needs to pass through Ukraine, and now it is not qualified for investment.
As for Sri Lanka, it is now in anarchy.

Last edited:
Two years ago, I said on this forum that One Belt One Road is a failed plan, just a waste of Chinese money, there was a Pakistani ID that disagreed with me, of course, Pakistanis got the money, but Pakistan is still stuck financial crisis. It seems that the money China can never get back.

Two years ago, I said on this forum that One Belt One Road is a failed plan, just a waste of Chinese money, there was a Pakistani ID that disagreed with me, of course, Pakistanis got the money, but Pakistan is still stuck financial crisis. It seems that the money China can never get back.
We must spend the huge amount of foreign exchange we have. Otherwise, we will bear the depreciation and inflation of these currencies alone.

We must spend the huge amount of foreign exchange we have. Otherwise, we will bear the depreciation and inflation of these currencies alone.
Spending money and wasting money are different concepts. One Road and One Belt has failed completely, and that money has been wasted. The investment cannot be recovered at all. The money that should have improved the living standards of the poor in China and invested in technological development was invested in a country with its own deep social conflicts.

Spending money and wasting money are different concepts. One Road and One Belt has failed completely, and that money has been wasted. The investment cannot be recovered at all. The money that should have improved the living standards of the poor in China and invested in technological development was invested in a country with its own deep social conflicts.
One Belt and One Road was designed to break out to the west of the country to West Asia and Europe from the encirclement and blockage of US and its allies on China's Eastern front at the time of Obama, US wants to totally encircle China and choke it to death as we know. OBOR was also designed to help develop the western part of China as the region will be linked to central Asia to Europe. OBOR is not purely economic, it also has strategic value for China. But, I do think that investments on OBOR maybe got bloomed too big involving too many projects and countries on global scale. maybe the investments and projects should be halved like, Chinese gov and companies should be more cautious with the investments esp in risky regions. If you look at the six corridors of OBOR, that will tell everything.

Last edited:
One Belt and One Road was designed to break out to the west of the country to West Asia and Europe from the encirclement of US and its allies on China's Eastern front at the time of Obama, US wants to totally encircle China and choke it to death as we know. OBOR was also designed to help develop the western part of China as the region will be linked to central Asia to Europe. OBOR is not purely economic, it also has strategic value for China. But, I do think that investments on OBOR maybe got bloomed too big involving too many projects and countries on global scale. maybe the investments and projects should be halved like, Chinese gov and companies should be more cautious with the investments esp in risky regions.

This is a political project, not an economic project, in today's China, politics comes first, not economics

Back
Top Bottom